• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are black people so universally hated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizbuka

Banned
They are universally hated?

What about Will Smith? Or Gordon Freeman?

But even if we're just talking about the "normal" people, talking how black people are hated everywhere and anywhere seems like a huge, huge exaggeration for me.

That's it, confirmation Half Life 3 is coming!!!!!!!!! All rejoice

Enzom21

Thanks for the compliment, it's my opinion, if you like every type of attitude in the world then that's your decision. I simply don't like the gangster attitude, regardless of ethnicity. Why the hell should I be okay with it? I guess you would be okay with stuck up bitches who think the world revolves around them too?

No my issue is with you claiming most black people have a "black attitude". Where do you see this "black attitude"?

Are you basing this opinion on actual black people you have met or black people you see in the media?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I would think American blacks are the most hated of all...

KillGore

No my issue is with you claiming most black people have a "black attitude". Where do you see this "black attitude"?

Are you basing this opinion on actual black people you have met or black people you see in the media?

That's where the problem starts, you didn't read my post correctly, nowhere did I say that MOST acted like this, I said a LOT, which is not the same thing. A lot can be a different measurement for different people, for me that could be a small number, since I hate it with all my being, it bothers me just with 1 person acting this way. Also, I said "stereotypical black attitude" meaning the ones that are stereotypes but not necessarily true, the ones we see on films and TVs. I never said this WAS the black attitude.

Edit: I also said that a LOT of white people do this too, why didn't you attack me because of that? It really bothers me when people go on edge when things like this happen. I placed both on equal plates and I automatically get attacked because I "insulted" black people (yet go blind when I say the same thing about white people).

Buzzati

Banned
It doesn't matter what angle you approach racial equality, as long as psychometric testing can substantiate the claim that deems black people as less intelligent than other races, it's over. There simply is no paved path for racial equality when the underlying cause of intellectual ability is genetical. 'The Bell Curve' and its adherers chase a theme that has done more to set black people back than slavery, in my opinion.

We need a new dialogue on the topic of human ability that isn't shortsighted and/or full of fucking shit. I suggest James Flynn.

I would say blacks are actually hated more in South America than in the US. Shit aint changed over there, they segregate entire towns.

Oh man, South America.

I think Brazil has about 130 different classifications for race based on fucking COMPLEXION.

You can't just simply be black...nobody wants to be that. So all of these other names were created in order to separate every possible gradation so that they can be as far away from "black" as humanly possible.

And don't get me started on the Dominican.

Everywhere I go, someone hands me a mop or a broom, Iknowthefeeling.jpg. Joking, but yeah I actually think that what you described is very unique and I can only imagine how frustrating it is.

Yeah I usually don't have any problems with racism though. White women(usually in their 30s and up) flirt with me or send me suggestive signals all the time. I get winked at so many times I lost count. Most of them know me by name and what not. I don't understand the thing with older white women and black guys, but I guess they just find it fun

And with most of my customers that are white guys I have nice conversations with them. I talk to one of them about Disney movies and such as he's a long time Disney fan and has met John Lassester(sp) from PIXAR. So it's not all jaded that people make it out to be. It's all based upon your perception and whether you're looking for it or not.

IceCold

I would say blacks are actually hated more in South America than in the US. Shit aint changed over there, they segregate entire towns.

I think in South-America discrimination has more to do with social class than race. The thing is that sometimes social class correlates with race due to the past.

I would say that one of the worst places on Earth for a black guy would be Russia. They have the highest number of Neo-Nazis in the world. I'm white and don't even feel like going there.

Blackace

There is racism in the US and American blacks are hated by parts of the American population but saying they are the most hated of all, worldwide?

Based on what?

based on the fact that the worldwide media portrays us as extras on the wire or rap videos.. and we get hated on even in Africa

I think in South-America discrimination has more to do with social class than race.

No, it's race. It's always been race.

People don't realize it, but the majority of slaves that came over in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade went to South and Central America. The OVERWHELMING majority.

There is a serious race/complexion hang-up in that region. I can link you some interesting documentaries if you're so inclined.

Onemic

They are universally hated?

What about Will Smith? Or Gordon Freeman?

But even if we're just talking about the "normal" people, talking how black people are hated everywhere and anywhere seems like a huge, huge exaggeration for me.

gordon-freeman-gif.gif

The Freeman approves

Loki

Count of Concision
Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.

Awesome post dude. Inspiring yet sad (and true) at the same time.

KillGore

Black american muslim or satanist would be hated on sure, being gay though, that's the fucking end of it.

Darn, I forgot to add that

Black american muslim (or satanist) woman who is gay. That would probably be the toughest.

(have to make clear that I don't hate any of this, just what the general population hates, or at least in the US)

Onemic

That's where the problem starts, you didn't read my post correctly, nowhere did I say that MOST acted like this, I said a LOT, which is not the same thing. A lot can be a different measurement for different people, for me that could be a small number, since I hate it with all my being, it bothers me just with 1 person acting this way. Also, I said "stereotypical black attitude" meaning the ones that are stereotypes but not necessarily true, the ones we see on films and TVs. I never said this WAS the black attitude.

Edit: I also said that a LOT of white people do this too, why didn't you attack me because of that? It really bothers me when people go on edge when things like this happen. I placed both on equal plates and I automatically get attacked because I "insulted" black people (yet go blind when I say the same thing about white people).

I think it has to do with how you phrased your original statment.

I don't have a problem with the skin color, but I do have a problem with what's stereotypically known as the "Black attitude", you know, the "Yo man, I'm a badass gangsta who can fuck you up in 2 seconds with my crew". Unfortunately a lot of black people have this attitude. I am aware that not all are like this and I'm also aware that a lot of white people have this attitude as well, which I HATE too. I just really hate that certain attitude, doesn't matter what skin color you are.

Although you did say a lot of white people have it the way the statement is phrased can come of as if that was an aside to your main point that it's mainly black people that have that attitude and not just people in general. If you admit all people have this attitude and it is not mainly blacks, then why bring it up in the first place, and why make it black people with that attitude as the central point of that statement? Even though you put that a lot of white people have it as well, it seems as if you put a whole lot more weight towards black people having that attitude.

rodvik

People don't realize it, but the majority of slaves that came over in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade went to South and Central America. The OVERWHELMING majority.

There is a serious race/complexion hang-up in that region. I can link you some interesting documentaries if you're so inclined.

Interesting, I never knew that. A documentary link would be great actually.

I am from Ecuador and one of my cousins was just born REALLY REALLY dark despite no known African ancestry. Her mom hates her for being black, and she doesn't hide it, it's very sad.

I somewhat lucky(guilty for feeling that way as well) having been born very white, I could have been kind of dark/native looking like my father.

Interesting, I never knew that. A documentary link would be great actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StotphBXSRc

quaere

I see in this thread we are happily pretending that different races don't have significant differences in cultural behaviors on average, which anyone living in reality knows is complete nonsense.

This might be great idea for racial harmony but it kind of defeats the purpose of having any sort of discussion involving race.

KillGore

Although you did say a lot of white people have it the way the statement is phrased can come of as if that was an aside to your main point that it's mainly black people that have that attitude and not just people in general. If you admit all people have this attitude and it is not mainly blacks, then why bring it up in the first place, and why make it black people with that attitude as the central point of that statement? Even though you put that a lot of white people have it as well, it seems as if you put a whole lot more weight towards black people having that attitude.

If you read the post I wrote after that one I said"

...I guess I'm misinformed, I don't believe that "gansta culture" is black culture but I do believe that this type of attitude came from black gangsters, but you could correct me if I'm wrong...

Meaning I think it did originate from black gangsters (which again, you could correct me if I'm wrong). That's why I'm putting the weight on black people, but just because I believe that doesn't mean that I believe that MOST are like this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If you read the post I wrote after that one I said"

Meaning I think it did originate from black gangsters (which again, you could correct me if I'm wrong). That's why I'm putting the weight on black people, but it doesn't mean that I believe that MOST are like this.

black gangsters only reflect gangsters from that community. there are russian gangsters, italian gangsters, hispanic gangsters...

gangsters are gangsters

they don't influence the culture, the culture influences them

KillGore

black gangsters only reflect gangsters from that community. there are russian gangsters, italian gangsters, hispanic gangsters...

gangsters are gangsters

they don't influence the culture, the culture influences them

I'm not saying that black people invented gangsters and I am aware that there are different gangster attitudes but I'm mainly speaking about the Stereotypical "black/wigger/caco" gangster attitude.

I can say wigger right? is that a bad word?

DY_nasty

I'm not saying that black people invented gangsters and I am aware that there are different gangster attitudes but I'm mainly speaking about the Stereotypical "black/wigger/caco" gangster attitude.

I can say wigger right? is that a bad word?

I'm not even sure what you're saying. It sounds like "the image of the black gangster sticks out more to me because its the most popular and marketable" but I could just be seeing things.

KillGore

I'm not even sure what you're saying. It sounds like "the image of the black gangster sticks out more to me because its the most popular and marketable" but I could just be seeing things.

The "black" gangster attitude definitely sticks out more to me, because where I live that attitude is pretty popular with the young people, including my sister. Hate it.

Edit: Picture this, I live in a small island with 4 million people (Puerto Rico) and the "black" gangster attitude is overtaking the youth and it's what's popular and what the girls like. Visiting the US a couple of times (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina) I noticed it's the same attitude as american gansters, which a lot of them were black people. My female american cousins from SC (who are white) act like black gangsters and most of their friends are black people who a lot of them act like gangsters as well.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would think American blacks are the most hated of all...

In Japan, at least, surely it's the African blacks who try to emulate the "gangster" image that are hated the most. Wouldn't you agree?

edit: excluding American military!

DY_nasty

The "black" gangster attitude definitely sticks out more to me, because where I live that attitude is pretty popular with the young people, including my sister. Hate it.
Gangsters are popular worldwide for the same reasons. Its a romantic lifestyle. The Yakuza, Russian Gangs, Brazilian squads... its all the same. The "black" part is just something extra you assign to what's been prevalent in every region since gangs began to form and take root.

QwWjw.jpg

DY_nasty

In Japan, at least, surely it's the African blacks who try to emulate the "gangster" image that are hated the most. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't even know how you be a black gangster in Japan

that doesn't even make sense.

you talking about how someone dresses?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know how you be a black gangster in Japan

that doesn't even make sense.

Take a visit to the Harajuku or Roppongi districts in Tokyo and you will encounter African chaps in full hip-hop garb harassing all manner of people passing by with some often broken-as-hell English or Japanese.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Violent crime statistics.
I'd go with this. I think a lot of the anger/distrust comes from the relatively large amount of black-related crimes that comes from such a small % of the total population. I live in Memphis, and every time the evening news comes on, there's like a 90% chance that the rape, murder, theft, drug deal that happened the night before was perpetrated by someone who was black.

It's disheartening, because when people see stuff like they, they associate it with blacks in general. That, plus negative reinforcement from rap videos (and television portrayals in general) doesn't help at all. But, it's the reality of things and I don't, unfortunately, see that perception changing for a long, long time.

royalan

Take a visit to the Harajuku or Roppongi districts in Tokyo and you will encounter African chaps in full hip-hop garb harassing all manner of people passing by with some often broken-as-hell English or Japanese.

Not sure if serious...

KillGore

Gangsters are popular worldwide for the same reasons. Its a romantic lifestyle. The Yakuza, Russian Gangs, Brazilian squads... its all the same. The "black" part is just something extra you assign to what's been prevalent in every region since gangs began to form and take root.

For some reason, it's hard to believe that the Yakuza and Russian gangs act like american gangs.

DY_nasty

That isn't loaded at all.

"Take a visit to Austin and you'll see a bunch of Mexicans in their finest Pitbullian attire being belligerent with everyone they come across with their disgusting Spanglish"

"Take a visit to Boston and you'll see a bunch of White people in Red Sox gear being assholes to anyone around with their fucked up Americaneese"

"Take a visit to X, you'll see Y, wearing Z, being unsociable or generally disruptive to all these good upstanding people with their poor communication skills"
For some reason, it's hard to believe that the Yakuza and Russian gangs act like american gangs.
Their music isn't as good.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if serious...

Very much so! Instant Google results! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YOfBkOiCFw

That isn't loaded at all.

"Take a visit to Austin and you'll see a bunch of Mexicans in their finest Pitbullian attire being belligerent with everyone they come across with their disgusting Spanglish"

"Take a visit to Boston and you'll see a bunch of White people in Red Sox gear being assholes to anyone around with their fucked up Americaneese"

"Take a visit to X, you'll see Y, wearing Z, being unsociable or generally disruptive to all these good upstanding people with their poor communication skills"

Their music isn't as good.

Oh, it's loaded for sure. I just brought it up because I know Blackace lives in Japan. In my experience, it's the African blacks who are "hated" more there. I was wondering if he agreed.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
why just black people? what about us mexicans? we take yer jerbs and shit.

Steelrain

Take a trip to Kabukicho or Gotanda and you'll encounter Japanese chaps in full suits harassing all manner of people passing by with some often broken-as-hell English or Japanese. They are touts for their bars and everyone does it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Its almost like you couldn't find every ethnicity or race doing fucked up shit on the internet!

My main point is that they are specifically dudes from Africa who are hired by shops (or start up their own shops--I don't know), to give the place some kind of authentic "American hip-hop" feel. It's kind of ridiculous and a bit offensive as an American. I'm not even saying they are bad people or deserving of hate. They're just doing a job.

Blackace

But they hate on American blacks more than anyone else in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom