• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

William Shatner Must Hate Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Heh - when Henry Rollins came up here for his spoken word tour, he spent about 40 minutes going on about Shatner and the recording sessions during the show. Some of the funniest shit you'll ever hear. :D

shoplifter

"Live life like you're gonna die...cause you are."

Shatner fucking owns. He actually made a shout out to Joey Ramone...:lol

Substance

Oh hell yes! Shatner's back. I've been spinning the 'Spaced Out' compilation for months.

edit: Haha, he's covered Pulp!

Sweet action, I love this stuff.

My brother does a killer version of Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? in the style of William Shatner.

Zach Slone said:
Do you really-want to hurt---ME!
Do you really-want to MAKE me CRY?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
William Shatner is incredible.

Did anyone see him on the infomercial for The Ben Stiller Show DVD set a little while back? It was awesome.

Triumph

Banned
Actually, after serious thought, I have decided that THIS is the worst cd of all time. It is a collection of 60 - 90 second spoken word jazz commercials for a paint company. There are over 30 tracks on the cd, but the company only chose to air about 12 of them on the radio because they are that hideos. But don't take my word for it, please find, purchase, listen to and then ritualistically destroy this cd in whichever manner best appeals to you.

B000001PAI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wow, that's a strange group of singers who got together for his album...

Here's the tracklisting:

1. Common People (with Joe Jackson)
2. It Hasn't Happened Yet
3. You'll Have Time
4. That's Me Trying (with Ben Folds and Aimee Mann)
5. What Have You Done
6. Together (with Lemon Jelly)
7. Familiar Love
8. Ideal Woman
9. Has Been
10.I Can't Get Behind That (with Henry Rollins)
11.Real (with Brad Paisley)

I could almost get into "Common People", with Shatner's usual sarcastic drawl working well with the tone of the song. Then Joe Jackson sang at the end and ruined it.

And "That's Me Trying... Shatner's trying to do a serious song about trying to reach out to his daughters, but all I can hear is sarcasm in his voice. The song is okay when Ben Folds and Aimee Mann come in, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom