• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

So this happened last night.

CoPG0adVYAAaRVk.jpg:large

Thanks Blizz.

Sorry, saw this in the last thread...

Burning Crusade into WotLK leveling feels rough. By next expansion Blizzard probably needs to rethink the leveling path, whether that's with the scaling technology or some other solution.

I hope Legion's flex leveling turns out to be widely liked and gets applied to the rest of the game when the next xpac comes out. Right now all of TBC can fly before you're mid-way done questing in Hellfire Peninsula if you make frequent use of the Dungeon Finder. It would be nice to choose where you want to start in the game once you're past whatever the racial starting zone is and not feel pressured to skip around from zone to zone just to continue to level at a decent pace. Roll a Belf or Spacegoat right into Hellfire Peninsula, or roll a Panda from the wandering Isle straight into Pandaria. It would be nice to be able to bypass content you're kind of tired of and play questing content--Cata and MoP mostly I'd imagine--that doesn't get as much face time.

Fjordson

Ah, comfy new thread. Perfect timing for Legion.

I'm hyped. As always with a new expansion. Though my excitement for Legion feels more tangible than it did for WoD. I really like most of the class changes they made. Hopefully the new content is good as wel.

So this happened last night.

CoPG0adVYAAaRVk.jpg:large

Thanks Blizz.
Grats man!!

I'm posting in a Legiondary thread.

Gonna finish my Mage up to 100 this week , I think. Might save my 100 boost to join friends or GAF people on one server or another.

Sorry, saw this in the last thread...

I hope Legion's flex leveling turns out to be widely liked and gets applied to the rest of the game when the next xpac comes out. Right now all of TBC can fly before you're mid-way done questing in Hellfire Peninsula if you make frequent use of the Dungeon Finder. It would be nice to choose where you want to start in the game once you're past whatever the racial starting zone is and not feel pressured to skip around from zone to zone just to continue to level at a decent pace. Roll a Belf or Spacegoat right into Hellfire Peninsula, or roll a Panda from the wandering Isle straight into Pandaria. It would be nice to be able to bypass content you're kind of tired of and play questing content--Cata and MoP mostly I'd imagine--that doesn't get as much face time.

I dunno, I feel like backporting scaling tech and making sure it all works would be a Cataclysm-level task or greater. Would it really be worth a raid tier (or even more) worth of effort when they have 100 boosts in? Better use of time would be making current content send you to old places that are slightly revamped, like many of the artifact quests do.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I'd have to agree. Trolls are cool but Undead rogues are cooler.

j-wood

Is the stock interface pretty viable now or do you pretty much have to use a skin?

I find the skins stupid confusing with their 10,0000 options

Fjordson

Is the stock interface pretty viable now or do you pretty much have to use a skin?

I find the skins stupid confusing with their 10,0000 options
The default UI is plenty viable imo, especially like the action bars and whatnot.

I did recently start using Z-Perl for unit frames, mainly just because I like how it looks, but functionally I don't think you need anything. Like my action bars are completely vanilla.

Jag

sorry last thread someone asked me how to get lunkers fast

on the southern edge of shadowmoon theres a break between that zone and spires, fish along that edge for sea scorpion pools

fastest way by far, TONS of pools

That was me. Thanks!

I dunno, I feel like backporting scaling tech and making sure it all works would be a Cataclysm-level task or greater. Would it really be worth a raid tier (or even more) worth of effort when they have 100 boosts in? Better use of time would be making current content send you to old places that are slightly revamped, like many of the artifact quests do.

They're going to have to do something to address how leveling functions, it's only going to get weirder if there's another change to experience gain and make leveling even faster. I think at one point it was mentioned they were considering making changing the level gating on the older expansions so you could choose TBC or WotLK and then Cata or MoP rather than playing through parts of them sequentially.

My selfish reason for wanting Legion flex leveling game-wide is so I can skip vanilla content completely.

Ashbringer will make it better!

Don't really see how looking at the artifact skill tree. Based off of what's on live it looks like you need Ashes to Ashes (Wake of Ashes will generate 5 HP) just so you're not sitting there constantly spinning your wheels auto-attacking and mashing Crusader Strike waiting for shit to come off of CD or have enough HP for a spender.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Don't really see how looking at the artifact skill tree. Based off of what's on live it looks like you need Ashes to Ashes (Wake of Ashes will generate 5 HP) just so you're not sitting there constantly spinning your wheels auto-attacking and mashing Crusader Strike waiting for shit to come off of CD or have enough HP for a spender.

Looks > Use =)

M.D

Sold a ironfeather breastplate pattern I bought for less than a 100 gold for 10k, wonder if someone would have bought for more now that it sold so fast.. it seems to go for 30k on some EU servers

HowZatOZ

Banned
Do we have any prot pala players here? If so I'd like to hear your opinion on current 7.0 tankadin.

How is end game?

Here's my take so far. First of I never did much in Dearborn, played to 95 and quit because it was mind numbing and didn't really see much coming out of the game's timeline that would interest me. However, so far coming back to the pre-patch my interest in WoW has been renewed and I'm actually having a lot of fun, something I've been missing since WotLK.

Straight up ret is shit. My opinion but it plays like crap and if it's going to get better only because of an artifact than that to me is stupid. No class should be reliant on an item just to feel fun, it'd be like saying game X gets fun 30 hours into it. Three buttons for rotation if you don't pick up consecrate in the talents, which again shouldn't be an excuse for its current shitty playstyle. Only two of the three buttons actually generate holy power and when you do have enough holy power generated you use one of the holy power abilities and then you are back to spamming three buttons when they are off cooldown.

Protection on the other hand is a completely different story. More abilities, more umph and more general fun to the class. I've always been a tank or healer fan in WoW and the changes to prot feel quite substantial. There's more focus on protecting yourself from danger but also containing that danger from your party. Definitely a great change and I can see myself taking up the tank role in Legion if I don't fall in love with Druid or Monk.

Havent tried holy yet but I've heard reasonable things. But yeah, that's my take on the changes to paladin after jumping back in.

Tecnniqe

Banned
By the way don't run this ever. It allows players to execute custom scripts without you knowing for your character.
Code:
/run RemoveExtraSpaces=RunScript
Here's my take so far. First of I never did much in Dearborn, played to 95 and quit because it was mind numbing and didn't really see much coming out of the game's timeline that would interest me. However, so far coming back to the pre-patch my interest in WoW has been renewed and I'm actually having a lot of fun, something I've been missing since WotLK.

Straight up ret is shit. My opinion but it plays like crap and if it's going to get better only because of an artifact than that to me is stupid. No class should be reliant on an item just to feel fun, it'd be like saying game X gets fun 30 hours into it. Three buttons for rotation if you don't pick up consecrate in the talents, which again shouldn't be an excuse for its current shitty playstyle. Only two of the three buttons actually generate holy power and when you do have enough holy power generated you use one of the holy power abilities and then you are back to spamming three buttons when they are off cooldown.

Protection on the other hand is a completely different story. More abilities, more umph and more general fun to the class. I've always been a tank or healer fan in WoW and the changes to prot feel quite substantial. There's more focus on protecting yourself from danger but also containing that danger from your party. Definitely a great change and I can see myself taking up the tank role in Legion if I don't fall in love with Druid or Monk.

Havent tried holy yet but I've heard reasonable things. But yeah, that's my take on the changes to paladin after jumping back in.

Yeah. I might boost it up to 100 then. Gone from 77 to 82 doing TBC Timewalking dungeons which grant no exp at all it feels like, but its super fun.

What are you guys rolling with for talents? So far I got Blassed Hammers and everything on the right hand side.

Looks > Use =)

Flash animations and the artifact isn't going to carry a class for hundreds of hours of playtime when its core rotation is essentially 3 buttons. If you need the artifact, legendaries and trinkets to make Ret fun to play, there's a serious problem with their approach to designing the spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any video of Unholy's artifact shambler?

I don't know if anyone spent enough time in beta to get that far down the tree

Tecnniqe

Banned
Flash animations and the artifact isn't going to carry a class for hundreds of hours of playtime when its core rotation is essentially 3 buttons. If you need the artifact, legendaries and trinkets to make Ret fun to play, there's a serious problem with their approach to designing the spec.

Don't take it 100% serious :) I agree.

Ashodin

I already think it's fun, but everyone has their own cup of tea.

Tacitus_

For better or worse, everything is designed around the artefacts.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Which is fine for classes that have decent rotation. Ret however is another story where you have only three buttons to use, each of which is on a ridiculous cooldown so you are forced to auto attack on the downtime. That'd be fine if the class was designed around enhancing auto attacks but it isn't, and as such is just not fun. When I finally get to use a holy power ability it feels okay, but I know as soon as I do I'm going right back to spamming those three shitty abilities again.

All of this is again my opinion, but right now ret just feels like shit. If the artifact for the class spec is truly going to revolutionize the way they play then I'm going to call that terrible gameplay development. No class spec should be gimped until they get a specific feature.

MMaRsu

Banned
So I was out of the game for a few months and got kivked from my guild :/. And with all my stuff reset Im having a hard time adjusting.

I also only have 120 gold, as a lvl 73 monk :<. I wanted for a long time to have a dragon mount but I remember it being hard and tedious.

Now I need 4500! o_O for cold weather flying.

Yes this is my first lvl 73 lol

I need help whats the best and dafastest way to make a buck

Which is fine for classes that have decent rotation. Ret however is another story where you have only three buttons to use, each of which is on a ridiculous cooldown so you are forced to auto attack on the downtime. That'd be fine if the class was designed around enhancing auto attacks but it isn't, and as such is just not fun. When I finally get to use a holy power ability it feels okay, but I know as soon as I do I'm going right back to spamming those three shitty abilities again.

All of this is again my opinion, but right now ret just feels like shit. If the artifact for the class spec I truly going to revolutionize the way they play then I'm going to call that terrible gameplay development. No class spec should be gimped until they get a specific feature.

I don't know what else to add to this other than co-signed.

I get that we're missing the biggest part of the classes without the artifact but Ret lost some heavily used buttons, decent mobility and a somewhat fun builder/spender resource system now you heavily rely on 3 buttons and spend too much time auto-attacking and mashing Crusader Strike waiting for you two other heavily used buttons to come off of CD. I skill Consecrate just to have another button to push while I'm waiting for CD's and/or HP builders. At level 30, my Survival Hunter had more variety and a more complex combat rotation than my level 100 Retribution Paladin. Looking what the artifact is bringing to the class, Wake of Ashes and all of the ability modifiers Ashbringer will provide doesn't look like it's enough.

I'm racing to get this Hunter to cap so I can main it for Legion instead. Probably going to aim to have a Warrior and DK to cap as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what else to add to this other than co-signed.

I get that we're missing the biggest part of the classes without the artifact but Ret lost some heavily used buttons, decent mobility and a somewhat fun builder/spender resource system now you heavily rely on 3 buttons and spend too much time auto-attacking and mashing Crusader Strike waiting for you two other heavily used buttons to come off of CD. I skill Consecrate just to have another button to push while I'm waiting for CD's and/or HP builders. At level 30, my Survival Hunter had more variety and a more complex combat rotation than my level 100 Retribution Paladin. Looking what the artifact is bringing to the class, Wake of Ashes and all of the ability modifiers Ashbringer will provide doesn't look like it's enough.

I'm racing to get this Hunter to cap so I can main it for Legion instead. Probably going to aim to have a Warrior and DK to cap as well.

It's funny that you say that because there are so many Hunters right now saying the exact same thing about Hunters that you're saying about Retribution. Grass and greenness.

It's funny that you say that because there are so many Hunters right now saying the exact same thing about Hunters that you're saying about Retribution. Grass and greenness.

I haven't tried Marksmanship or Beast Master yet so I can't comment on those specs yet but at level 30 Survival was more complex than level 100 Retribution Paladin.

Hit level cap and then worry about farming gold. Gold gain from quest rewards should eventually cover your flying licenses, especially once you hit Draenor. Just so long as you do nothing but the bare minimum to your garrison.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't have a full perspective into Ret because I found it really unappealing in WoD, but I don't remember it being very complex there either. Like it or not artifact actives are an important piece to how many specs play. At least 7.0 Ret doesn't feel as cumbersome as 6.2.

ampere

So I was out of the game for a few months and got kivked from my guild :/. And with all my stuff reset Im having a hard time adjusting.

I also only have 120 gold, as a lvl 73 monk :<. I wanted for a long time to have a dragon mount but I remember it being hard and tedious.

Now I need 4500! o_O for cold weather flying.

Yes this is my first lvl 73 lol

There was a recent update regarding Cold Weather Flying that should help you out:

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
New thread, nice. Shouldn't be too long now until demon hunters become playable on retail servers.

Top Bottom