• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Ferrell to play Sherlock Holmes, John C. Reilly as Watson in new film

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

This is perfect for my film studies course. Since it's an English high school course, I have to keep it very tied to literature, so I do a study of the different Sherlock Holmes adaptations out there, since there are so many. I could see kids being into this one.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS...GUYS....

What if...

What if this is not a comedy, but they legit play it like a serious murder movie

It should be legit for like the first hour and then all fall apart slowly in the last hour and the last 15 minutes can be batshit insane and have the entire audience dying.

Please be as funny as Talladega Nights and Stepbrothers.
Please be as funny as Talladega Nights and Stepbrothers.
I love those movies so much.

It will probably better then A Game of Shadows at least.

Oh god. I tried watching that recently and literally everything about it felt phoned in. I swear they showed up because they were contractually obligated or something. Rachel McAdams wasn't even trying with the little screen time she did have. I had to turn it off.

Hopefully this will find the right balance of comedy and classic Holmes. Preferably a period piece.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is so weird. And so perfect. Those two play off of each other so well, in all of their goofy glory. I actually want to watch this.

tumblr_mvq5v2ozXh1sqhsqco1_500.gif

So is Sony's entire slate going forwards "what can we remake/reboot/readapt with a comedic cast?" I feel like if they cast Homecoming it would have been Michael Cera as Peter Parker and Seth Rogan as Green Goblin, lol

sans_pants

avec_pénis
This by the guy who wrote and directed Get Hard? was that any good? looked pretty shit from the trailers. Whatever though I hope this is good I love Step Brothers and Talladega.

Ferrell alwAys brings his a game. Kevin hart really brought that one down

Media

Meh. Big fan of anything Holmes, not of that type of humor. Might be the first time I pass on a Holmes adaptation.

guek

Banned
As a big fan of Doyle's novels, notsureifwant

They're a great pair but I might be too attached to the source material for their irreverence

I don't like will Ferrell movies but his collabs with John C Reilly have been hilarious

Ferrell certainly has some stinkers, but he also has been involved with a few of the best comedies of the last 15 years. All AMAZING:

Old School
Anchorman (all-time classic)
Talladega Nights
Elf (mainstream, but often hilarious)
Step Brothers (all-time classic)
The Other Guys (horrifically under-appreciated)

Give him some love.

Mechazawa

Ferrell certainly has some stinkers, but he also has been involved with a few of the best comedies of the last 15 years. All AMAZING:

Old School
Anchorman (all-time classic)
Talladega Nights
Elf (mainstream, but often hilarious)
Step Brothers (all-time classic)
The Other Guys (horrifically under-appreciated)

Give him some love.

4 out of 6 of those movies are Adam McKay flicks.

If he's not involved, people should probably have every reason to expect a dud here.

Vorheez

Etan Cohen and Will Ferrell again?

Hooray, another horrific shit-show of a movie!

And its PG-13 too which means 100% more poop and pee jokes! Hoo-boy I can't wait to barely crack a smile at one of the two funny gags this movie will have for its 2 hour run time!
God you sound miserable

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Um, is this old?

I swear I recall hearing about Will Ferrell being Sherlock years and years ago around the same time the RDJ film was announced. Though rather than Reilly I think it was Sacha Baron Cohen as the Watson.

EDIT: Reading full article I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom