• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why won't Bittorrent files finish up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It seems like every few times I download something with bittorrent, it ends up stalling on the last piece. It will download it, say its finish, then toss it out and start downloading it again. I have no idea what to do about this. Sometimes it's alright and I can simply stop the download, but I have one going right now that simply won't work unless I get the last megabyte. And every time it downloads it, says its finished, then starts over on the last piece.

Anyone know what to do?

SKluck

Banned
No, but sometimes azureus would actually download about 3x the file size. Say it's a gig, it downloaded 3 gigs. But I had no extra harddrive space missing, yet it said it was downloading at like 300kb/s or some insane amount. Weird.

I've had problems at times connecting to people who only had the exact same pieces as I did so noone could share anything new... while seemingly none of us were connected to a seed. But what you have seems a bit different. I haven't encountered it, but I have a theory.

If it keeps trying to download one part over and over, perhaps you're just receiving a bad part. It downloads it, checks it against the hash information, and discards it. So perhaps you just have the bad luck to be connecting to people with bad pieces. Or somehow your .torrent file has a problem and just thinks it's getting a bad piece.

However, if it happens fairly often it probably is something wacky with the combination of your program of choice and your computer, in which case I dunno... try another program?

Vormund

I use BitComet or ABC.

Latest version of BitComet likes to fuck up my connection though, I have restart AND reset my DSL modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom