• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Damn, it looks the ref still gets up within 5 seconds of you hitting a big move on them. Stay down ref! That's when you grab a chair and get a few hits in.

I also find it disturbing that the new ref still has the old ref's voice. Messed up.

You know what? He's right "Look at what you have and not what you don't have" I'm gonna have some fun with this game. Even though they took out things that bugged me.

They took out all the things that made it worth buying it for me, but some of the new mechanics and stuff are neat. I just hope they add everything they took out for this game next year.

But whatever, should be fun to watch some streams.

Streaming on Live from Playstation and giving impressions, Says it looks much better than the videos that have going around and it feels really good, a nice slow pace compared to the other games.

Streaming on Live from Playstation and giving impressions, Says it looks much better than the videos that have going around and it feels really good, a nice slow pace compared to the other games.

The old animations mixed in are definitely giving off initial bad impressions.

Hasney

What's this charged finishers? Is it basically a running finisher now ala spear?

Nah, it combines the wake-up taunt and finisher in one button press

Moves seem to have a lot more impact, especially after watching that comparison video.

I feel completely the opposite on this. The sound of the impact is better, but most moves look soft as hell.

EDIT: Like so, although it has been soft for years now:
SMH. If there's one move you don't fuck up, it's the AA Spinebuster.

mLGJxR.gif

mPwJVd.gif

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
They took out all the things that made it worth buying it for me, but some of the new mechanics and stuff are neat. I just hope they add everything they took out for this game next year.

But whatever, should be fun to watch some streams.

Yeah. I mean, I felt gutted when they took out CAW Divas. (but the assets are still there o_O) and to a lesser extent Create an Arena. Still should be fun though.

GravyButt

The only bad thing I see about the stamina system is your character only does it after a move or strike, but can run around no problem.

My other only gripe is how little they stay down, even in videos where the guy is in red he pops up after a finisher real fast. Maybe theres a setting for it?

Other than that, I cant wait!

Hasney

There's a slider that changes how much power a finisher has. Doesn't stop the other guy from popping up sometimes still.

Joeki11a

Banned

I feel completely the opposite on this. The sound of the impact is better, but most moves look soft as hell.

Lies, the DDTs look like they have great impact

Hasney

Lies, the DDTs look like they have great impact

Dirty Deeds did, which is a shame since I'll be removing it instantly.

I'm sure DDT 32 of whatever it'll be called in the moves list does have great impact, but when it's still using a bunch of old animations that lack impact, it ruins everything.

Plus the most impactful DDT of any game is still Ravens even flow in Revenge

Joeki11a

Banned

Gamey animations with fake impact are Old news, this game is going for Realism that spinebuster now suits the new vision aka look as real as tv, HHH would do it just like that now.

All of you wanting gamey wrestling better forget about that, VC/2K are about realism authentic realism presentation. EA are the ones into gamey sports.

Hasney

Gamey animations with fake impact are Old news, this game is going for Realism that spinebustrr now suits the new vision aka look as real as tv.

All of you wanting gamey wrestling better forget about that, VC/2K are about realism authentic realism presentation.

If you want realism authentic realism, they need to kill the old animations and mini games. I'm not sure what's so authentic about a lock picking mechanic, especially when barely any matches start with chain wrestling these days, at least in the WWE. Plus, it's based on a fake sport. They should relish in that rather than try and make it seem like a real fight. The match ratings in MyCareer help, but the disconnect between that and Hugh Morris telling me it's fo' real is already bugging me.

On the plus side, the annoyingness of Cole and King is still capture realistically.
That extra $20 is just for the hogan dlc fyi.

And the season pass that doesn't include all the DLC. That's in the deluxe too.

Got 2K15 preordered at Target. Good to go for Tuesday. Kind of wish I went digital on it. Oh well. I don't change my disc on my PS4 all that often anyway (I just switched out Destiny for the first time since launch day), so this will probably just sit in there for a while and then it's almost like I got it digital.

My other only gripe is how little they stay down, even in videos where the guy is in red he pops up after a finisher real fast. Maybe theres a setting for it?

Other than that, I cant wait!
That has been a big gripe i've had with the series for a while, even though the stamina system helps there's so much no sell or mínimum selling after big moves, i feel it plays against all they're trying to achieve as far as pacing goes, but, small steps and all...

Regarding impactful moves, I've noticed that they've still kept the old triple german suplex animation, which actually looks brutal and has impact. I hope they never try to mo-cap it and completely butcher it, like they've done with virtually every other move.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Regarding impactful moves, I've noticed that they've still kept the old triple german suplex animation, which actually looks brutal and has impact. I hope they never try to mo-cap it and completely butcher it, like they've done with virtually every other move.

They ruined my Brainbuster.

Not surprised Bobo got the Vader Bomb dropped on him, he's been asking for it with the excessive repetitiveness of his posts.

i thought last year was supposed to be the transition year?

Every year since the last generation has been a transition year unlike back in the generation before where there was only one transition game.

Xbox One Gameplay

Video embargo is over.

Diva Battle Royal

Next Gen Sting vs. Taker New look at the menus.

Why is the Undertaker tapping and then Sting letting go before the ref, who takes his good ol'time, to single for the bell? The ref should be calling for it as he's tapping...

Does the Ultimate Warrior look as derpy in the current gen version as he does in the last gen version? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJzGnyUxb-g

Hasney

The one Brock did on one of the vids? Yeah, it looked like the move was made popular by a murderer or something it was so brutal.

Shall we post PSN shit for MyCareer invasions?

PSN: Hasney

Shockingly enough.

The one Brock did on one of the vids? Yeah, it looked like the move was made popular by a murderer or something it was so brutal.

Shall we post PSN shit for MyCareer invasions?

PSN: Hasney

Shockingly enough.

I'll have you know that Bob Holly isn't a murderer >:-(

The game play looks pretty good IMO, but still going to pass because of the roster and limited creation features. I can still have fun with 2K14 because of that epic roster.

Here's hoping that 2K16 will be a Monday Night Wars game that I have been dreaming about now that Sting has signed with WWE and that TNA is going under so we can finally get the Dudleys, Taz, Kurt and the Hardyz

Mobile Suit Gooch

The game play looks pretty good IMO, but still going to pass because of the roster and limited creation features. I can still have fun with 2K14 because of that epic roster.

Here's hoping that 2K16 will be a Monday Night Wars game that I have been dreaming about now that Sting has signed with WWE and that TNA is going under so we can finally get the Dudleys, Taz, Kurt and the Hardyz

They're probably gonna push that showcase thing next year too.

Thats gold, Jerry!

Top Bottom