• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman lost in wilderness; managed to pit a wolf against a bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an incredible story but I believe it. Old, starving, desperate predators who have already invested a ton of energy into whatever prey they stumble across can't really afford to abandon the pursuit because they'd just die anyway.

need to see receipts

Yeah. A story is exactly what this is but then again how would you make that tale up?

Her comment about not knowing which animal attacked who first. Judging by the caution displayed by the wolf all of the hours following. I'm going to take a stab at it and say theres a 98% chance the bear initiated combat.

I'd skin a baby bear if it meant saving my own skin

If you got your hands on a baby bear you would probably be dead soon after.

Why's her face so dirty? Camouflage? Australian sunscreen?

joanne-barnaby-and-tammy-cauldron.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Smells like bullshit to me. Lady got lost in the woods, made up a story to make it sound more exciting.

12 hours to make up a fantastical story after getting lost in the woods. You'd have the time to come up with some crazy shit.

Zynx

Clicked the link to see if there was a video or pictures of the story...can't find any.

Sounds fishy.

Smells like bullshit to me. Lady got lost in the woods, made up a story to make it sound more exciting.

Totally this, The whole thing sounds like a poorly written fairy tale,

"A skinny, tall wolf, stalking her and her dog for 12 hours while she is picking mushrooms in a bucket.."

OOokay there big, lying Ridinghood.

If I got lost in the woods for 12 hours with my pet dog, and all I had to eat and drink was a can of beer and some mushrooms, and then finally the cops found my sorry ass...Out of embarrassment and guilt... You'd bet your ass I'd come up with a fantastical story consisting of being chased by a wolf and a bear and cubs and shit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Or we'd be reading a story about how a bear cub and its mum were found snacking on a woman who got too close.

Story sounds like layered bullshit. No sane person would risk angering an adult bear over one old, lone wolf. And one old, lone wolf wouldn't suddenly say "1v1 me bro" to an adult bear.

Or maybe she picked the wrong mushrooms and tripped the fuck out for 12 hours.

Wolves are smart animals. Common sense or not, I just find it hard to believe that a wolf would behave like this. It continued to follow her after she heard a bear near her? The wolf didn't hear the bear or what?

Cool meme

Well how do we know if the wolf heard the bear or not, as she said she saw the cub and not the mother. I dont think the wolf was considering a bear at the moment that its starving and it found food that it sensed was scared and not that agile in comparison.

Maybe fake maybe real but these ideas can go to so many of those cop threads where we only see a basic story of what happened without being able to see what actually happneed leading up to the major event, but thos threads are full of people thinking one of the people were completely wrong an we always have no idea

You cant even what? Understand what a person does to survive?

Edit: if this is sarcasm then I apologise, I honestly cant tell anymore on the internet

dumbass wouldn't be in that situation if she hadn't gone to an area that recently went through a forest fire to pick shrooms.

I don't think the hunting habits of wolves fall under common sense.

well since wolves have been studied for a while, they would since we know lots about it.
not buying the stalking for 12 hours bit.

Hoodbury

I don't get what she means when she says that one can of beer saved her life? Did she drink the beer and then fill the can up with lake water? That doesn't sound safe to drink.

I don't get what she means when she says that one can of beer saved her life? Did she drink the beer and then fill the can up with lake water? That doesn't sound safe to drink.

Putting the lake water in a beer bottle makes it bottled water, which is safe to drink.

#LifeHAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom