• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worms coming to DS and PSP

Not seen it confirmed before

PALGN: Finally, what's your view on the upcoming handheld consoles, the PSP and the NDS? Is there a possibility that we might see the Worms franchise on either of these consoles in the future? A touch screen and WiFi enabled Worms game does sound pretty awesome you must admit!

Martyn Brown: I think both handhelds are fantastic for widely differing reasons. I think the DS is very refreshing and brings great opportunities for new styles of games - and I think the PSP is a very sexy bit of kit in style and technology - I think both will appeal to different markets. I don't think you'll be surprised to hear that we intend to bring Worms to both formats.

Full interview
www.palgn.com

Dilbert

Ruzbeh said:
Old.

It was confirmed months ago. Can't remember where though.
I haven't seen anything confirming this. Please provide a link if you can...but I think this is new.

I need to go page xsarien, since he's been waiting for this...

Rlan

I hope Team 17 include some sort of hidden "Wormings" game, for us poor DS owners missing out on their Lemmings game :D

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I've long thought Worms DS would be awesome, perfect game for the system.

Unless they try and put the 3D game on there. Though that would be insane.

Juice

That is sexy as hell.

I had heard that the team didn't want to work on the DS, so this makes me happy. DS is the only place I'd probably want to play Worms these days, anyway. I've got a feeling playing it on PSP sans touch screen would just be painful.

Now Rockstar North just has to pretend they don't hate Nintendo anymore and give us a fuckin' Lemmings game.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Juice said:
DS is the only place I'd probably want to play Worms these days, anyway. I've got a feeling playing it on PSP sans touch screen would just be painful.
How the hell would it be painful? Did you have problems playing worms on past consoles?

AirBrian

As long as it's the regular Worms and not the 3D variety, this could possibly be the greatest game on the DS of all time.

Juice

Laguna X said:
How the hell would it be painful? Did you have problems playing worms on past consoles?

I hate trying to aim shit with a digital aiming device (in this case the d-pad). I mean, why would you want to when you could use a touch screen and not only get better precision but save a lot of time. Control for Worms DS would just be more natural than for the PSP. Particularly in the PSP's case, I've found that games requiring really repetitive motions make my wrists just burn in pain far more than any other controller or console.

It's not like the PSP's excellent 3D rendering abilities are going to help out in a game like Worms.

Blackbird

Ruzbeh said:
Old.

It was confirmed months ago. Can't remember where though.

it wasn't confirmed until E3 2005. By the way, it's THQ doing the publishing:
http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=3706

Funny thing is, I noticed this last night and made the 'news'post above. One day after, I find out that multiple sites are sourcing a 4-months old interview as the official announcement, while there's only the developer's hopes to be found in the interview itself.

This game will be great on both handhelds. The DS's touchscreen is natural for this game while the PSP's widescreen will allow you to see much of the playfield. Plus 2d Worms rocks no matter what, am i rite?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Mac the KNife said:
This game will be great on both handhelds. The DS's touchscreen is natural for this game while the PSP's widescreen will allow you to see much of the playfield. Plus 2d Worms rocks no matter what, am i rite?

No, there can be only 1.

Top Bottom