• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William & Kate Royal Wedding |OT| 2000 Guests, 8000 Media, Est.2Billion Watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canova

Banned
elseanio said:
Some great photos up on The Big Picture:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/04/the_royal_wedding.html

bp23.jpg

dayum!! whose ass is that?

kitch9

Banned
Subliminal said:
Are there still royalists circle jerking in this thread then?

one day you will all realise.

Most are not Royalists, but normal UK citizens wanting a reason to be proud of their country, its heritage and to be able to wave their flags in peace for once.

If you've got an issue with that tough shit. Maybe this thread is not for you.

Chinner

Banned
jason10mm said:
Baldness is typically passed down by the mother, so the fact they are both balding is no indication of paternal heritage.
i dont think that's actually true. maybe bald-gaf can comment????

Chinner said:
i dont think that's actually true. maybe bald-gaf can comment????

Male-pattern baldness is a auto-chromosomal recessive trait. It can only reside on the X chromosome, the one given to the male offspring by the mother. The Y chromosome contains no genetic information one way or the other about male-pattern baldness. Therefore in order to have this trait, you must inherit it from your mother.

In the case of the great houses of Europe, a large number of different recessive traits have been passed down and amplified over the years due to excessive inbreeding amongst the great houses. The most egregious example of this was Charles II of Spain. Another notable example was the propagation of hemophilia throughout European royalty.

Chinner

Banned
Kurtofan said:
My grandfather and father have a balding spot so I hope it's true cause seriously I don't want to be bald noooo.
part of my dads side go bald (dunno about the other half) and my mums side keep their hair. so same if not maybe we can become bald buddies??

mclaren777

I'm guessing it has more to do with British tradition because most modern wedding bands are part of a set with a matching engagement ring.

I just assumed her ring would look more like this.

ThNaa.jpg

elseanio

AceBandage said:
Wedding rings are usually plain gold bands.
It's the engagement ring that is flashy.

Yeah, but even that was his mothers!

Her hand (right, with the engagement ring) looks really freaky in this picture

bp18.jpg

mclaren777 said:
I'm guessing it has more to do with British tradition because most modern wedding bands are part of a set with a matching engagement ring.

http://i.imgur.com/ThNaa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Maybe. She will wear her wedding ring first, with her engagement ring second on the same finger.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
mclaren777 said:

It is tradition. The rings for a royal wedding are made from a nugget of Welsh gold.

mclaren777

Saiyar said:
It is tradition. The rings for a royal wedding are made from a nugget of Welsh gold.
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew there had to be a good reason for why she's wearing such a plebeian ring.

Prine

Banned
Subliminal said:
Are there still royalists circle jerking in this thread then?

one day you will all realise.

Oh? We'll all become enlightened like you? Do tell.

Harry for me was ballin. His attire was epic.

Chinner

Banned
im actually against the royals too, but im not shitting on the thread lol. also i think i prefer kates sister (pippin?). i will make her my waifu.

X26

Banned
Chinner said:
im actually against the royals too, but im not shitting on the thread lol. also i think i prefer kates sister (pippin?). i will make her my waifu.

yea she's hotter for sure

i dunno man, kate's plenty cute too but pippas looking pretty damn good in the wedding pics as well. i also thought harry looked cooler out of the two brothers.

awesome pictures from boston.com too!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AceBandage said:
So, what exactly is the hate for the Royals?
I mean, do they even have any power anymore?

I think it is the anachronism and the fact that they don't have any power (and therefore little to no meaningful relevance beyond the spectacle).

Bleepey

regarding Harry's father, the really weird thing is Princess Diana's fatherlooks so much like James Hewiit.
John Spencer
100886_002.jpg

james hewitt
james-hewitt.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
AceBandage said:
So, what exactly is the hate for the Royals?
I mean, do they even have any power anymore?
Nope.

Just people being dicks and trying to stop people having a good time. Ignore them.

Yaboosh said:
I think it is the anachronism and the fact that they don't have any power (and therefore little to no meaningful relevance beyond the spectacle).

But that "spectacle" is awesome PR for the country.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
William really has a terrible smile.

Edit: I wasn't really trying to make a value judgement with my use of the word "spectacle".

StuBurns

Banned
UnblessedSoul said:
Theres a Pippa Middleton Ass Appreciation Society group on facebook I of course joined its at 47k atm
47k and one now.

EDIT: Wow.

221667_183147455066148_183120471735513_403936_2510011_n.jpg

Corny chat up line:
"I'm sorry, you're going to have to get out of the cab, there's a no smoking sign, and you clearly are"

CHEEZMO™ said:
Nope.

Just people being dicks and trying to stop people having a good time. Ignore them.

Or just people don't want to have their hard earned money pumped into an unelected head of state.

and on the subject of power. The royal prerogative has been passsed completely unchecked to the government, there is no real judiciary like there should be, except from the HoL which can be overruled by the prerogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom