• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wu-Tang Clan Album Reviews and Solo reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting my reviews, curious to other peoples..

only covering RZA in my first posting here, but would like to cover other albums...

RZA as Bobby Digital: absolutely classic album.. the single was "holocaust" and I still find that to be one of the best wu-tang songs ever... the album is straight awesome from beginning to end.... and probably my favorite of all the wu-tang albums ever.

RZA az Bobby Digital: Bullets (or was it electric bullets): anyways, I lost this album, and aint paying $9.99 on itunes to get it again; i was extremely disappointed at the time I remember, but listening to the 30 second clips on itunes, the album sounds pretty rocking.. i am curious as to what other people think of this album.

RZA: Birth of a Prince: this is his latest album, I just bought it on itunes this evening, and I havent really listened to the album enough to review it, but i really like it.. there are some fucking tight ass songs on it so far.. not sure if it will pass up bobby digital, i doubt it, but its great so far.

anyways, post your wutang clan reviews or reviews of wutang members solo cd's... let me know what i should get in the future..

i have:
wutang forever
wutang the w
i dont have 36 chambers but i used to and need to find it
i dont have iron flag, but i did buy "uzi/pinky ring" off itunes, is the rest of the album any good? i heard bad things

for solo albums i have:
rza "bobby digital"
rza "birth of the prince"
ghostface killah "supreme clientele" (amazing!)
inspectah deck "the movement"
and then i have various singles from other albums..

i am very interested in raekwons albums, ghost face's other albums, GZA's album,etc... method mans albums seem a little too all over the place for me, though i did buy some songs from his various albums.

teepo

gza - liquid swords

get it now. its just as good as 36 chambers. i saw him live with masta killah and killa priest not that long ago.

karasu

Oh, No, it must be Bobby.

The Rza is the shit, he says some far out what not and I love him for it. Plus he has the illest beats ever.

"I chew rice soaked in coconut milk mixed with tofu
Sit in the sun six hours then I charge up like Goku" - It Must be Bobby

"Yo, yo, assassination, vaccination, poor education
infatuation with Satan with global nataion taxation
Fiberoptic microscopic biological germ
Mad Cow burger on the market, Captain a nigga starship
I never departed once I started
to explore these regions that was uncharted
Leave your heart broken, y'all stand tall
like buildings on Van Dyke's, all mics
Beats strike like a noisy four train late night" - Tragedy

what!

Ghostface - Ironman & Pretty Toney Album
Raekwon- Only built 4 Cuban Linx

Don't forget the lost wallbies and those ninjas on Mars!

Teddman

Currently, the most (only?) consistent Wu member is Ghostface. His solo albums have all been good, with Supreme Clientelle being tops. The new 'Pretty Tony Album' is damn solid too.

My pick for best overall Wu album is either 36 Chambers or Raekwon's Cuban Linx.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
36 Chambers - Great

Return to the 36 Chambers - Great

Liquid Swordz - Great

Cuban Links - good

Ironman - good

everything else to me was ok or less.

I heard GhostFace's third album, the one after Supreme Clientele... and it didnt seem that good to me, a definit drop off from supreme clientele...

but yah, from what I have heard of pretty toney, it sounds great..

i have so many wu cd's i need to get.. so many rap cd's in general..

if i ever wont he lottery or somesthing; first thing i would do is hit best buy, and buy about 20 rap cd's... no joke..

Pimpwerx

36 Chambers - EPIC...legendary

Return to the 36 Chambers - OK, but quirky. You either get ODB, or you don't.

Tical - OK, but no better than ODB's first. I Bring The Pain and You're All I Need still bang to this day though.

WuTang Forever - Great. Used to rate it as good, but the second CD alone has like 4 or 5 songs that kill. Should have been a single album, and that would have made it an epic. The last good thing the RZA ever put his name to until Kill Bill. :(

Iron Flag - Very good. Not quite great, but Uzi, Pinky Ring and a couple others made up for it. RZA was well on his way out at this point.

Liquid Swords - EPIC. Diversify your bonds, nigga. ;) This album is hot from beginning to end. Dare I say, hands-down the best solo album from the Wu, period. GZA cemented himself as the lyrical genius he is on this album. RZA's beats were still old-school hot and everything just went together well. Get this album dammit.

Pretty Tone - Great. I love the latest Ghostface album. Biscuits, It's Over, Tush, Holla, Tooken Back, Love, Metal Lungies...I like most of the tracks. Ghostface is underrated. Cher Chez La Ghost was hot at its time, and didn't get enough exposure. I didn't like his first album much, but he's been good since.

I didn't get the Inspectah album, or Raekwon's. I heard Cuban Links is good, but Raekwon annoys me sometimes. Especially on the interludes since he sounds so fucking stupid with anything he says. Anyway, the Wu forever. Hope their next one can match up with their older work. Their recent shit has been half-hearted to say the least. PEACE.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I was listening to W the other day and I finally understood why it was so subpar. It was like all the leftover joints from each members solo album. Meth and Red, Nas and Rae. Gravel Pit was just not Wuish at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom