• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox has reached an agreement with 'Crash Bandicoot,' 'Spyro' dev Toys for Bob for their new game

• Recently, Microsoft acquired Activision-Blizzard-King in a blockbuster $72 billion deal that gave the software giant control over franchises like Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Candy Crush Saga.
  • Included in the acquisition was legendary studio Toys for Bob, who have worked on franchises like Skylanders, Spyro the Dragon, and Crash Bandicoot, across a 30-year history.
  • Last month, Microsoft and Toys for Bob agreed to part ways with the latter spinning out into an independent company.
  • Microsoft retains ownership of Skylanders, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and other properties associated with Activision.
  • Our sources have confirmed that Toys for Bob has now finalized an agreement with Xbox to fund their first title.

Matt Booty, now leading Xbox's game content division, reportedly said that an agreement has now been reached between Xbox and Toys for Bob for their first game as an independent studio. However, he stopped short of describing exactly what it will be, although he did say something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing, "it will be similar to games Toys for Bob has made in the past."

Toys for Bob:

I'm gonna go independent from Activision and Microsoft management, but still use their money to make games.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I still didn't play the Crash remake trilogy, probably should after 4 was disappointing but I think maybe I've just played them all too much.

Spyro trilogy was more engaging to 100% because I don't think I ever did that back then and I hadn't even played 3 at all really.

I've been back to Crash 2 and 3 more than a few times since I originally played them back then, I need something new, so I'm excited to see what they do.

SHA

I hate giving my take on basically nothing, there is no proof the game will end up being bad yet, it's just scepticism, cause you can't make arguments on nothing, there's no evidence, even Microsoft's handsoff approach haven't been proven applicable to this case yet, scepticals just don't want more of this shit and that's a whole different thing.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I hate giving my take on basically nothing, there is no prove the game will end up bad yet, it's just scepticism, cause you can't make arguments on nothing, there's no evidence, even ms handsoff approach haven't proven applicable to this case yet, scepticals just don't want more of this shit and that's a whole different thing.
Those were words.

MagnesD3

lotr-ring.gif

No, it's a great art upgrade.
Looking forward to Spyro 4. They're 100% working on that and it's a better game than Crash too.
I think they understand Spyro better tbh, they didnt make the crash trilogy and I think thats the reason crash 4 collecting content aspect was atrocious and misunderstood the point of it. Good game but no one should ever go for 100%.

Last edited:
I hate giving my take on basically nothing, there is no prove the game will end up bad yet, it's just scepticism, cause you can't make arguments on nothing, there's no evidence, even ms handsoff approach haven't proven applicable to this case yet, scepticals just don't want more of this shit and that's a whole different thing.
I was questioning myself do I actually know English when reading your post. LMAO.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
OK but what would you if the game launch comes but with one who paid actually made so it could be?

zapper

is the Microsoft-Nintendo contract to bring Activision games no longer valid for Toys for Bob at this point? I expect them to work on banjo

I still didn't play the Crash remake trilogy, probably should after 4 was disappointing but I think maybe I've just played them all too much.

Spyro trilogy was more engaging to 100% because I don't think I ever did that back then and I hadn't even played 3 at all really.

I've been back to Crash 2 and 3 more than a few times since I originally played them back then, I need something new, so I'm excited to see what they do.
Isn’t the trilogy still 30fps even on PS5? Same for CTR. Shame.

I don't get this, I thought going indie meant no money from MS for development. Also, why is MS paying for this if not for exclusivity?
It costs MS less money to license the game than does for them to pay for the studio’s complete overhead. Plus multi platform means more money for everyone involved.

Toys for Bob going independent means that they have to take on more of the cost and risks associated being an independent studio.

Techies

I enjoyed Crash bandicoot 4, that said I did play the whole game in VR, not flat.

So my experience differs from the next person, I had a much easier time making jumps, since I had depth perception so apart from the last level that required some annoying tech, I breezed through it.

Top Bottom