• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Addresses Studio Closures: "I have to run a bussiness"

So Stellar Blade, Astrobot, Phantom Blade, Death Stranding... these games are from California?

No. A full business unit at Sony is 100% committed to fund and develop Asian games that otherwise wouldn't exist, so enough with the SonyToo bulshit.

I was referring to Nintendo.

They're more conservative, long-term oriented with a culture of talent cultivation and retention.

Last edited:

simpatico

When do they start pushing these studios more? Is Microsoft really willing to wait until 2032 for Fallout 5? Is Sony really OK with Naughty Dog backpacking through Europe to find themselves? Are Microsoft shareholders cool with giving the people who work at 343 another $400,000,000? These timetables are insane. You've got indies and A-AA devs cranking out 85% of the scope for 10% of the budget. What about that final 15% of scope costs hundreds of millions of dollars?

I don't believe the hype about the inescapability of these budgets and dev times.

Top Bottom