• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Doink is in the game? or is that a CAW? I always felt like he should have been in past SD games

Just checked out the WCW DLC. Like WTF? Fit Finley? there are so many WCW guys that should be in over him... like WCW's version of Vader, Arn Anderson, The Giant. I saw Bam Bam as DLC too for WCW but hes much more of a WWF dude. He would have been a perfect addition to last years game along with Sid, who is only available as a manager? Why?

Hasney

It's a CAW.

I'm happy Fit Finley is in it, but you have to realize why. He's still employed by WWE, so it's probably at no extra cost. Bam Bam had a pretty good WCW run with attacking Goldberg, but no Goldberg makes it annoying. I could do without another Big Show alt. Still, should have been bigger at that price... Especially with it not being in the season pass.

Hasney

So we were playing the PS3 version today and we noticed they took out the options menu. That really is cutting features.

EDIT: Found them no thanks to Yukes menu design.

They've ruined everything.

yaLg96.gif

KYEdMN.gif

vnzX5Q.gif

KR31ZE.gif

Shit, just look at the camera angles. With WWE 12, they switched to this boring as fuck "realistic" format which made the moves look even more worse than they already were.

Screw this game, we need a Goddamn Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain HD remake NOW!

Hasney

HCTP would probably be 4th on my WWE game remakes, behind No Mercy, DoR2 and Wrestlefest... And not that shitty iOS one THQ put out either.

Rapstah

They won't ever re-make a game Chris Benoit was in. That means they can re-make Smackdown 1, which is a PS1 game. That's the half of the Attitude Era they seem to focus on most of the time anyway.

Benoit could be pulled easily enough.

Why do wrestlers still have a kick out animation right after the three count? That's just a little thing that's annoyed me since the first time I saw it. I mean, that's fine sometimes but if you beat the shit out of a character that was laying on the mat for like 10 or so seconds a couple moves before they should just stay down without that reaction.

This series has had a lot of BS mini-game gimmicks including that total bullshit submission garbage that gutted submissions for years but they also had the double KO mechanic which was IMO actually one of the very few good ideas they had, of course they got rid of it. How long did it last before they got rid of it, one game or two for whatever reason?

He's in a lot of the story modes. Obviously nothing is impossible to remove, but it would be more than just emulating the original game in a higher resolution and calling it a day.

The wrestlers in story mode are randomized, if I recall correctly. Pretty sure you could also modify the rosters beforehand too.

Benoit could be pulled easily enough.

Why do wrestlers still have a kick out animation right after the three count? That's just a little thing that's annoyed me since the first time I saw it. I mean, that's fine sometimes but if you beat the shit out of a character that was laying on the mat for like 10 or so seconds a couple moves before they should just stay down without that reaction.

This series has had a lot of BS mini-game gimmicks including that total bullshit submission garbage that gutted submissions for years but they also had the double KO mechanic which was IMO actually one of the very few good ideas they had, of course they got rid of it. How long did it last before they got rid of it, one game or two for whatever reason?

SvR 2006 introduced the double KO mechanic and the sleeper hold mini-game and they were all inexplicably taken out the next year. I know mini-games aren't popular here but I thought those two were pretty decent.

2006 was a really solid game.

ksdixon

SvR 2006 introduced the double KO mechanic and the sleeper hold mini-game and they were all inexplicably taken out the next year. I know mini-games aren't popular here but I thought those two were pretty decent.

Those were about the ONLY two mini-games I never minded. Because they both made sense in the context of being a mini-game, and they never took-away player freedom like so many others did. Such as SVR06's down-grapple 'chop battle' minigame which took away a move slot etc.

Those were about the ONLY two mini-games I never minded. Because they both made sense in the context of being a mini-game, and they never took-away player freedom like so many others did. Such as SVR06's down-grapple 'chop battle' minigame which took away a move slot etc.

Oooh, I forgot about the chop battle one. Did that make it into 2007?

I never understood why they pulled the double KO after just one game.

Oooh, I forgot about the chop battle one. Did that make it into 2007?

I never understood why they pulled the double KO after just one game.

Or why they randomly removed details from wrestler textures. Or why they fucked up the targeting mechanic in 2008 and have yet to make it any good. Or why they got rid of fighting in the crowd. Or why they got rid of separate standing animations. Or why they got rid of triple threat tag matches. Or why they got rid of interconnected backstage areas with 6 wrestlers at a time. Or why they got rid of wrestler-specific variations of moves.

Barrylad

Neo Member
Some of the stuff I'm seeing in the assorted YouTube videos is making me more interested in this game. The stamina system looks better executed than it was in older iterations of the game, where it was typically just result in a slow, puffy out of breath animation now and then. The assorted new animations really do look nice.

Maybe I'm just a cynical ass, I dunno, but I just can't get over it every time I see an old animation. For every new one, I feel like I can still see five from Smackdown vs Raw in 2004. I know I should stop expecting this game to be bulldozed and rebuilt from the ground up - but I just hate that so much of this game's DNA is completely unchanged from games TWO generations old.

stn

I just want to confirm that the "cellphone" is the only custom entrance, and that all the options stripped from last-gen 2K15 are stripped in current-gen 2K15. Thanks.

dreamfall

HCTP would probably be 4th on my WWE game remakes, behind No Mercy, DoR2 and Wrestlefest... And not that shitty iOS one THQ put out either.

I think HCTP will forever be my favorite wrestling title in the WWE/F series.

I've been playing a ton of it on PCSX2, and I just like how quick the pacing still feels.

HCTP really was incredible. Kept playing it for years after release. Top 3 favorite wrestling games of all time.

Did anybody else enjoy Wrestlemania XIX on GC? I had tons of fun with that one. I liked it better than the DoR games too

Past

Apparently they removed a lot of modes in WWE 2K15 on current gen. No more handicap matches, no more triple/fatal four Ladder/TLC matches, no more 1v1 ladder matches (only TLC), no more 6-man battle royale, just to name a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkoe7AWlvL4
@1:08 you can see that only Normal, ER and HITC is available under "Triple Threat"

That "WrestleFest" THQ produced was an abomination. People for pretty much decades at that point wanted a new/updated WrestleFest and they come out with that shit.

Removing basic match modes/modifiers is ridiculous.

I couldn't remember if it was HCTP or SvR2006 that had it (I skipped the first SvR because I didn't like the changes) totally forgot about the sleeper mechanic, that was good too.

JdFoX187

Banned
I was fine with some of the jank and issues the game had because even with those issues, fatal fourway TLC matches and stuff like that online was always fun. But jesus, there's absolutely no fucking excuse to remove those match types. Fuck 2K.

So I have the PS4 version, and I am really enjoying it. The gaphics are nice, and the stamina effecting player characteristics is really a nice touch. The out of stamina pin is real nice. I am digging the chain stuff too. Very very happy.

If anyone has a sting code I would really really appreciate it.

Just saw a fantastic match between the Usos and Harper/Rowan. The new stamina system really came into play at the end. I wonder how this game is going to play on legendary with some appropriate slider adjustments.

Can't wait to get my hands on this after watching the vids. I'm disappointed by the features that were cut but the impressions and videos have been good so far.

Goddam 2K. TLC matches are the most fun.

TLC matches are still in. I believe you can do a 6 man one in (money in the bank style). The typical 1 on 1 ladder match is out. I think they are just replacing it outright with TLC. That makes sense since most ladder matches in history always end up with tables and chairs involved. Might as well call it what it is.

No handicap sucks for those who liked it though. I don't really see why they didn't include that one. No first blood is a big disappointment as well.

Liquid, can you give us a list of the matchtypes that are available in the game? Especially online?

Online is still locked for me.

Just finished the Cena Punk MITB match from a couple yeas ago, and they nailed it.
The entrance, the finish, it was so much fun. I really am loving this. The commentary was ripped straight from the match.

If anyone has a extra Sting code, hook a brother up.

Cena and I had an amazing back and forth with the chain wrestling. It was epic

strobogo

Banned
Online is still locked for me.

Just finished the Cena Punk MITB match from a couple yeas ago, and they nailed it.
The entrance, the finish, it was so much fun. I really am loving this. The commentary was ripped straight from the match.

They actually didn't nail it. Cena's gear is wrong and I believe Vince's suit is wrong as well.

Hasney

I'm shocked blood is even still, let alone first blood. The lack of the rest of the modes is a fucking disgrace. They've shown 6 man ladder or TLC or whatever matches in ther, but it can't be done with less people? No triple threat or 4 way ladder match would have rendered the game a no purchase from me, even cheap, since most of the fun is on local multiplayer... Cannot believe what a joke they are making this game.

I've said all along that I was expecting stuff cut for the transaction to this gen. But now they've just pointlessly or incompetently left modes out.

strobogo

Banned
If that is our only complaint.......the atmosphere was electric

Well, considering they're supposed to be recreating specific matches exactly, yet have MANY points (especially in HHH vs HBK) where they show the real video and then the game play has guys with different hair or gear is a valid complaint to me.

Well, considering they're supposed to be recreating specific matches exactly, yet have MANY points (especially in HHH vs HBK) where they show the real video and then the game play has guys with different hair or gear is a valid complaint to me.

It's a lot of fun and the match flow is excellent compared to last year. Well at least I am enjoying it.

It's a lot of fun and the match flow is excellent compared to last year. Well at least I am enjoying it.

Glad to hear it, I'm looking forward to it too despite the cut down content, never bought last year's cos was close to ps4 release date so knew wouldn't play it once I had hands on ps4.

I'm still in

Mask

Cancelled my Hulkamania edition, and I can't be the only one who had that idea, because the PS4 version is back in stock on Game, and it wasn't before.

Grabbed a copy of 2K14, and I'll wait for 2K16, or for this to hit sub-£20 price.

Top Bottom