• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's gonna be gaming on PC + XBox SX?

zcaa0g

Banned
The redundancy of where I can only play...

Fight Night Champion not on other current gen consoles or PC

Midnight Club LA not on other current gen consoles or PC

Virtua Fighter 5 not on other current gen consoles or PC

Gears of War 2 and 3 at 4K was like playing them for the first time again and those are not on PC

2 Tekken releases not on other current gen consoles or PC

Battlefield Bad Company not on other current gen consoles or PC

Call of Duty 3 not on other current gen consoles or PC

2 Soul Calibur releases not on other current gen consoles or PC

Crimson Skies in 4K. I also have the PC version but it takes some work to get it going and is still limited resolution wise.

Unreal Championship 2 not on other current gen consoles or PC

MX Unleashed at 4K that is not on other current gen consoles and while on PC, is limited to 4:3 aspect ratio

Burnout Revenge at 4K not on other current gen consoles or PC

Forza Horizon 1 at 4K not on PC

Splinter Cell series at 4K not on other consoles. They are on PC but have to fiddle with the older ones.

Ninja Gaiden Black at 4K not on other current gen consoles or PC

Red Dead Redemption at 4K not on other current gen consoles or PC

I could list more but you get the point. I have a high-end PC and a currently connected PS4 Pro, XBox One X, XBox 360, Switch and Wii U but the aforementioned games are still relevant to me. Maybe not for others but different strokes for different folks.

Now if you are talking only new games going forward then that's a different story but the fact is, all of the above will ultimately still be playable offering a good variety of games and genres and some look damn good even today.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
I think the more games are Play Anywhere compatible (or whatever they're calling it now) the more likely this PC/Xbox combo is likely to be an option people, as some people have suggested in the thread. Being able to play something on the PC and then pick up where you left off on the console in your living room, that's a pretty sweet prospect. It can very rarely be done with just a handful of games right now, but if this is the direction they're going I think it will be solid for them.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I main game on PC, however I will get my boy an XSS for Minecraft, probably will play some family games with him.

The Xbox is essentially a heavily compromised one-purpose budget pc. I don't see why anyone who already has a good gaming rig would want one.
Maybe those strange people with 5 different gaming rooms or simply people who don't want to spend money upgrading their pc.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Xbox is essentially a heavily compromised one-purpose budget pc. I don't see why anyone who already has a good gaming rig would want one.
Maybe those strange people with 5 different gaming rooms or simply people who don't want to spend money upgrading their pc.
I mean sure, but you could say this about literally any modern game console.

I don't get why PC gamers bang on about redundancy, its a fucking console not a huge pc tower.... it fits on the tv unit, having both and sharing the save data across both platforms makes it golden.... i dont get ppl not agreeing with it. For me PC is in a small room, its cool but playing in the living room on a big tv with a beer just feels more comfy....

i mena if im sat on the pc and the missus wants it for work or w/e i can just go play on the xbox if its FH4/Gears or sot... and vice versa.

Last edited:

combat_drone

Neo Member
I want to play some games on my OLED 4K HDR TV. Unfortunately, my monitor can't do that.

There's also some console only games I want to continue to play too.

Jigga117

Going PC + XBOX is denying yourself great games for the sake of it, which I must say is pretty fanboy-ish.

But to each their own.
Wtf I jus saw this how the hell is this fanboyish of choice? Man get the hell on with this BS. No one here needs to justify wtf they do with their own preference or what they used to like. I have played them all and today 2020 this is me. Your comment sounds fanboyish because if I said anything else outside of anything MS related that means I wouldn’t have gotten the response from you I got. Which is weird that your worried about complete strangers preferences.

Jonsoncao

Banned
You apparently do not have any kids.

If you already game on PC, unless you have a particularly strong affinity for Xbox, there is literally no need to buy an Xbox. Ever.
If you like using a controller you can just buy an Xbox controller and use it on a PC.

PlayStation you kind of need to own one to play their games.
But if you're willing to wait a couple of years for things to get ported to PC, as it seems they might, then you still don't need to buy one.

If you already game on PC, unless you have a particularly strong affinity for Xbox, there is literally no need to buy an Xbox. Ever.
If you like using a controller you can just buy an Xbox controller and use it on a PC.

PlayStation you kind of need to own one to play their games.
But if you're willing to wait a couple of years for things to get ported to PC, as it seems they might, then you still don't need to buy one.
How many of Sony's exclusives have appeared on PC though?
I highly doubt you will be seeing GOW Ragnarok on PCs ever

Demojay13

Built a gaming pc about 18 months and its been a great compliment to my xbox.
Being able to cross play games with my son like FH4, trailmakers and rocket league has been great.

TaySan

Banned
I'm mainly a PC gamer(3080 FE just arrived yesterday!) And currently have both PS5 and Series X on Preorder from Amazon. Im thinking about selling Series X to a good friend at launch, but that DF video on BC is giving me pause as i would love to go back to the Gears Trilogy and Rare Replay again.

My PC has become a glorified Web browser at this point. I have a GTX 1080 and a i7 3770. It's ok for 1080P games. If the Series X allows for a mouse/keyboard and has the edge browser that allows for extensions. I might just flip over to the Series X as my main anything machine.

Last edited:

Banned
I'm curious why some people combine a PC with an XBox as all games will be out on both. Doesn't the redundancy bother you?
Is it purely for having that shiny new hardware?

one for the TV, one for the PC experience. Microsoft's games and many third party titles have cross save between both. so jumping from your PC desk to your livingroom TV is pretty seemless in these games, without the need to use a 20m HDMi cable or stream it via steam link or something.
(tho I actually have a 10m HDMi cable running to the TV too lol...)

MrFunSocks

Banned
Consoles != PCs, PCs != consoles. They both have their purpose and uses. Just because they can play the same games means nothing. The PS5 and Series X will play 99% the same games as well, doesn't mean people won't get both.

XOMTOR

That would be me. My PC is old (like i5-750 and a GTX580 old) so a complete build would be in order. Now, here in Canuckistan, it's gonna cost at least $1300 to get reasonably close to Series X. Not only that, but I can get a Series X essentially for free with the loads of PC Optimum points I have accumulated. Unfortunately, Shoppers Drug Mart doesn't sell PC parts. For someone who no longer has the time or energy to devote to PC gaming, the Series X is a great piece of hardware. Lastly, even if I did build a new PC, there are still tons of games I wouldn't have access to; just the thought of being able to replay Metal Gear Solid 3 and Red Dead Redemption in HD has me more excited for gaming than I have been for years.

anothertech

Pc 3080 + ps5 digital mostly, though I will also own the SeX and SeS and the pro versions of each in another few years :)

Last edited:
People said we'd never see any game from sony
Then we'd never see a big game like horizon
and now, we have what you say
Horizon, Death Stranding, and?
Two titles what a large library
Sony will certainly put more titles on PC but
1) it won't be for a while until after their release
2) the majority of their titles won't be on there
I can see titles like Bloodborne (a game released 5 years ago) and some other titles going on PC
Games like GOW Ragnarok (assuming it's PS5 exclusive and takes advantage of the hardware), their flagship franchise?
I highly doubt it

Last edited:

McHuj

Play Anywhere and synced saves are amazing. Dream ticket for those who can afford it. Sometimes I want to play at a desk, sometimes on a couch...

that’s basically what I’m debating now and it seems very appealing. Simply due to family sometimes I can’t play on the tv or pc, but if I can play the same game on both with cross saves, it’s very appealing.

having not owned an Xbox one this gen I’ve missed out on plenty of games that I could instantly pickup with game pass.

that’s basically what I’m debating now and it seems very appealing. Simply due to family sometimes I can’t play on the tv or pc, but if I can play the same game on both with cross saves, it’s very appealing.

having not owned an Xbox one this gen I’ve missed out on plenty of games that I could instantly pickup with game pass.

I would do it without hesitation. Sometimes you just want/need to play in a different space...

JCK75

multiplayer games I'll only play on PC, but all others I am content playing on anything so long as it looks and plays well, I intend to use plenty of gamepass across PC and Series X, and I play my switch a good bit.. will play Sony games on PS4 for now and get a PS5 a year or two later.

VCL

I have a pc with a 2070 like main system, i will jump to series x due the extra power and features

Last edited:
Xbox in the gaming room and PC gaming is in my home office (separate unit to my house) so I play far more on my Xbox. I really only play PC games while something at work is chugging away on the other screen. Xbox I get social gaming in with my friends. Gamepass and Xbox Live apps going between console and PC has me switching around between them more often than previous generations etc.

Very happy with the approach Xbox/MS has taken with console and PC, can't wait for more crossplay and higher populations in game too.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I've got a PC, Xbox One X, and PlayStation 4 Pro. I barely play my One X; I've got only three games for it: Halo "Something," which came with the console; Gears of War 4; and Red Dead Redemption 2, which is the only title I play on the console. Hence, I won't be getting an Xbox Series X; however, I've been upgrading my PC and have already pre-ordered a PlayStation 5.

evanft

LMAO no. Every dollar of the Series X's $500 price tag is better spent somewhere else, like on a GPU or PS5.

DavidGzz

My Rig is a big bish and I need something portable. I have a 1660ti which will do me good for a while but it isn't a 2080 and I don't feel like spending 3 times as much as the XSX to get a new PC at the moment. A lot of bang in that little black box for the buck. I'm also getting a PS5 so don't be concerned.

I plan to get a ps5/XSX in addition to my PC. I just prefer to game on my OLED though. I play games on my PC that are more PC-centric and made for a mouse. But overall I like my OLED TV setup more. So I get the XSX to tap into that.

Pantz

If you have a top of the line PC it's harder but you still might want to have a separate comfy TV setup. Xbox for now still seems to have better HDR than PC so maybe you want to check out games in HDR. There quite a few BC games that you can't find on PC and many older PC games get harder to run and might have controller support problems, etc. Bigger selection of games if you have Game Pass Ultimate.

For me, I use my PC with ultrawide monitor at a normal computer desk and mostly play games from recent years because it's too expensive for me to stay on top of the latest games at good graphics settings. Then I have my consoles hooked up to a 4K HDR TV and get nice visuals from the latest games at a low cost.

Flintty

I’ll be swapping between XSX and my gaming rig, depending on the game but also for coop/multiplayer games with family members (e.g. Sea of Thieves). Cross save and play is an excellent feature I couldn’t do without.

No reason for me to get a PS5 just yet.

CrysisFreak

Banned
XBOX/PC is the only option for me period

XBOX in the living room, PC in the bedroom

Nothing I want to play on PS5 or Switch (that isn't already on PC)

If sony stopped censoring games and making western sjw cinematic borefests and went back to the PSX days sure I detest sony's vision of what the games industry should be

PlayStation has made it clear that they cater to a certain type of gamer and if you don't fit mold you are SOL so I can't support them in any way shape or form

Pre PS4 I would own an Xbox and Playstation every gen now I can't do that
Cringe.
Outside of their 3rd person blockbusters they have more variety than Xkeks. Nioh 2, Persona 5, FF7R and so on get played on PS the most. Where is Xbox's variety? Battletoads and recore? My sides.
Also outside of Naughty Dog their games don't have an insane amount of cutscenes compared to 3rd party games, keep coping.
Because one of their games has SJW stuff you think all of them do. Is that brain damage?
Where is SJW stuff in GOW, Days Gone, Spiderman, Blodborne, GTS?

Xbox/PC is by far the worst platform combo in the history of gaming.
It can still be right for you but come on stop coping and stop referring to our games as SJW borefests when they're not.
Also dilate.

I mean sure, but you could say this about literally any modern game console.
The other game consoles do not have their first party offerings on PC day one. That`s what makes the xbox a hard sell for PC gamers, it`s redundant.
If I get a Switch or a PS5 in addition to my PC I gain access to their exclusives.
What do I gain with an xbox besides a 2nd (in my case considerably weaker) PC with very limited usability that doesn`t allow for mouse and keyboard input? The classic arguments like controller input, Couch gameplay etc are all not valid as all of that works just as well with the PC....

Last edited:

Hakiroto

I love my PC (3700X, 2080 Super, 144Hz 1440p, etc.) but despite all that, what it doesn't give me is the comfort of sitting on the sofa in the living room in front of a massive 4K HDR TV. I've pre-ordered a PS5 as I loved all the Sony exclusives during this generation but I have to admit that I'm thinking about how nice it'd be to have a Series X in the living room as well. Stop making me think like that! I've spent enough.

Eliciel

It's going to be PC and PS5.
My PC is going to run the best out of NVIDIA 3080 and AMD Big Navi and a Ryzen 2 or 3. I have to decide if I upgrade my Zen2..and 16gb RAM with 5-6 TB SSD....all of that with XBOX GamesPass in some months that I deem viable and in others I am going to purchase the games one-by-one e.g. Destiny 2 BL.

PS5 is going to be bought later on and is going to be my console exclusive system.
All Xbox exclusives are going to play on my PC whenever they arrive. I don't care about Timed Exclusives.
Should Sony start putting out everything on PC my PS5 is probably going to be sold as well.

I am no Console or Gaming System Fanatic, I am a gamer that wants the best possible content for his money...that's all
Sometimes that means "Gaming as a service" sometimes that means "Buying an actual game".

Last edited:

Flintty

Cringe.
Outside of their 3rd person blockbusters they have more variety than Xkeks. Nioh 2, Persona 5, FF7R and so on get played on PS the most. Where is Xbox's variety? Battletoads and recore? My sides.
Also outside of Naughty Dog their games don't have an insane amount of cutscenes compared to 3rd party games, keep coping.
Because one of their games has SJW stuff you think all of them do. Is that brain damage?
Where is SJW stuff in GOW, Days Gone, Spiderman, Blodborne, GTS?

Xbox/PC is by far the worst platform combo in the history of gaming.
It can still be right for you but come on stop coping and stop referring to our games as SJW borefests when they're not.
Also dilate.
Na, list wars and being told your preferences are wrong is cringe.

Roberts

If if I had a PC (I'm a freelancer who works at home on my mac), I would be totally up for xbox and pc combo. PA and GPU only makes it more desirable. Let's say you want to continue a game you have started on xbox, but wife watches Groundhog Day for the 100000x time or Bill Burr stand-up on TV. No problem, just load up the game on your PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I want to, but I'll probably save my money for other things. PC is more than enough right now.

Boneyblaff

I've got a pretty solid gaming PC for what I play (5700xt + R5 2600), but I pre-ordered a Series X to be the first next gen system I get of the two. My PC is in my office, and working from home has just ruined relaxing in there for me. So the Series X is going to be great to just plop on the couch and kick back.

Orky

Banned
Pc and xbox is the worst combination ever now with all the games going to pc.
Better off getting ps and/or switch.

arent most PS games coming to PC anyways, like horizon, death stranding etc.? And don’t even Sony say that are going to expanding that? So by that logic wouldn’t it make more sense to get a switch, since non of their games come to PC, whereas PS5 games will come to PC?

As shared in its 2020 corporate report, Sonywill “explore expanding our first-party titlesto the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability.” The specific games that will be ported

DonF

Gold Member
Killer combo is a good pc and a controller.

No need to get an entire new console just for...what really?

Top Bottom