• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Ferrell to play Sherlock Holmes, John C. Reilly as Watson in new film

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP_Socks

Banned
I'm so used to Cumberpatch being Sherlock these days...

Are they going to make it into a comedy as well? I usually really enjoy Will Farrel movies but smh at what this would be.

Will and John are the best when it comes to co starring with each other, just hope the writings there to truly let their dynamics shine.

This movie will make a killing, since John C Reilly is one of the most profitable movie stars ALIVE.

Kid you not, look it up. His movies make crazy money.

iuxion

I really don't get the RDJ Sherlock movies.

I like RDJ.

I like Jude Law.

I like Guy Ritchie.

I've tried, but I just can't like those movies. :(

Jag

Ferrell certainly has some stinkers, but he also has been involved with a few of the best comedies of the last 15 years. All AMAZING:

Old School
Anchorman (all-time classic)
Talladega Nights
Elf (mainstream, but often hilarious)
Step Brothers (all-time classic)
The Other Guys (horrifically under-appreciated)

Give him some love.

The Other Guys is so under appreciated. While Anchorman and Step Brothers are at the top of the list, Ferrel is just fantastic in ToG.

Also, if you haven't seen Walk Hard, it is Reilly at his best.

Fat4all

Banned
VCwGbwo.gif

riotous

Banned
I don't see why a Holmes spoof needs to be rated R to be good. There's not a ton of difference between modern PG-13 comedies and rated R ones. Step Brothers is R, Talladega Nights is PG-13.

Not even sure why Step Brothers is rated R.

riotous

Banned
Step Brothers is rated R according to IMDB. Must say fuck too many times or something. Don't see that being an issue for a Sherlock Holmes spoof.

Otnopolit

And Talladega Nights. And Anchorman and Anchorman 2 IIRC.

Step Brothers features a ball sack, it most definitely is a hard R and amazing because of it.

It's the fuckin' Catalina Wine Mixer!

Excited for this. Especially with Laurie and Ralph.

Fucking Catalina Wine Mixer!!

I feel like this was announced or rumored a long looooong time ago. Like before or around the same time the RDJ Holmes movie was first happening. Totally forgot about it until now but I'm ecstatic they're gonna do it with GOAT comedy bros Ferrell and Reilly.

Here's hoping they follow the trend of late 90's early 00's movies and have a PG-13 version for theaters to maximize audiences and profits and then an "Unrated" version on the home release. This would undoubtedly be PERFECT if it was McKay and R but I still have hopes for it as is.

SRG01

It'd be far better if they played it totally straight.

Will Ferrell was amazing in Stranger Than Fiction, so he can definitely play it straight with the right Sherlock Holmes script.

However, it'll be much better as a comedy since he's working with John C. Reilly.

Wow. This is gonna be the best Holmes adaptation in recent memory. Sherlock went to shit after its second series.

Fiennes would be an excellent Moriarty

Haha, if Hugh Laurie plays Lestrade... :D His Blackadder stuff is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom