• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long Launch Trailer Released

Luipadre

Tried the demo on ps5 and pc. PS5 version is awesome. Smooth and the new parry and healing feels much better. PC version is ass as expected

M1987

Can't wait to play it but it looks like a Sekiro clone,and that guy on the horse looks copied off Elden Ring

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Holy shit the PC version is absolute DOG SHIT. Max fps is 60, no dlss, nothing, frames drop to 50'40's on a fucking 4070ti lmao at 1440p. It stutters absolutely every second you move.
Sounds like Nioh 2's release all over again. That one did eventually got fixed, right?

M1987

Holy shit the PC version is absolute DOG SHIT. Max fps is 60, no dlss, nothing, frames drop to 50'40's on a fucking 4070ti lmao at 1440p. It stutters absolutely every second you move.
Really? wtf 😂 how can Atomic Heart run so good,but every other game released this gen runs like shit

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Sounds like Nioh 2's release all over again. That one did eventually got fixed, right?

Nioh 2 renders stuff 2 m in front of you but at least it has DLSS/120 fps, and I dont remember it having any stutters at launch. Im replaying it now and it runs 100x times better than this turd. As for how it looks, yeah Nioh 2 looks like ass but well Japanese games..what do you expect.
Really? wtf 😂 how can Atomic Heart run so good,but every other game released this gen runs like shit

Watch the framerate. Stutters are like slowdowns lmao. Great 2023 start for PC ports.

Last edited:

M1987

Nioh 2 renders stuff 2 m in front of you but at least it has DLSS/120 fps, and I dont remember it having any stutters at launch. Im replaying it now and it runs 100x times better than this turd. As for how it looks, yeah Nioh 2 looks like ass but well Japanese games..what do you expect.

Watch the framerate. Stutters are like slowdowns lmao. Great 2023 start for PC ports.

Hopefully the final release is better because that looks rough.I'm trying the demo today,but I doubt I'm going to be able to play at any decent settings on a 6800

Luipadre

Finished the demo. Even tho this is on game pass i might buy it on PS5. Game fucking rules. It looks great even in fps mode

splattered

Looks awesome, loved Nioh (Haven't played Nioh 2 yet) I actually want to preorder this but my backlog is already insane.

Pejo

wait what the fuck, this comes out in like 2 weeks???

Holy shit, 2023 slow down already.

Game looks fantastic. I'm still waiting for SoP to land on Steam, but Nioh 2 was my GotY when it came out, so I'm beyond hyped for this. It looks great.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Could play it via GP, but objectively given that in TN games since Nioh the DLC is absolutely essential, it seems kinda counter-intuitive to spend money on top of a game I'd be basically renting.

BbMajor7th

Loved Nioh 2, but absolutely cannot get my head around what they're attempting with this. Parry and dodge on the same button ranks among the more baffling decisions I've seen in game development for a while.

Last edited:

NT80

Hope the PC version is going to improve a lot by release because this like Nioh looks almost like a PS3 game. This should be running at 4K 120fps without DLSS and everything set on max on a decent spec PC.

I mean, does this game have more depth than Sekiro? It definitely has “more” stuff in it, yeah. Doesn’t automatically make it better though. Having more systems and abilities for the sake of it doesn’t necessarily translate to better game design. Bosses are very easy comparatively. And combat feels less satisfying. I still enjoyed the demo though.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m having some weird input lag on PS5. Camera can get sluggish and then my character will experience forced inputs. I fell off the cliff because of it as I was approaching an item.

For whatever reason it feels like the parry is being overly pushed in this second demo. For whatever reason I only focused on parrying on the first demo’s boss. Which is essentially the first mission boss of this demo.

Did they say what level you could get your character to and bring over with this demo?

On one hand it doesn’t grab me like Blood Souls Borne, but it does have my NiOh 2 attention. Team Ninja is doing their own formula. It’s addicting gameplay with a village setting. I’d say my only complaint is that they’ve kept going with this village mountain region. It’s cool, but I wish there were castles or something more dark fantasy.

RafterXL

Could play it via GP, but objectively given that in TN games since Nioh the DLC is absolutely essential, it seems kinda counter-intuitive to spend money on top of a game I'd be basically renting.
The DLC won't be there at launch, just play it on Gamepass until then and buy it during the inevitable sale when the DLC releases.

Thief1987

Compared to what? It certainly has the most combat depth of any souls game.

This video does a good job of explaining it.

Or you can play with your feets instead of hands, yeah, such variety. All the things he is saying is just a stupid way to complicate one-note rhythm game which sekiro is. Also using fromsoftware fanboy channel as a some kind of evidence? Please.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anyone have a chance to test out all the magic? Anything in particular OP? I’m liking the faster weapons more than the spears/clubs. What’s strange is I’m not sure how to place points. Strength and HP is all I’m putting points in.

Kusarigama

Most baffling thing is that they still have not finalized the steelbook art!

Tried the demo, very much liked it. I hate doing the ki pulse in Nioh games. So that thing being removed plus a generous window to deflect attacks is really nice for a talentless player like me.

sainraja

I played the demo, and the combat appears to be enjoyable. The movement seems a little loose; I'm not sure how to describe it, but you can get used to that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Yikes . I was hyped it’s on gamepass for pc, but I guess wait for patches or pass altogether now until a ps5 sale. Shame.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
if the demo is any indication its safe to say that its meant for the largest audience possible, game is bordering on the easy side
Boss battles can be over in a minute if you time your spirit summon right. Learning to parry is all you need to do. Chipping damage away with your weapon is useful yea, but it’s not as impactful as parrying that super move by the boss. When I got killed it was 80% of the time failing to parry.

I finished the 2nd part twice. I’ve got a level 18 character I’ll transfer over. I kinda liked the first demo more, but I’ve had fun with this demo. I don’t know how to explain it. It feels a bit different.

Last edited:

Crownttano

Boss battles can be over in a minute if you time your spirit summon right. Learning to parry is all you need to do. Chipping damage away with your weapon is useful yea, but it’s not as impactful as parrying that super move by the boss. When I got killed it was 80% of the time failing to parry.

I finished the 2nd part twice. I’ve got a level 18 character I’ll transfer over. I kinda liked the first demo more, but I’ve had fun with this demo. I don’t know how to explain it. It feels a bit different.
Some Life Wither makes it quick too

BbMajor7th

Folks must be playing a different game to me. This shit makes Sekiro look like a cake walk. Parrying is fuckin' abysmal: in Sekiro when you miss a parry you still get a block. In this you get to eat shit and maybe lose some morale. All risk for miserable rewards - big L from TN.

Buggy Loop

Angry Ron Swanson GIF

Goddamnit, I’m tired of this shit

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Some Life Wither makes it quick too

Which points did you focus on? Are you focusing on one tree, boosting the skill, and going that route? It feels like you should only focus on a set of elements at a time. I’m so use to NiOh where if you’re focusing on a Dex weapon you hit your caps first. Sounds like level 20 is the max for this demo.

That’s a nice kill you got on that boss.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Folks must be playing a different game to me. This shit makes Sekiro look like a cake walk. Parrying is fuckin' abysmal: in Sekiro when you miss a parry you still get a block. In this you get to eat shit and maybe lose some morale. All risk for miserable rewards - big L from TN.
Yeah same. Im all about Team Ninja games and for some reason I cannot truly grasp the feel of this game and the battle system.

Im not giving up until I do. But I'm getting worked on the 1st boss in his 2nd form.

The movement in this game feels very stiff. I feel like I'm missing something. The jump for example doesn't seem to really even do anything, and same with the double jump.

For some reason I don't really grasp the UI and what it represents. Just explained in a strange way. Genuine Qi Morale spirit attack number fatigue? I dont know when my block is going to break. Gotta do some research apparently.

Last edited:
PS5: Game runs great, but it's absolute dogshit visually. I find myself consistently getting lost/turned around due to everything just being the same browns.

HDR helps, but the game looks terrible.

I loved Nioh2 but feel this has 0 steps forward unfortunately. Demo did not sell it on me.

I just spent two hours playing it.

I am desperate to like it. The game is so up my street. But yes, I agree. It’s bad.

Top Bottom