• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is now stronger and more alive than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
298dfbe82b2e1e6dfa9d9ad4145e396a.png
Is hard to be called delusional from this crowd ... 😅🤣
So what new big IPs Sony announced/teased for this financial year? Unless there will be major releases shadow drops- which would be an interesting tactic.

Sony had two showcases, one they used for gaas promotion and the other for their second/third party deals... for now they have ZERO first party (not gaas) games announced for this fiscal year (wnd mar/25) people are banking on a new shown/release strategy that has no justification... Im think they are way behind their pipeline, made some wrong choices and will depend on this outside deals until 2025 comes... It does not look good right now.. but if they come swinging with big exclusives for their end of the gen it may be worth it... not going to put my hand on the fire for them right now

Last edited:

Quasicat

I don’t think they are quite there yet, but they are taking steps to get there. Xbox started charging for online and the others followed, Xbox came out with a multi-tiered system allowing a game rental program and the others followed. Both Spencer and Nadela have said over the past five years how they don’t really want console exclusives and started the Xbox Anywhere program placing exclusives on PC. Sony followed suit and started doing the same thing. I truly believe that we will see console exclusives start to disappear, especially when you look at the budgets of these games like we saw with the Insomniac leak and Spider-Man 2.

blakdecaf

If it was as ‘strong as ever’, then it wouldn’t be putting out games on third party platforms.

Basically it’s doing the right thing in order to adapt and survive in a world where they can’t compete on hardware sales. This is a good step for Xbox though. They need to get their software out there.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
During the master system sega ported a few of their biggest games to the nes to stay a float then later made it big on the genesis.

Then completely fucked it all up.

Moral is it. You never know 🤷‍♂️🤣

KungFucius

King Snowflake
This rooting for a company that doesn't care about gamers but only their wallets, is very amusing and at the same time interesting to watch. So many are riled up!

Console wars are amazing.
Xbox does care about my wallet. I get to play whatever I want from them for 10 bucks each month on PC and I can pause my sub if there are big games on PS or Switch or PC that are not on GP.

Ozriel

M$FT
And expansions, keep in mind that a lot of their releases are multiplat releases too. Things like CoD, and the Diablo 4 expansion. Wouldn't even be surprised if they're including the rumoured PS/Switch releases in that.

Just setting expectations to avoid disappointment. They only said "XGS has 10 major releases this year" and the OP literally read that as "They're gonna announce 10 new games in 2024" .

OP’s certainly incorrect to assume the 10 releases means 10 games, but you’re even way worse off the mark to imagine Switch or PlayStation ports are part of that.

Call of Duty is certainly part of that. Not sure why it matters that it’s multiplatform since it’s still a first party release, and will undoubtedly be making a franchise debut on Switch 2 and GamePass.

I don’t think their business is ‘stronger than ever’ as OP says, though.

Three

OP’s certainly incorrect to assume the 10 releases means 10 games, but you’re even way worse off the mark to imagine Switch or PlayStation ports are part of that.

Call of Duty is certainly part of that. Not sure why it matters that it’s multiplatform since it’s still a first party release, and will undoubtedly be making a franchise debut on Switch 2 and GamePass.

I don’t think their business is ‘stronger than ever’ as OP says, though.
I'm way worse off the mark than "they will announce 10 new games in 2024"? Come on man surely even you don't believe that. Nobody said "it matters" that they're multiplatform. I'm just clarifying the OPs misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm way worse off the mark than "they will announce 10 new games in 2024"? Come on man surely even you don't believe that. Nobody said "it matters" that they're multiplatform. I'm just clarifying the OPs misunderstanding.

Yeah. Both of you are well off the mark. They already have 6 games confirmed for 2024 (Avowed, HB2, Flight Sim 2024, Towerborne, Ara, Call of Duty). We know they’re counting the Diablo and Starfield expansions in the list. How would you imagine 4 of that 10 are ports to Switch/PS?

Three

Yeah. Both of you are well off the mark. They already have 6 games confirmed for 2024 (Avowed, HB2, Flight Sim 2024, Towerborne, Ara, Call of Duty). We know they’re counting the Diablo and Starfield expansions in the list. How would you imagine 4 of that 10 are ports to Switch/PS?
Who said they're all releasing this year? I just said "I wouldn't be surprised if" some of the 10 are those releases because I couldn't think of 10 and neither could you. That's not "way worse off the mark" than "they will announce 10 new games in 2024". Get real and try again.

Last edited:

Sanepar

4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.
All this new 10 games will be on pc,ps and switch soon or later so doesn't matter.

S0ULZB0URNE

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.
You have a link showing a new ultra powerful Xbox is coming for christmas?

You have a link where Sony says no new 1st party games are coming in 2024?

angelgs90

Exclusives and physic games are my two main reasons to buy consoles.

Both are disappearing, so there's no point now.

BigLee74

I meant Starfield, my bad
Cool.

In that case…

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks, agreed, bollocks.

You may not like them, they may not have hit heights you were ambitiously expecting, but ‘really bad’? Nah.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Avowed_key_art.jpeg
Indiana_Jones_and_the_Great_Circle-box_art.jpg
Clockwork_Revolution_logo.png
Fable_reboot_logo.png
Blade_logo.png

Microsoft have the exclusives everyone wants to play. The fake rumors made the detractors drop all of their pretense of disinterest.

Not gonna lie. I'm interested in all of these (removed Starfield as this is done)

Clockwork revolution I have a feeling will be a massive surprise, inXile never misses.
Avowed is effectively FPS Pillars of Eternity.. so yes? Yes please.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ok so nothing has changed ?

I mean. They not bowing out the console race etc.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
First of all, OP is slightly delusional. There will absolutely be no new super powerful Xbox hardware this year, and while they may announce 10 games this year, who know's when those games will launch and start making a difference.

That being said, if we're talking about Xbox as a publisher than I agree, Xbox could become stronger than ever as 3rd party publisher. They have so many well known and beloved IP's under their belt now, that as long as they handle things the right way they should become bigger than EA, Take Two and Ubisoft combined.

Xbox as hardware is dead as fuck though.

reinking

Gold Member
4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.
Wrong. They said a couple of community based games. That leaves two that are not.
Wrong. Sony is not releasing first party sequels in 2024.
No. That is not what happened.
I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.
Not one fact was stated but I am glad you are excited for Xbox’s future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom