• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

xDefiant (Ubisoft New GaaS) Reveal has been delayed

Pakoe

Miyamoto quote about delayed game here lol

It's going to be fine. What's up with all the doom and gloom

It's a free game anyone can try, less barrier to entry
I hope itll be fine. We need a cod competitor, that game been dead for years and i need something to scratch the itch.

This game is Stillborn. We will probably be playing GTA 6 before this gets released. Another one on its way to the gaming graveyard.

For the record I would love a COD Killer or at least a worthy competitor. I tried to love the Beta but it doesn't have that special something that COD has, especially with its guns. Also to compete It doesn't have to be a military shooter but it needs to be grounded. We have enough space shooters, fortnite clones, and games designed by a committee of colored hair individuals to homogenize the final product so we cant tell them apart.

TLDR - XDefiant is a flightless bird flapping its wings but will never take flight.

Last edited:

RickMasters

This game is gonna flop. Remember I said that.

Ubisoft just need to make a new rainbow six vegas and we will all be happy.

RickMasters

XDefiant feels like Blops2. Fast-paced, decent TTK and fun. Everyone who likes arcade shooters should be hyped for XDefiant.

Oh yeah and no skill-based matchmaking - and ranked playlists for the competitive crowd.

CoD has strayed too far away from the fun arcade shooter it used to be. Now there's 100 attachments for each weapon and no Activision CoD studio can make decent maps anymore (fight me?!) - and to be honest, the whole grey and brown setting with "Middleast are bad buy Doritos and Mtd. Dew" propaganda is just fucking old at this point.
That’s the problem. It don’t do enough stand out from COD.

Is anyone even legitimately looking forward to this?

Not a considerable amount of people, no. Ubi paid a bunch of youtube shills to promote the game for them, but this game stands no chance. Free to Play FPS market is overcrowded enough.

Also, they named it xDefiant. xDefiant.

Just about every COD you tuber that I've been subbed to for years has had several videos of positive coverage for this game, and they were not ads. Content creators have to disclose ad partnerships or the sponsor and the channel can get into trouble. A lot of people in the COD community like the game.

As for the free to play FPS market, there is no free to play 6 vs 6 shooter available now. The closest thing is an optional playlist on Apex, with a very limited set of maps and a random selection of modes that don't even let you pick what game type you'll be playing. It's crap. The next closest is Overwatch, but that plays nothing like COD. There is no overcrowded f2p market for this type of game, because the sort of gameplay being offered here doesn't currently exist in the f2p space.

I guess PC gamers have Shatterline. But until that hits console, there really won't be any f2p competition.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

From Mark, I'm okay with it

If only other devs were this transparent

BA1A45G.png

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The name of this game is pure cringe.

They should have just one better and called it simply "X" or "Xtreme Fighters".

Top Bottom