• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyuru

I just ended up on that site from another thread and started browsing around. Anyway you can edit pages instantly, since the whole concept is for people to submit articles and so on.

Well I just deleted a chunk of something off the front page. I'm one of those kids that needs to touch the stovetop after being told not to because it'll burn :p

But I was just wondering...that edit only applies to me right (cookies or something). I mean surely you can't run a site allowing anyone to just edit it like that. It'd be down by now for sure!

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
Um, what the hell just happened to Wikipedia?? What did you do???!! You Bastard!!!!!

I'm just fuckin' with ya:p

miyuru

Eh someone will do it for me.

I just find it weird that it's in the shape it's in.

Like, how can you maintain something like that on the internet?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Becase on the Internet,
Picture%20038.jpg

Most vandalism gets fixed by someone or other within five minutes.

miyuru

Must be an awesome userbase then. But there must be so many articles on the site, I'm just incredulous when I think that they're all fixed so fast. Not to say I don't believe, because the proof's in front of my eyes.

Burger

miyuru said:
Must be an awesome userbase then. But there must be so many articles on the site, I'm just incredulous when I think that they're all fixed so fast. Not to say I don't believe, because the proof's in front of my eyes.

Have you ever had an avatar that wasn't your face ?

GG-Duo

edits are probably shown on a list somewhere. and there's probably some sort of syntax/spelling/grammar/censor check running all the time.

miyuru

Burger said:
Have you ever had an avatar that wasn't your face ?

Well, this is only my second avatar.

But I like having them of me, it's different from everyone else at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom