• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does Ann Coulter wonder why her article was shelved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the "I don't get it" complaints make the piece a hell of a lot funnier than the original. They should just print it like that, with all the complaints intact.

FnordChan

Let's take a moment to put Ann Coulter into context:

"Here at the Spawn of Sony convention at Gaming-Age, the hardcore are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like Nintendo fans do. My allies are the ones wearing Die Hard Game Fan t-shirts and Neo-Geo lapel pins. The people sporting shirts emblazened with the Metal Gear Solid exclamation mark are my opponents. Also, as always, the tagged members and the mods are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling..."

FnordChan

akascream

Banned
Sheesh, I dunno which is more spiteful or full of hate, the article or the responses to it? Putting that article into the context of a bright and funny Coulter, and seeing the reactions here, I can't help but see her real intentions. Pity too.. she could put her talents to far better use than baiting half-wits imho.

akascream said:
Sheesh, I dunno which is more spiteful or full of hate, the article or the responses to it?

Seems pretty obvious...

she could put her talents to far better use than baiting half-wits imho.

She does, though. She's a fantastic researcher, which any non-crazy person who reads her books has to admit.

fart

Savant
chris kohler's pretty fat guys, lol he's like the michael moore of the internet AM I RITE???

in fact, you could say there's a little michael moore in all of us.. you might even say we cooked michael moore and he's in our stomachs right now! hah hah hah! wait, forget that one.

akascream said:
It's pretty obvious she sells books the same way Moore sells movies. I guess I can't really blame them though.

This was released after she was taken off the conservative National Review.

After the September 11 attack masterminded by a terrorist hoping to spark a religious war, virtually every official and pundit knew better than to take the bait. Except for conservative commentator Ann Coulter, who wrote in a syndicated column on September 12 that in responding to terrorists "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

The column outraged the public, but conservatives, including National Review editor Richard Lowry, ascribed Coulter's column to grief over the loss of a friend in the attacks. But the following week, Coulter was at it again: "Congress could pass a law tomorrow requiring that all aliens from Arabic countries leave....We should require passports to fly domestically. Passports can be forged, but they can also be checked with the home country in case of any suspicious-looking swarthy males." This time Lowry spiked her column. Coulter responded by calling Lowry and his staff censorious "girly boys." Lowry then dropped her as a contributing editor. Other conservative leaders also condemned her comments.

What's curious is that Coulter's comments aren't all that different, in tone and style, from hundreds of others she's made over the years. But in the past, her ire was directed at her domestic political enemies---for which she drew fulsome praise from conservatives. Last year, the Media Research Center presented Coulter with its "Conservative Journalist of the Year" award. The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute bestowed upon her its annual conservative leadership award "for her unfailing dedication to truth, freedom and conservative values and for being an exemplar, in word and deed, of what a true leader is."

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

I honestly think she's really really vicious. I mean.... who would attack Princess Diana like that a week after her freaking funeral!?!

The Wisdom of Ann Coulter

xsarien

daedsiluap
Here's my theory on Ann Coulter:

She's the smartest person on the planet, and I'll tell you why: I truly don't believe she believes what she says; she writes it for the single purpose of jerking off the radical right, who also happen to be very, very wealthy. They buy her shit in DROVES, she gets money, they get circle-jerk material for their private clubhouses on restricted golf courses, everybody wins.

ge-man

xsarien said:

She's the smartest person on the planet, and I'll tell you why: I truly don't believe she believes what she says; she writes it for the single purpose of jerking off the radical right, who also happen to be very, very wealthy. They buy her shit in DROVES, she gets money, they get circle-jerk material for their private clubhouses on restricted golf courses, everybody wins.

IAWTP

I've always found it hard to take her at face value.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
xsarien said:

IAWTP. She really is a real-life "joke character".

BTW, comparisons between Coulter and Michael Moore are half-baked at best. Even if you don't place stock in either of them, Moore's humor is much more subtle and subdued (I doubt he will begin his coverage of the RNC by calling it the "Spawn of Satan convention"), and he comes off as much less of a fanatic as she does. As someone else mention, Bill O'Reilly would be a better fit...or, if you absolutely had to pick someone from the left, Al Franken would do in a pinch.

Vibri

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
Seems pretty obvious...

She does, though. She's a fantastic researcher, which any non-crazy person who reads her books has to admit.

Is that a joke? How about responding to some of her comments linked below?

She's not simply trying to be funny. That's a lame coverup excuse. She is ANGRY, and her comments completely bigoted. I'm stunned that you actually support her.

"Slannder." Tee hee.

The great thing about that website is all the times when the author says things like "Now, on the basic facts here, Coulter is correct, but..." and then tries to show how she's misinterpreting them or what. Most of what I just read was all opinion on the part of the 'debunker.' I didn't see a single factual error. Just disagreements on what the things she found in her research mean, which is irrelevant to whether or not they are facts.

Maverick

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "

......wow.....I need to frame this quote and hang it on my wall. Better yet, we should put this quote in a fucking time capsule so that every generation to come can have this quote as a shining example of what not to strive for in government.

God damn....

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

she at least concedes that liberals are smarter than toasters.

pnjtony

ann%20coulter%20scary.jpg

Spawn Of Satan

Razoric

Banned
"Democrats are constantly suing and slandering police as violent, fascist racists -- with the exception of Boston's police, who'll be lauded as national heroes right up until the Democrats pack up and leave town on Friday, whereupon they'll revert to their natural state of being fascist, racist pigs."

Hahah so true.

levious said:
she at least concedes that liberals are smarter than toasters.
I think a comma belongs before the "or", if I'm reading that correctly. Which would mean she's saying that only conservatives have an IQ above a toaster.

Kobun Heat said:

This is true. It's just that sometimes, she too vicious.

I will say though, that the vast majority of people who hate her, and call her an evil cunt, are those that are on the opposite side of her political affiliation. Many of them are also the same people who think F911 revealed "the real truth" :rolleyes:

FightyF

Banned
I will say though, that the vast majority of people who hate her, and call her an evil cunt, are those that are on the opposite side of her political affiliation.

I'm a conservative, but I know she's evil.

The Bible talks about people like her. Note that I haven't said anything bad about her, because I know that she will get what she deserves on Judgement Day. She's gonna be sauted in Hell for a couple of billion yea-scratch that, I mean eternity. And y'know what? She deserves it!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kobun Heat said:
No she is not. Having thousands of footnotes is NOT the same thing as being a good researcher, especially when most of those footnotes don't add up, are taken out of context, or just pulled out of her ass.

Fight for Freeform said:
I'm a conservative, but I know she's evil.

The Bible talks about people like her. Note that I haven't said anything bad about her, because I know that she will get what she deserves on Judgement Day. She's gonna be sauted in Hell for a couple of billion yea-scratch that, I mean eternity. And y'know what? She deserves it!

I wouldn't go that far. I will say that she lacks love though, which makes any other virtues she may possess worthless according to the Bible. She's in a though position though, one where she points out a lot of crap, but instead of just pointing things out, she's become hateful of her enemies (in all fairness though, who hasn't). I can deal with a few jokes now and then, and even find her funnny sometimes, but there are times when reading her columns that I cringe.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh, and don't even think about pulling the "what about Moore" card on my last post... you obviously haven't read my posts on the matter if you're thinking of doing so. :p

Mumbles

Kobun Heat said:

No, actually, most of her research consists of basic searches through news archives - and once she gets the results, she spins them out of control and then laces them with the typical tired insults and lies. Eg. when she accused Katie Couric of calling Ronald Reagan an idiot, when in reality Couric was quoting a person she was interviewing - an interview that earned her a thank you from Nancy Reagan, BTW.

Triumph

Banned
MIMIC said:
That no-good bitch. I'm all for literally setting her on fire.
Maybe we could convince her that if she was crucified, she'd be a martyr for Conservatives everywhere? It's worth a shot.

nitewulf

heh, doing a google image search revealed an "ann coulter" love doll. some of you may buy it and do "things" to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom