• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Within the first four weeks after launch, over 14.5M fans have played FC 24 on console and PC, including double-digit growth in new players

FIFA 23 was particularly successful last year due to the World Cup, so that was an interesting context for FC 24 to launch in. But Canfield said that the transition to EA Sports FC was a "huge achievement for EA," with the firm's "global football business" exceeding its expectations significantly during Q2.

"Net bookings [for the global football business] grew 41% year-over-year, driven by continued momentum of FIFA 23, including triple digit mobile net bookings growth, and strong demand for the release of EA Sports FC 24," he said.

"Within the first four weeks after worldwide launch, over 14.5 million fans have played FC 24 on console and premium PC, including double-digit growth in new players. FC Mobile has established new franchise records, with over two million people installing the game on the first day, over five million in the first three days, and over 11 million in the first ten days."

//DEVIL//

Fifa must be very pissed off about this . And they deserve it . Filthy management.

This PR is just basically EA giving the middle finger to Fifa and telling them you are nothing. I love it .

While we are at it. EA can fuck off with their microtransactions loot boxes. I hope goverments start banning them and give them a big fine for it.

Honestly this is like trying to cheer for 2 bawls of shit .

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Football is the greatest sport.
Couldn't agree more.

Kruza

I personally love watching both types of football -- global and American. But that post above still made me laugh out loud!

nordique

Although not a fan of EA, it doss feel good to see Fifa take one to the chin

They mentioned they will still see a fifa game next year lol. Looking to it. /s

You guys are really backward. Calling a sport that you hold the ball most of the time in your hand a football.

IQ level was very high when they decided to name it football..
Are you kidding, it's the biggest bargain in real estate since the Louisiana Purchase. It lives rent free in millions of minds every single day.

I just wish we had the foresight to call rugby "throw the ball forwardball" and cricket "rugby."

JimboJones

Although not a fan of EA, it doss feel good to see Fifa take one to the chin

They mentioned they will still see a fifa game next year lol. Looking to it. /s
Have the said who will be developing their version of FIFA? I have a feeling some good memes will be born.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So by the sounds of it, FC is doing better than the FIFA branded game? Wow.

And EA doesn't have to pay $250M per year to FIFA. I think their licensing deal was something stupid like $1 billion per 4 year years(?)

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
You guys are really backward. Calling a sport that you hold the ball most of the time in your hand a football.

IQ level was very high when they decided to name it football..

LOL at showing a guy wearing amour using his hands to catch an egg as a your best visual description of "Football"

I'm not American, nor do I watch American football but it's always a sure bet to trigger people.

So by the sounds of it, FC is doing better than the FIFA branded game? Wow.

And EA doesn't have to pay $250M per year to FIFA. I think their licensing deal was something stupid like $1 billion per 4 year years(?)

I don't know if that's right or not. But FIFA wanted $1 billion per year, and that was why EA said, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

MrA

Banned
So fifa was holding the game back, thats pretty funny
Ea winning does nothing foe me but egg on fifa's face is pretty good

Proof that FIFA way overestimated their own value, as everyone figured.
Interestingly enough this might put NBA, MMA, ATP, PGA, WRC, F1, movie stuff, any sort of license on the spot. I guess especially EA can now easily threaten pulling out with anyone whose demands is even in the slightest going up. The individual people inside and single teams seem way more important than some head company of that same thing. If a game is good, or at least what people want, some licenses are not necessary and basically just wasted money.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Side note: If anyone hasnt watch AFL, it's awesome. I was even watching some women's league aussie football. These chicks are insane.

Dont worry about the rules. Just watch the awesome action and all players being able to nail long kicks with good accuracy between the posts. The two outer posts are worth 1 pt. If you nail a kick in the middle it's worth 6.

TSN used to show this at 2 am in the morning in the 80s and 90s. If it was randomly on, I'd watch it. It's still on at obscure hours. I still recognize the team names. I always rooted for Hawthorn only because they showed that team back then all the time and their jerseys are like bumblebee colours.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Seriously impressive . I got it this year and I’ve had a blast. I mess with only taking on AI but do look up guides on how to outfit camera , formations, etc to get a chance against the harder AI.

Someday I’ll get confidence to commit to online but there’s so many control options I tend to get run over when I have tried in the past.

willothedog

Interestingly enough this might put NBA, MMA, ATP, PGA, WRC, F1, movie stuff, any sort of license on the spot. I guess especially EA can now easily threaten pulling out with anyone whose demands is even in the slightest going up. The individual people inside and single teams seem way more important than some head company of that same thing. If a game is good, or at least what people want, some licenses are not necessary and basically just wasted money.
They still have deals with all the other football related entities so they can use stadiums, club names and player names and likenesses.

clarky

Gold Member
What I find funny is that all the people I know who play this simply keep calling it FIFA.
It'll always be FIFA. i played it since the megadrive version.

Its like if you called COD something else it would still be COD. Too engrained in people's brains.

DaGwaphics

I would figure that the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL are probably safe since all the Teams and Players have unified representation there. That and unlicensed takes on these have never done all that much.

EA was able to license enough around FIFA that it didn't matter all that much. But, like you said these associations should at least give this some consideration before trying to strong-arm anyone.

Papa_Wisdom

As this thread is about two awful companies with debatable business practices and the selling of gambling mechanics to children, I just thought I’d stick a picture of Avril in here as a little break to the depressivness.
8KWfuhE.jpg

Right, back to business people

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As this thread is about two awful companies with debatable business practices and the selling of gambling mechanics to children, I just thought I’d stick a picture of Avril in here as a little break to the depressivness.
8KWfuhE.jpg

Right, back to business people
I had to google this and didn't know Avril Lavigne is all tattooed up with a boob job. She looks much better whored up than that waify look 20 years ago.

nordique

Have the said who will be developing their version of FIFA? I have a feeling some good memes will be born.

They haven’t announced a developer as far as I’m aware but look at these fighting words

‘I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the FIFA name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans. The FIFA name is the only global, original title. FIFA 23, FIFA 24, FIFA 25 and FIFA 26, and so on – the constant is the FIFA name and it will remain forever and remain THE BEST,’ said FIFA president Gianni Infantino

The quote on this site varies a bit

Infantino says FIFA will go head-to-head with EA Sports by launching rival video game (EA Sports refused cash demands to keep FIFA's name)"The new FIFA game - the FIFA 25, 26, 27 and so on - will always be the best egame for any girl or boy, we will have news on this very soon."

Top Bottom