• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, the Game Rush deal is awesome...

Cloudy

Banned
Traded in 3 games for $40 credit (the trade-in prices are pretty good) and got MGS: Twin Snakes for $10 :eek

To sum it up. You can get any used game for $10 or any new one for $30 with the trade in of any 2 games. The cool thing is that you get to keep the balance of the credit so I had $29 and change left over on a gift card o_O

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The better deal is that you can get ANY new game for $29.99 with ANY trade and the trade credit applies as well (knocking the price down further). ANY NEW GAME. That's amazing. Hope it's still going this coming week.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Great Wasabi Man said:
Game Rush....is that the store that part of Hollywood video?

Nyah that's Game Crazy. Game Rush is Blockbusters version.

CoryCubed

The game rushes are spreading...my store just got measured for game rush along with 3 other stores here in little ol oklahoma city

Is this their normal policy, or limited offer?

I traded in stuff at Game Crazy (and for reference, I know it's the Holywood Video place heh) months back and I was surprised that I got about $8 each for games that GameSpot might have given me $2.50 for. I'm all for these new shops.

robot

Been doing this deal for about a month now.

So far I got rid of some old worthless games, and in return got Twin Snakes (gc), Sonic Collection (gc), Riddick (xbox), Four Swords (gc), Medal of Honor (xbox) and about $60 store credit. Any of those old games I used at gamerush would have been worth like $2 at eb. I haven't spent 1 cent out of pocket. It took a little bit of work tho.

The best thing is you dont even need the box or manual.

Consider this deal ABUSED.

Here's what I have so far:
2 copies of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow USED
1 Pokemon Colosseum USED
1 Mario Party 5 USED
1 Prince of Persia USED
1 Resident Evil Outbreak USED
1 007: Everything of Nothing XB USED
1 Thief Deadly Shadows USED
1 Custom Robo NEW
1 Zelda: Four Swords Adventures NEW
1 Rallisport Challenge 2 NEW
1 Trainspotting Special Edition NEW
1 NES GBA NEW
1 PS2 NEW

I'm just about done trading. Just gonna burn off the $60 I have left on Front Mission 4 and Mario Golf GBA.

Cashed. In.

so you can trade in ANY games and get a new one for $29? Damn, i was wondering why i saw a bunch of old N64 games like Turok and Fifa lying on the counter the other day when i went to BB.

Dudes, head on over to Gamerush.com

They've got a coupon you can print out for an additional $20 off any game priced $39.99, and up, with a trade-in.

I'm gonna try abusing this deal later on in the month. :)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ninja Scooter said:
so you can trade in ANY games and get a new one for $29? Damn, i was wondering why i saw a bunch of old N64 games like Turok and Fifa lying on the counter the other day when i went to BB.

Yes. PLUS the trade credit for said game. That's quite a discount for unopened new releases.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Dudes, head on over to Gamerush.com

They've got a coupon you can print out for an additional $20 off any game priced $39.99, and up, with a trade-in.

I'm gonna try abusing this deal later on in the month. :)

this is fucking ridiculous!?!? Did Blockbuster get taken over by WIlly Wonka or something? My brother is getting Chronicles of Riddick for his birthday later this month, and it AIN'T GONNA COST ME A THING!

AniHawk

So if I go to GS or EB, pick up a couple crappy PSX games (the Spyro series should do), take them to Blockbuster, I can get a new game for $30? And then there's a coupon I could use too?

ToS is so mine!

LMAO! Not only is Blockbuster giving us games on the cheap, but their gamerush site just made me shoot milk out of my nose. "FEEEEEEEEEEL...the RUSH!"

There apparently isn't even one in Illinois at all. That's surprising. Really small amount of states even have this place according to the locator...

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
The Faceless Master said:
wow, all 4 in new york are on staten island... WEAK

I was at a Blockbuster in Midtown Manhattan a few weeks ago, and they were setting up a videogame section, and it had it's own cash rgisters, maybe that's going to be a gamerush too. I'll check tommorow and let you know, I would love to take advantage of this deal.

The deal you guys are talking about is not even the better of the two. Try abusing the "trade in any 2 PSX, PS2, GC or XBox games, get any pre-owned game for $9.99"

That's the one you cash in on, then use your credit to pay for the $29.99 deal.

do you need a coupon to get the new games for $29.99 with a trade in? And if you do the "Trade 2, get one used for $9.99" deal, do you get the credit for the games IN ADDITION?

No coupons needed for anything. And yes, you get the credit for the games, too on both deals.

Since I and 40,000 others abused this deal so raggedly last week, Blockbuster has a 2 games per day limit for trading per account, at least on the $9.99 deal. And I'd say the deal's gonna go on for another week or so before their bankrupt. Heheh, amateurs.

carpal

*boggle*

Edit: nevermind, examples ahoy.

Shit, maybe the deal is just so good it's fried my brain trying to comprehend. I'm hoping it's that, but then it would just mean I get to read about how everyone but me is making off like a bandit while I'm stuck in Game Rush-less Philadelphia.

B'z-chan

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
No coupons needed for anything. And yes, you get the credit for the games, too on both deals.

Since I and 40,000 others abused this deal so raggedly last week, Blockbuster has a 2 games per day limit for trading per account, at least on the $9.99 deal. And I'd say the deal's gonna go on for another week or so before their bankrupt. Heheh, amateurs.

If someone would like to make a little money doing this for me [wink wink] to get a PS2 and Xbox i would be happy to pay them [wink wink]

All of the ones here in fresno stoped doing this a week or so ago. I wanted to get a Xbox (halo) and PS2 (bba set) but unfortunatly i could not due to them taking down everything.

Great thing though so i can get Driver 3 for cheap.

Cloudy

Banned
The deal you guys are talking about is not even the better of the two. Try abusing the "trade in any 2 PSX, PS2, GC or XBox games, get any pre-owned game for $9.99"

That's the one I did. And I got the credit for the games too lol

Wario64 said:
$40 is the MSRP...he got ripped off!

It was used. I got it for $10...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
The Faceless Master said:
wow, all 4 in new york are on staten island... WEAK

Time to make that trip over the Verazano (sp?) Bridge in the Scion.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
These promotions really boggle my mind. How the hell are they making any profits out of this?

Wario64: I get the impression this is just a grand opening scheme for attracting gobs of attention to a new store franchise in an already crowded market. I'll definitely do my part to take advatage of these introductory deals, but that's about it. :p

Ristamar

So there are actually Game Rush stores which is where the deal is available? Fuck. I never heard of any in PA, though there's about a dozen Blockbusters within a 15 miles radius of where I'm at. I want cheap games... :(

According to the radio advertisement's on 99X, there are 39 Game Rushes in the Atlanta area.

So, I can trade in Ghost Recon (a game that will net about $3 from EB) and get a new game for $29.99? Plus I can print the coupon off the interent and get another $20 off?

B'z-chan

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
According to the radio advertisement's on 99X, there are 39 Game Rushes in the Atlanta area.

So, I can trade in Ghost Recon (a game that will net about $3 from EB) and get a new game for $29.99? Plus I can print the coupon off the interent and get another $20 off?

If so i would be a fool not to go there right now and get me some games.

siamesedreamer said:

actually, i think the $20 off coupon, and the "trade one/get one for $29.99" coupon are one in the same.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
they are. But if you trade in Ghost Recon you'll get the trade for that as well. The 2 games for any used 9.99 game is still in effect here :)

Top Bottom