• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

I haven't seen any improvements in fact they've taken shit out of the game. Just play 2K14 and pretend it's new, that's what they've done.

It's only worse than 2K14 if you cared about the creation features. The play looks basically the same, with small improvements. MyCareer sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

I completely get there's tons of gripes about the game but nothing about it has been enough to make me hold off. I've had fun with every single one of these games. As much as I want something new (and I'm right with everyone who does want something new), I can't stay away knowing that I'm guaranteed to have at least 20 hours worth before I get bored.

The game would have to take a massive hit in quality for me to not buy it every year. As much as you want 2K15 to be a massive piece a shit, it probably actually won't be. It probably won't be great, but to say it's atrociously bad is a complete over-exaggeration and makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. I don't blame anyone who wants to stick with last year's game. I see enough in MyCareer, and enough improvements to make it worthwhile for me. That doesn't mean everyone else sees it that way.

Hasney

Now you can feel just like Rey Mysterio.

YPvFtm7.gif

Hasney

The game would have to take a massive hit in quality for me to not buy it every year. As much as you want 2K15 to be a massive piece a shit, it probably actually won't be. It probably won't be great, but to say it's atrociously bad is a complete over-exaggeration and makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about

I disagree entirely. In fact, anyone who does think it's shit probably will know what they're talking about. Why is it clearly the same engine? Or if not, why did they recreate the same bugs as from 2k14? Why have the same bugs been present for 4 goddamn years now? Why is reversal still the lowest common denominator of one button? What are QTEs supposed to add? Why can a table bump still result in someone getting up so quickly? Why do moves look less impactful now than they ever have? Why does interrupting a move as a third party make the guy doing the original move kind of stumble no matter what sort of impact hits them when much older games can actually show the impact on both the parties involved in the original move? Why even bother with commentary if that's the best you can get, why not stick to ambient music? Why does a crowd not know how to react, are they smarks? Why did they go to the Royal Rumble just to boo the announcement of the Royal Rumble match happening? Is this question format getting tiring? I'm pretty fucking bored of it? Was that even a question?

Look, like you said, you'll have some fun with it. As will I, earlier than normal for once since I'm not pre-owned shopping it. But we're wrestling fans and as such, we have fun with things that are just plain awful. The WWE product has been dogshit for well over a year now bar a couple of bright points that made it look like it was going to turn a corner and yet I've only just stopped watching Raw every week again. It will be an atrociously bad game that's a piece of shit that we will find some enjoyment out for a fleeting moment until next year. It's how it's been for years now.

Who is the bigger carny? Yukes or Vince McMahon. Both hit their peaks in the late 90s. Both no longer understand what their customers want. Both have tried to venture out into other fields only to be stuck with wrestling as their main success.

Lrrr

Who is the bigger carny? Yukes or Vince McMahon. Both hit their peaks in the late 90s. Both no longer understand what their customers want. Both have tried to venture out into other fields only to be stuck with wrestling as their main success.

Yukes, no question.

Vince is clearly out of touch now, but he's provided wrestling fans great memories and entertainment in the past. I cannot recall Yukes delivering something I enjoyed as much as No Mercy in their 10+ years handling the IP.

strobogo

Banned
There was a game made by Yukes.
They bestowed it on you little pukes.
Theclosetfan said it was great.
He used its gameplay trailer to masterbate.
He called the crawling mechanic revolutionary.
While dressed in a pink tutu like Rock in the Tooth Fairy.
He claimed the engine was brand new.
Obviously something in his head was askew.
On November 18th he will be at the midnight release.
While the rest of us look at the game like Zandig and yell JEEEEEEEZUS.

19e6p.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yukes, no question.

Vince is clearly out of touch now, but he's provided wrestling fans great memories and entertainment in the past. I cannot recall Yukes delivering something I enjoyed as much as No Mercy in their 10+ years handling the IP.

Toukon Retsuden 4 for Dreamcast was pretty great, and their NJPW N64 games were alright too.

I mean, sure, that's more than 15 years ago and those games never made it here. But it almost counts.

From previews a few months ago about the game

"Over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions went on at 2K's state-of-the-art mo-cap facility, where WWE Superstars spent hours getting their signature moves digitally recreated. All told, WWE 2K15 features five times (FIVE TIMES! FIVE TIMES!) the animation data of 2K14. Thankfully, just as much effort has gone into improving the way the game sounds, the color commentary in particular. Over four times as many lines were recorded this time around, which should go a long way towards spicing up what has consistently been one of the franchise's presentational low points."

"Audio is getting a complete overhaul as well, with five times the sound of last year's game. For the very first time announcers Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole will be recorded in tandem, creating more natural conversation threads. I heard a sample clip of the two discussing Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission and it already sounds much improved. There will be a massive 30 to 35 hours of commentary per announcer to keep things fresh and prevent hearing constant repeats."

pV9KVzG.gif

"Over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions went on at 2K's state-of-the-art mo-cap facility, where WWE Superstars spent hours getting their signature moves digitally recreated. All told, WWE 2K15 features five times (FIVE TIMES! FIVE TIMES!) the animation data of 2K14. Thankfully, just as much effort has gone into improving the way the game sounds, the color commentary in particular. Over four times as many lines were recorded this time around, which should go a long way towards spicing up what has consistently been one of the franchise's presentational low points."

"Audio is getting a complete overhaul as well, with five times the sound of last year's game. For the very first time announcers Jerry "The King" Lawler and Michael Cole will be recorded in tandem, creating more natural conversation threads. I heard a sample clip of the two discussing Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission and it already sounds much improved. There will be a massive 30 to 35 hours of commentary per announcer to keep things fresh and prevent hearing constant repeats."

Was this an IGN preview by any chance?

"Complete overhaul" complete with the announcers glitching out whenever there's a long submission hold by saying "and they reversed it. Reversed it there. Oh, reversal! And they reversed it!" feature from 2K14. Same exact audio files too.

s_mirage

How well do these games actually sell? Enough for the publisher to invest in new titles more than a year in advance?

As much fun as it is to rag on Yukes, if they're not given the budget to start work on anything other than next years title, and are given only limited resources even then, can we really expect anything more from them? I just can't see how we're going to get massive improvements (e.g. a totally new engine) from any developer unless they can either work on a title for more than a year, or have a massive team.

Joeki11a

Banned
The graphics look like CG in this phone...the animations still old gen robotic canned?, VC needs to take care of that by 2K17. Just stablish a Foundation and fire Yukes let VC take care of the series.

Joeki11a

Banned

That looks great, this game needs better lighting, i hope you can edit others into HHHs intro so we can see that lighting on other characters, see how it makes HHH look real?

Brock in this lighting looks like a Doll, no sweat shine just straight up plastic skin.

I really wonder how a developer can be so damn bad year after year. Do they not actually watch the product they are trying to recreate? Like damn, watch any Stone Cold entrance and you can see he doesn't fucking walk like that. He's walking like Paul Heyman.

So I put this game in my gameQ for gamefly. Might be a wasted spot but we will see. Here is to hoping it isn't garbage. (Probably will be but better than wasting 60)

I really wonder how a developer can be so damn bad year after year. Do they not actually watch the product they are trying to recreate? Like damn, watch any Stone Cold entrance and you can see he doesn't fucking walk like that. He's walking like Paul Heyman.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MY NAME IS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN...

Joeki11a

Banned

Stone Cold asked Paul E to do mocap

I think Cesaro will really be Cesaro in this game and the others that actually did mocap.

Joeki11a

Banned

pV9KVzG.gif

Probably huge day 1 patch? Or most of that
Is for career mode and "showcases" not regular matches

Lrrr

Interesting to note that the PS3/360 versions of this game will be $29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy, but not the next-gen versions.

Interesting to note that the PS3/360 versions of this game will be $29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy, but not the next-gen versions.

It will be $29 by Christmas I'm sure. The delay just messed up Black Friday pricing unless GameStop puts it on sale. Please don't buy this game and support the shady practices of 2k and Yukes though.

DJKhaled

lol bobo you haven't even played the current gen version, stop trolling, you don't know if it will be good or bad. I dont get your obsession with hating this game.

14 has the Wrestlemania mode that is worth a playthrough and a Beat the Streak mode that's entertaining for a few times. Plus the legends roster is probably the best they've ever had. Plus the newer menus are nicer than the old ones they used to use and loading is improved. The gameplay is still garbage, but it was fun reliving some Wrestlemania moments.

Top Bottom