• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Resident Evil 2, Hell Let Loose, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
new-game-pass-2024-january-03-3cbc00018846e9b7280a.jpg

Happy 2024! We hope your new year’s celebration was full of fun and games and that you have even more in store in the days to come. To help with that, let’s add some more games to your “to be played” list!

Available Today

Close to the Sun (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Deep in international waters, Tesla’s Helios stands still. An unbound utopia for scientific research, Rose Archer steps aboard in search of her sister, quickly to discover not all is as it seems. Use your wits to guide Rose on her journey to find her sister Ada, overcome dangers unknown to understand the fate of the Helios and its inhabitants in this narrative driven steampunk adventure.

Coming Soon

Hell Let Loose (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – January 4
Squad up and take to the battlefields of World War II in the ever-expanding, hardcore, first-person shooter experience that is Hell Let Loose. Join other players online in epic, 100 player battles, taking place across huge, to-scale maps, where working as a team is a matter of life and death, and the right – or wrong – decision can turn the tide of battle. We’ll see you on the front lines!
Hell_Hero-86123182cbcf818c64f1.jpg

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 9
Become Eivor, a legendary Viking warrior. Explore England’s Dark Ages as you raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in the quest to earn a place among the gods in Valhalla in this critically acclaimed entry in the Assassin’s Creed series.
ACV_Hero-ccc4838d4d455c09087e.jpg

Figment (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 9
An action-adventure game that invites you to explore a unique, surreal universe filled with music, humor and a multi-layered narrative. Join Dusty and his ever-optimistic friend, Piper, on an adventure through the different sides of the mind, seeking to restore the courage that’s been lost.
Super Mega Baseball 4 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play – January 11
Super Mega Baseball 4 is coming soon to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play, so grab your glove and your bat. It’s time to go yard with the best to ever play the game. Hit, pitch, throw, and slide into home plate with the series’ signature combination of arcade-inspired style and immersive gameplay depth.
We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 11
Making a return to the Game Pass library! From Compulsion Games, set in a drug-fueled, retro futuristic city in an alternative 1960s England, We Happy Few is an action adventure game in which you hide, fight, and conform your way out of a delusional Joy-obsessed world.
Resident Evil 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 16
Revisit the critically acclaimed nightmare of Raccoon City in Resident Evil 2 with new visuals, modern gameplay mechanics, and an over-the-shoulder perspective. Join rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield as they fight to survive a mysterious viral outbreak in Raccoon City that has turned its citizens into terrifying, flesh-eating zombies.
RE2_Hero-1feb2c8600db7169d37c.jpg

Those Who Remain (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 16
As the lights go out, the embers of darkness are stoked in the sleepy town of Dormont. Confront uncomfortable horrors, keep your sanity in check, and survive the night in this story-driven first-person psychological-thriller.

DLC / Game Updates

Dead by Daylight: Chucky – Available now
Game Pass members save 10% on their purchase! Meet your new best friend ‘til the end. Dead by Daylight: Chucky brings an iconic horror legend into The Fog with a new Killer: The Good Guy – Chucky. Purchasing this add-on unlocks an exclusive Charm: Good Guys Box. Wanna play?
Hello Neighbor 2 Anniversary Update – Available now
To celebrate the recent anniversary of Hello Neighbor 2 there is a new free update to check out. Visit the whole new area – the forest located on the outskirts of Raven Brooks. Explore the church and adjoining graveyard, once a renowned landmark and popular destination for townsfolk, now abandoned and eerily weird. Recent reports of a strange, cloaked figure seen lurking throughout the woods are probably completely unfounded. Are you brave enough to find it out?
Sea of Thieves: Season Ten – Available now
Sea of Thieves: Season Ten continues with the arrival of a new way to sail! Enjoy playing Safer Seas mode at your own pace, alone or with a crew of friends, immersing yourself in your adventures without interruption. Other crews and greater rewards await in the existing High Seas mode. Learn more here.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Sea of Thieves: Nightshine Parrot Pack – Available Now
This pack contains the Nightshine Parrot Jacket, Nightshine Parrot Sails, Nightshine Parrot Figurehead, Nightshine Parrot Hat and Nightshine Parrot Cutlass, as well as 10,000 gold to spend in-game.

Leaving Soon

The following games are leaving soon, so make sure to tie up any loose ends before they go. Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% to keep them in your library.
January 5:
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console)
January 15:
  • Garden Story (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC)
That wraps us up! Be sure to toss us a follow on our socials at Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass PC and stay tuned for more updates. Catch you next time!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not great. This is mostly old shit, which is my problem with PS+ and why I don't use it. I have RE2 and Valhalla. We Happy Few has already been on GP.

Figment is a decent add. Part 2 is on there already so you can play them both. I haven't tried them yet.
Those Who Remain and Close to the Sun seem like low budget 1st person horror games with middling reviews. Might be good, might suck. No idea.
Baseball does nothing for me.

Hell Let Loose is the only good add this 2 weeks.

Late December / Early January is truly the worst of Gamepass every year.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Cuz they know everybody’s got gift cards to burn and want them to spend
Its just a low point in releases, period. If you look at what is actually releasing its not a lot. They need to bounce back in 2 weeks with something a little better. There are not a lot of releases in late Jan either. I wouldnt be shocked to see Howl on 1/23. I think it'll be old stuff until 2/2 with Persona 3 remake.

Last edited:

Roberts

Not great. This is mostly old shit, which is my problem with PS+ and why I don't use it. I have RE2 and Valhalla. We Happy Few has already been on GP.

Yeah, I remember not even bothering with PS+ because it is basically a list of games that I have already played. I mean, RE2 and Valhalla is a good get but if you are interested in major AAA games, this is old news.

Stop trying to make We Happy Few a thing. It's never going to be a thing. The cover-art is enough to make people nope out.

It is a fascinating, unique, innovating game with good writting, worldbuilding and great sense of humour, but its only unfortunate downside is that their ambitions didn't match their budget. Still, not a waste of time.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Figment is a decent add. Part 2 is on there already so you can play them both. I haven't tried them yet.
Those Who Remain and Close to the Sun seem like low budget 1st person horror games with middling reviews. Might be good, might suck. No idea.
Baseball does nothing for me.

Hell Let Loose is the only good add this 2 weeks.

Late December / Early January is truly the worst of Gamepass every year.

A few of these games have already been (or are already on) PS+. So this is old shit for gamepass, but wasn't old when they released it on PS+.

Wow Hell Let Loose coming to games pass is incredible. That's going to blow up.

Best WW2 multiplayer game hands down. (Especially on console)

Last edited:

amigastar

Don't forget that it is new-gen enhanced. 120fps support and 60hz RT mode.

If this is your first time, I would recommend playing in the RT mode, because it fixes one of the biggest visual blemishes with the game, the really bad screen space reflections.

JtZAJGo.jpg
I will play it on PC. My 4070 will play the game max settings i'm sure.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have enjoyed Super Mega baseball. Fun baseball game.

January is a great month for Gamepass lots of great games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’ll give hell let loose a try.

As for you guys talking we happy few. I never understood the hype for it. I don’t even think it got great reviews and the art style is lousy.

NickFire

I'm looking forward to reading feedback on Hell Let Loose. Had it since it came on PS+. Tried playing it a few times, but man that game is hard for a noob. Never got a single kill. Hoping it has gotten a little easier over time for new players. Will give it another shot if the feedback looks good.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh god, they’re making another one?

No, they're developing South of Midnight right now. I just meant Compulsions game, even though the developer is now first party, Gearbox has the publishing rights for the game.

Might check out Close to the Sun, I like AA horror games like this. Otherwise nothing for me, as I already own Valhalla, and RE2.

Jump on both of those if you haven't tried them, and if Capcom wants to put RE3 in next month I'd be appreciative.

Top Bottom