• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xDefiant (Ubisoft New GaaS) Reveal has been delayed

Draugoth

Gold Member
F8Be7OLW8AACIA6

jorgejjvr

Sucks about the delay. Been itching to go back to this game. Had more fun with it than even the current mw3 beta

Rykan

Is anyone even legitimately looking forward to this?
Not a considerable amount of people, no. Ubi paid a bunch of youtube shills to promote the game for them, but this game stands no chance. Free to Play FPS market is overcrowded enough.

Also, they named it xDefiant. xDefiant.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Well, you're the guy who kept the very small beta thread live so I'm happy that you had fun with the beta :D

Hoping the final game is decent.
Yeah, not sure why people here weren't that into it, it's the most fun I've had in a shooter in a long time. Gunplay, maps, and modes were all great.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Not a considerable amount of people, no. Ubi paid a bunch of youtube shills to promote the game for them, but this game stands no chance. Free to Play FPS market is overcrowded enough.

Also, they named it xDefiant. xDefiant.
It was a originally Tom Clancy's xDefiant. So even worse.

Quite a few since the maps are good and the gameplay is actually fun (my FPS/COD buddies have been saying only positive things about their experience during playtests). The main issue is that MW3 is just around the corner so they fucked up real bad here. Might as well delay it till spring of next year when people start getting bored of the new COD.

jorgejjvr

Honestly a lot of folks said some really good things about the beta that was going around. I was legitimately shocked.
It felt the closest to a feel good old school arcade shooter, in the bane of black ops 2. It was better than the current $70 MW3 (i'm trying this beta as well)

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I am. The cheapest way to play COD before it comes to Game Pass. I liked its beta. While we criticize Ubisoft in many ways, if they provide similar support to this game as they do with Rainbow Six Siege, it could be a competitor to COD.

Bkdk

Ubisoft simply doesn't know what really works anymore. Assassin's creed mirage likely way underperformed. They paused the series for awhile to release that title certainly hoping for something that is closer to AC2's reception and sales but likely nowhere near that. Now they are definitely re evaluating their plans again, seems like looking for buyers as well for their IPs or the whole company.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well, you're the guy who kept the very small beta thread live so I'm happy that you had fun with the beta :D

Hoping the final game is decent.
Not many of us trying to keep the COD beta thread alive and we know its going to sell a shit ton

Oh and yeah I will be playing XDefiant as well, and their camo and attachment grinds make much more sense than CODs

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Times like this makes me so glad I’m not in to GaaS or live service crap.

Last edited:
This is so dead it might as well have been an Xbox exclusive, if it made it out before MW3 then it might have had some legs, but that market's gone now.

Pakoe

This game doesnt have a chance against mw3. They should’ve released this when a majority of criticism was dropped towards mw2. Mw3 seems to give the majority of the players what they want from a cod game so its a done deal.

Saber

Gold Member
Who?
I mean, its hard to even say something when this game barelly has any presence. Might be the first time I ever heard of it.

jorgejjvr

This game doesnt have a chance against mw3. They should’ve released this when a majority of criticism was dropped towards mw2. Mw3 seems to give the majority of the players what they want from a cod game so its a done deal.
I'll jump in day 1 the moment it releases

I rather play XDefiant than this SBMM COD garbage. Just enjoy your honeymoon week or two with COD. Like always people will start complaining. In the end I haven't paid a dime for XDefiant.🤷🏼‍♂️

The Content for normal 6vs 6 was a joke in the previous game garbage and most content will be for Warzone or other crap.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

I rather play XDefiant than this SBMM COD garbage. Just enjoy your honeymoon week or two with COD. Like always people will start complaining. In the end I haven't paid a dime for XDefiant.🤷🏼‍♂️

The Content for normal 6vs 6 was a joke in the previous game garbage and most content will be for Warzone or other crap.
Yes sir. Same

No sbmm is awesome in Xdefiant. Lobbies can also stick together in Xdefiant unlike cod. Oh and a traditional prestige system.

It's a new game with new content. Mw3 is a $70 dlc/patch. What people complained about mw2 is fixed here at $70, and a rehash of old maps

Last edited:

Neolombax

Smart of them, since they missed the window to release it before MW3, better not be in direct competition. Fun game, still am looking forward to it.

manfestival

I mean honestly. This game does seem very appealing to me and I enjoyed the time that I had when I was playing it sometime back. Looking forward to trying it. However, it is a shame that the game is that bad right now that they had to go through all of that

8BiTw0LF

Banned
XDefiant feels like Blops2. Fast-paced, decent TTK and fun. Everyone who likes arcade shooters should be hyped for XDefiant.

Oh yeah and no skill-based matchmaking - and ranked playlists for the competitive crowd.

CoD has strayed too far away from the fun arcade shooter it used to be. Now there's 100 attachments for each weapon and no Activision CoD studio can make decent maps anymore (fight me?!) - and to be honest, the whole grey and brown setting with "Middleast are bad buy Doritos and Mtd. Dew" propaganda is just fucking old at this point.

Top Bottom