• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k14 |OT| 30 Years of Wrestlemania, 10 Years of Here Comes The Pain

I haven't watched wrestling regularly since the early 2000's when WCW was alive. But I still buy the wrestling games because of the fun they provide. This was honestly the best wrestling release of last gen and I'm hoping it continues into next gen. I'd like to see a new developer to go along with 2K. But either way, this is a great game if you want to relive the golden age of wrestling.

Rapstah

Because I have a sick obsession with keeping a Universe Mode league of this game going with stupid characters my friends and I came up with feuding, here are some more ridiculous bugs and problems that keep happening in Universe Mode:
  • Sometimes feuds are longer than the game says they are. The game claims a feud is a 4-week feud but it will actually have booked an 8-week feud. The "X weeks remaining" counter will keep counting past 0 and go to "-1 week remaining", etc.
  • When the game asks you if it should automatically create a feud between the Royal Rumble winner and the current holder of the major belt of the promotion that person is in (it does this at the start of March if there is a valid Rumble winner), it won't actually start that feud. This may be because someone else is in a feud with the title holder, but because the game always tries to put title holders in a feud, I don't think it ever works. Instead, the game consistently starts the Rumble winner vs. title holder feud the week after WrestleMania, and then promptly realises that WrestleMania was one week ago on the first available TV episode it has to book stuff on and just books the big WM title match on that episode of TV instead. It will then claim they had an enormous WrestleMania main event in the WWE.com log.
  • The game can't track more than one Money in the Bank contract or Royal Rumble winner at a time. For the Rumble this is probably fine as there's only one match per year in reality, but WWE held two MITB matches per year for ages.
  • Wrestlers who aren't on the active roster have stopped doing run-ins (like they could in WWE '13), but Divas who aren't on the roster can still run in after matches for some reason.
  • If you have a set-up where there's two TV shows and rosters (like Raw and Smackdown until 2011) and then a minor TV show where wrestlers from both rosters can appear (like a Main Event or Superstars type show), the game can suddenly decide to book a feud between two wrestlers on opposite rosters. This will result in one of them randomly switching rosters because the game can't handle feuds like that.
  • If a wrestler's name contains only numbers or special characters, there's some kind of error (looks like a hash function issue) where King and Cole may think they're someone on the main roster and do their "it's The Rock" or "Triple H is so good because he's so great" voice clips like they would for the actual wrestler.
  • The "champion is getting intentionally counted out to retain the title" cut scene happens everywhere except in title matches. It happens in non-title matches between non-title holders outside of title feuds.

Top Bottom