• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Hasney

Bobo got got

P42b3k4.gif

Hasney

That's kinda cool. I don't know why the rosters are still split though. Wonder if that's a WWE decision or just a low priority thing.

Nah, it's specifically for universe as it hasn't changed much.

Not sure what I'm going to do about that. I usually combine them, but with the CAW limit, I can't have my WCW and ECW shows, so I might run separate brands this year.

Hasney

Regals tron, music and render has been found on the 360 disc as well. possibly pointlessly locked out like Bret Hart on PS2 in 2011.

Hasney

Christ. The more I watch, the more I may play the game on mute and just listen to music.

Bahahaha that Sting V Taker match. From 6:29:

Last ride out of nowhere
King in stilted voice: "I knew Sting from UWF and down in Memphis then he became the face of WC"
Cole after Last Ride impacts: "Oh jeeze"
Sting no-sells

What in the actual fuck?

Hasney

Oh shit, not even a 1 count on the tombstone. it might have been a rope break, but the game didn't indicate that at all.

Replays are all fucked up. If you do a pin after a move, it has a chance of making it. Even a stomp by Taker in that one.

Was going to watch more vids, but I can't get past these tools talking over it because they're so fucking annoying.

Christ. The more I watch, the more I may play the game on mute and just listen to music.

Bahahaha that Sting V Taker match. From 6:29:

Last ride out of nowhere
King in stilted voice: "I knew Sting from UWF and down in Memphis then he became the face of WC"
Cole after Last Ride impacts: "Oh jeeze"
Sting no-sells

What in the actual fuck?

In fairness, Sting would totally no-sell a Last Ride.
sting-no-sell-on-the-missle-drop-kick-o.gif

Hasney

In fairness, Sting would totally no-sell a Last Ride.
sting-no-sell-on-the-missle-drop-kick-o.gif

Yeah, I could see it being a moment in a match, then Undertaker would end up doing something similar, like taking a Stinger Splash, then just walking out and chokeslamming him. I really want the PC version to edit the commentary files now. If Michael Cole says Oh Jeeze, then I want someone good saying something equally moronic. Maybe even a Homer Simpson D'oh.

For positives, I liked that Undertakers grapple animation for the chokeslam was actually a choke. I can't remember if that was fixed in 2k14 or not (I don't tend to use either Taker or Kane), but so often it used to be a standard grapple animation, then chokeslam instantly after the camera cut.

Hasney

Same Royal Rumble bullshit mini-game. FUCK

For fucks sake

Fw0LtsA.gif

Finisher momentum build-up all the way to max then. Finisher everyone out if it can't be turned off.

lol, read it as Lyft and was about to sarcastically respond "How do you do the Redbox one then?"

Lift moves look alright though, just not sure how many people the finisher would benefit. Codebreaker for sure. I bet they'll put in Cena and Brock catching them on their shoulders. Trouble in Paradise would look awesome, but I doubt they'll do it. Yes Lock?

Judging by that Rumble video, it seems wrestlers edited in the superstar studio are referred to as "The Superstar". That wasn't the case with superstar heads was it?

Hasney

Judging by that Rumble video, it seems wrestlers edited in the superstar studio are referred to as "The Superstar". That wasn't the case with superstar heads was it?

Hopefully they added in the option to change all that and the guy doing the video never bothered. This would make sense for total gimmick changes like if you wanted to add Leo Kruger after the Adam Rose DLC comes out.

It's either that or a really stupid bug.... so it's quite possibly that.

I saw an option to make a custom superstar an "alternate attire". Maybe all of that has to be set.

If existed Divas can be edited like 2k mentioned, I really want to see a video of that.

I don't get how they can get nice models of the wrestlers, but have the hair look like complete shit. It's no better than it was during the PS2 days

Videos look the same as it's ever looked

Built from the ground up my ass

The commentary is talking about them as Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins rather than the Superstar, so either that video had a bug or you can pick new callnames for them.

EDIT: Fucks sake. Steps still need to be hit in the perfect position to look like they have any impact.

EDIT2: Fucking Shield theme. Guess what, we can't change it. Fucking hell.

Can we not change existing themes even if it's to something else on the disc?

i was planning to change Seth's theme to Trips Authority theme at least.

Hasney

Can we not change existing themes even if it's to something else on the disc?

i was planning to change Seth's theme to Trips Authority theme at least.

I'd assume you still can, but that's still not really good enough. There's been plenty of time to change an audio file on the disc even if they didn't have enough time for new models.

Really wish Cesaro was somehow involved with the Cena/Punk feud just so we could have a version of his with a decent theme.

I'd assume you still can, but that's still not really good enough. There's been plenty of time to change an audio file on the disc even if they didn't have enough time for new models.

Really wish Cesaro was somehow involved with the Cena/Punk feud just so we could have a version of his with a decent theme.

Just give him the Real Americans theme?

Yeah, I can an understand animating a new entrance but changing up audio/video files is a copy and paste job. They don't have to program or create these elements.

Seth vs. Dean with updated attires

Can't listen to the audio at work.

I had a better look at this match. Everything in those last 2 minutes is great. The laboured animations as Dean and Seth try to finish each other off are well done. Seth resting on the ropes before climbing the turnbuckle is a nice little detail. There is good shit in here. Like I said before, I think the only new animations they put in this year are of the wrestlers looking gassed.

Batista should be on the cover.

Next Gen Elimination Chamber

Bobo was banned? Bless the mods. This game looks okay but the lack of features is disappointing. I hope I can find this for cheap around black Friday.

Rapstah

Hey, they added a referee to the Elimination Chamber. That hasn't been in there forever for some reason. You used to get slow counts with a weak referee voice coming from the ramp somewhere.

Joeki11a

Banned
Damn Bobo got Vader bombed?, he went too hard on Yukes the game is being restructured
let the workers get a grip of what Take2/WWE wants.

But with VC2K on their side you better believe in a few years the games will be great, for now enjoy the foundation.

The character models in the Rollins/Ambrose match look fucking awful up-close. I assume they're using different models from entrances, or the lighting is downgraded during matches?

Hasney

Hey, they added a referee to the Elimination Chamber. That hasn't been in there forever for some reason. You used to get slow counts with a weak referee voice coming from the ramp somewhere.

Yeah, while good, I'd rather they could remove him for some match types to allow for 7 people in the ring at the same time.

Joeki11a

Banned
The character models in the Rollins/Ambrose match look fucking awful up-close. I assume they're using different models from entrances, or the lighting is downgraded during matches?

Its not downgraded, its just a flat white lighting
they should of gave the arena a darker atmosphere,

Damn Bobo got Vader bombed?, he went too hard on Yukes the game is being restructured
let the workers get a grip of what Take2/WWE wants.

But witj VC2K on their side you better believe in a few years the games will be great, for now enjoy the foundation.

Why should I pay for something unfinished?

Rapstah

Yeah, while good, I'd rather they could remove him for some match types to allow for 7 people in the ring at the same time.

What they do in the Elimination Chamber match is replace the commentators with the chamber cage, and even then the game used to run significantly worse in EC matches than normally. They could probably get 4vs4 matches with a ref running without too many performance issues, basically, but I'm guessing a lot of their engine is hardcoded around the current limit.

They should absolutely be able to get 8 men in the ring at once in Rumble matches, but maybe they don't want to because it'd be too crowded.

Top Bottom