• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]Embracer Group is showcasing the dangers of irresponsible consolidation, which stands in stark contrast to Xbox.

Gudji

Milk Eww GIF by Way Nation

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Hudo

The difference is that Microsoft actually have the money to buy shit. Embracer didn't have the money and proceeded to buy shit based on a non-formal promise for a deal (which never came through). How none of the managers have faced consequences for betting the company on some vocal promise by some Arab dude is beyond me.

And now I'll never get a new Deus Ex.

baphomet

Destroying the industry? How's that? In Microsoft case they are giving these Studios financial stability and letting them create without the burden of paying the bills.

Also from Phil Spencer, We have a service that is financially viable, meaning it makes money, in Game Pass. We’ve put a lot of money into the market, over a billion dollars a year supporting third-party games coming into Game Pass

Over 1 Billion to funding third-party games is not how you destroy an industry 🤣 Quite the opposite 🙄

Is that so?

GHound

Can't believe Windows Central sold an entire shipment of ammo that Microsoft used to execute these game studios directly to Microsoft after asking what Microsoft needed so much for and Microsoft answered "I've got some studios to murder."
Fucking RIP.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Destroying the industry? How's that? In Microsoft case they are giving these Studios financial stability and letting them create without the burden of paying the bills.

Also from Phil Spencer, We have a service that is financially viable, meaning it makes money, in Game Pass. We’ve put a lot of money into the market, over a billion dollars a year supporting third-party games coming into Game Pass

Over 1 Billion to funding third-party games is not how you destroy an industry 🤣 Quite the opposite 🙄
Milk Eww GIF by Hope Nation

Barakov

Whoopsies Oops GIF

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I'm not saying that Lifetime Achievement Award D.I.C.E gave Phil is the most hilarious award given to someone since Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize less than a year into his presidency while the US was already a decade deep into bombing and droning the fuck out of Yemen and Afghanistan......

But I'm also not not saying that..............

Top Bottom