• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOasis

Stuck on final chapter boss:
I'm using a team of level 30 skells against luxaar's Vita but he always wipes out my team when activates his shield during the second phase of the fight

Do i need to get level 50 skells?

ryushe

Stumbled into the quest that lets you redesign your character. After messing around in there again, I actually kind of wish I could save a layout or two. I like her current appearance and would want to go back, but I also kind of want to do something completely different and ridiculous just for a while. Obviously I could just remake her, but it'll never be the exact same colours and everything.
Unless that machine doesn't have the same features as you have at the start of the game when you're creating your character, I'm almost positive you can save layouts.

dragn

Stuck on final chapter boss:
I'm using a team of level 30 skells against luxaar's Vita but he always wipes out my team when activates his shield during the second phase of the fight

Do i need to get level 50 skells?

i had 1 50 skell and the whole fight was pretty easy, only at the end
i got almost one shot when fighting without skells

lmao @ My Angel, My Lana quest.
Yeah, just got that quest myself earlier. This game man, this game! xD
Wish there was just an option to tell her to get lost and take care of her shit herself if she cares so much about those littlepon that she'll apparently be having and conveniently claims to care about so much. Bitch, your boyfriend that you're cheating on is my client, not you--I saved you from the giant horsies of doom, which is all I signed up for. And now you just suddenly claim to be pregnant to dig your claws into another guy's life who clearly wants to bail as well (but if I got it right, he's a cheating asshole himself right? So fuck him too, though at least good on him for wanting to stick with his littlepon if that part of the quest is true), but want me to farm enemies and get TWELVE drops for you, from enemies in Caludros in particular?

Girl, you crazy! Get out of here with that! I seriously just peaced out and moved onto my next sidequest when that came up even though I'm kinda curious how that all pans out, because no way am I going through that much trouble to help a terrible Nopon like her or her lover. I'm not even sure I could muster that kind of effort even for the characters I do like.

Seriously though, the sidequests in this game are just nuts sometimes--even when I hate them, I still love how crazy some of this stuff gets.

But as I get farther into this game, and have started really refining my build, other than some of the stuff involving how Skells work (which would be my main complaint about the game), there's something really minor that's becoming a pet peeve due to how prevalent it is that I don't really believe I've seen anyone bring up. I'm currently running a Galactic Knight build focused on Photo Saber melee combo arts. However, the Photon Saber, as a melee weapon, is the "secondary" weapon for my character. What that means is that during tons of cutscene in the game or after I die and the game respawns me, or any other time control gets taken away from me like that, I seem to get switched back to my Psycho Launchers as my default active weapon, since the game defaults to ranged weapons apparently. Now granted, it's not a big problem at all cause switching back to my Photon Saber just involves one press of X, but it's just one of those annoying things that adds up and becomes more and more annoying with time, especially since I practically have no use whatsoever for my ranged weapons at this point and am always just constantly switching back to melee anyway and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to choose what your "default" weapon is anyway. Am I alone in this?

But otherwise, aside from lots of odd stuff about the Skell system, this game is amazing, really. :D Just beat Chapter 10 and having a blast with it~

Golnei

Unless that machine doesn't have the same features as you have at the start of the game when you're creating your character, I'm almost positive you can save layouts.

I had heard you could do that, but I wasn't sure how - is it just a matter of pressing X at the right screen, like every other mechanic that gets passed over?

I had heard you could do that, but I wasn't sure how - is it just a matter of pressing X at the right screen, like every other mechanic that gets passed over?

Yeah, press X to open the sub menu.

Edit: And I check the submenus all the time, too. But it never occurred to me to check in the character creator.

jonjonaug

So (secret character spoilers),
Mia's affinity quest ended up being one of my favorite ones in the game. Totally made that last leg of her recruitment quest and having to level her up to four hearts after being finished with almost everything else in the game worth it

I'm up to 96% survey with only a few real sidequests left in the game (looking at my achievement list it's around 4-5 or so) and fuck the two superbosses. I tried putting together that hyper railgun build, but I'm only now realizing just how insane this is after like 15 hours of grinding and being only about a third done with it (still need like 15 more ultrafauna gems to even have a shot at taking the Telethia down). Does anyone know of a guide to taking down Telethia and Pharsis with the least amount of grinding possible?

jonjonaug

what FN do you find a tyrant that drops a Katana level 60?

How I got the one I used:
In the postgame there's an enemy called "The Strongest Prone" right by the probe that's near Scabland Fortress. He's not hostile unless you attack him first. I would recommend loading up an Ares with a bunch of anti-humanoid XX augments and just one-shotting him, because doing his fight the proper way is kinda hard.

Ulysses 31

In the postgame there's an enemy called "The Strongest Prone" right by the probe that's near Scabland Fortress. He's not hostile unless you attack him first. I would recommend loading up an Ares with a bunch of anti-humanoid XX augments and just one-shotting him, because doing his fight the proper way is kinda hard.

He could also be asking about the
Chimera that escaped from the Lifehold
that's hiding in the Vitriol Cesspool in Noctulem. >.>

That one you have to fight on foot.

What's the easiest way to get the Ares 90? I really hate how much bullshit you have to go through before you can obtain anything of real value in this game.

jonjonaug

What's the easiest way to get the Ares 90? I really hate how much bullshit you have to go through before you can obtain anything of real value in this game.

First off, stack as much Treasure Sensor gear as possible on your party whenever you go farming for items. You can buy this from the shop, I believe it's Candid and Candice that has that variety of armor.

Next, look here. It has a listing of enemies with a decently completed list of items that they drop: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Get the advanced core by breaking the legs of Xe-Doms (almost a guaranteed drop from the legs). There's some weaker level 45-ish ones in Sylvalum, use the guide to find where they are. After you kill it, just exit your Skell and use Party->Return to Skell to refresh the enemy. Getting all of those should only take a few minutes.

Genuine Lens and Seidr Control Device can be found on any of the Seidr's flying above Cauldros. Genuine Lens just about always drops, while the Control Devices can be turned into a guaranteed drop by breaking their heads. Getting enough materials from these guys should take about 15-20 minutes.

The heart, masks and vita cores are more tricky. The heart only drops from a hidden level 97 superboss that will almost certainly one-shot you as you are now, or the periodical global nemesis fight (extremely rare drop). The Vita Cores drop semi-frequently from the Vita time attack fight, and the Masks drop rarely from the Twins time attack fight. For these three items it's best to use the tickets you get from online play. You'll need a little over four thousand tickets per Ares. If you have a good stock of blade medals this also shouldn't take too long to get by breaking parts on the global nemesis.

The total time it should take you to farm up your first Ares should only be about a couple of hours. Each Ares after that, if you want to give them to your party members too, should only take about one hour to make since you can kill stuff so fast afterward. IMO it's actually far quicker to grind out an Ares than most of the other level 60 mechs.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I feel like the mask drop rate is really poor. You should just buy the first 4 items with tickets and grind the Xe-dom and Siedr enemies for the rest.

Make sure you have a lot of Mechanoid XX augments on your mech or that Xe-dom is gonna wipe you pretty fast.

Ulysses 31

First off, stack as much Treasure Sensor gear as possible on your party whenever you go farming for items. You can buy this from the shop, I believe it's Candid and Candice that has that variety of armor.

Next, look here. It has a listing of enemies with a decently completed list of items that they drop: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#...the Masks drop rarely from the Twins time attack fight.

Wasn't that rare when I farmed them. 0o

Was like a 50% drop chance and it always dropped 2 when it did.

Chapter 12 !

woooo at
credits

I was overpowered and it was a cake walk until
all Skells lost juice but I worked hard to be stronger on foot still I felt cheated when the final sliver of the boss was stuck he would not die I was getting close to dying so I ran to the Skell it had full power again - this all to less time than I though could not even close to a 2 minute fight

He could also be asking about the
Chimera that escaped from the Lifehold
that's hiding in the Vitriol Cesspool in Noctulem. >.>

That one you have to fight on foot.

thank you both now I got goals for year's end

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Chapter 12 !

woooo at
credits

I was overpowered and it was a cake walk until
all Skells lost juice but I worked hard to be stronger on foot still I felt cheated when the final sliver of the boss was stuck he would not die I was getting close to dying so I ran to the Skell it had full power again - this all to less time than I though could not even close to a 2 minute fight
Now you'll never know the true feeling of accomplishment. :p

Next, look here. It has a listing of enemies with a decently completed list of items that they drop: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...V4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#

Get the advanced core by breaking the legs of Xe-Doms (almost a guaranteed drop from the legs). There's some weaker level 45-ish ones in Sylvalum, use the guide to find where they are. After you kill it, just exit your Skell and use Party->Return to Skell to refresh the enemy. Getting all of those should only take a few minutes.

Genuine Lens and Seidr Control Device can be found on any of the Seidr's flying above Cauldros. Genuine Lens just about always drops, while the Control Devices can be turned into a guaranteed drop by breaking their heads. Getting enough materials from these guys should take about 15-20 minutes.

The heart, masks and vita cores are more tricky. The heart only drops from a hidden level 97 superboss that will almost certainly one-shot you as you are now, or the periodical global nemesis fight (extremely rare drop). The Vita Cores drop semi-frequently from the Vita time attack fight, and the Masks drop rarely from the Twins time attack fight. For these three items it's best to use the tickets you get from online play. You'll need a little over four thousand tickets per Ares. If you have a good stock of blade medals this also shouldn't take too long to get by breaking parts on the global nemesis.

The total time it should take you to farm up your first Ares should only be about a couple of hours. Each Ares after that, if you want to give them to your party members too, should only take about one hour to make since you can kill stuff so fast afterward. IMO it's actually far quicker to grind out an Ares than most of the other level 60 mechs.

This does seem like the lesser of two evils, so I may just go with this.

Amalthea

Banned
Is there any way to make your braindead team mates use those huge multi-cannon Skell weapons or did I waste all those reward tickets on equipment they won't use?

Now you'll never know the true feeling of accomplishment. :p

I do feel it because this was my second try I messed up first time after beating
phase one and got to the segment where he had a shield up I started dying then
I noticed because I could not take
Nagi
I forgot to give that Skell to the lower leveled replacement Celica

since I spent days leveling up that other character I could not take, I decided to give it a few more days I hit return to title and raised Celica to 60 I could have chosen someone else but I like her

I worked hard for the cake walk so I feel proud :3

So awhile back I accidentally bought a Gravity Longsword instead of Gravity Dual Blades, which screwed up my main's art list so I decided to just use the Longsword arts for a bit and now I am having a lot of fun with them. Not a great pair with Assault Rifles like the Dual Blades were though.

I also only now realized after over 80 ours of playing that using a Blue TP Aura seems to increase your TP gain in such a way that it makes up for the cost of using it (I could be wrong and it's just placebo though, it's always hard to tell with this game).

jonjonaug

So awhile back I accidentally bought a Gravity Longsword instead of Gravity Dual Blades, which screwed up my main's art list so I decided to just use the Longsword arts for a bit and now I am having a lot of fun with them. Not a great pair with Assault Rifles like the Dual Blades were though.

I also only now realized after over 80 ours of playing that using a Blue TP Aura seems to increase your TP gain in such a way that it makes up for the cost of using it (I could be wrong and it's just placebo though, it's always hard to tell with this game).

Depends on the aura and associated skills that you use. Aura+Tornado Blade can put you straight into overdrive if you're surrounded by enough enemies.

Longsword + Assault Rifle isn't as good as Longsword + Dual Guns, but Infuriate + Rising Blade is a pretty good combo until late/post-game that still dishes out a good amount of damage.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I hope we get a new Xenoblade game for the NX with Skells and stuff. It will be so amazing. I also want XC and XCX remastered for the NX.

oni-link

25 hours in now and starting to enjoy it a lot more

This might be a stupid question but how do I get to Sylvalum?

I have an affinity quest there but can't figure out how to get there, I tried going to the top of Noctilum but got stuck, and it's a long way from anywhere else on the map

Do I need a Skell? If so I'm stuck as I need to beat this mission before going back to the story

Golnei

25 hours in now and starting to enjoy it a lot more

This might be a stupid question but how do I get to Sylvalum?

I have an affinity quest there but can't figure out how to get there, I tried going to the top of Noctilum but got stuck, and it's a long way from anywhere else on the map

Do I need a Skell? If so I'm stuck as I need to beat this mission before going back to the story

You'll have to swim. You can follow the path of raised sandbanks leading there off the Northpointe Beach of Primordia, but you'll be doing a lot of swimming either way.

like pretty much everything ...in the OP ...right at the top :)

I looked guess I was too sleepy I was up all night grinding for Ch12 :)

thanks for the link guys

Don't think I'll use the spoiler thread if it is half complaining about the game and story

loved it and going to work at it for a few more months

Kaname

What's the stat to increase to boost skell's arts damage? Potential? And melee/ranged atk only boosts auto attacks or what?
I'm still not sure if I understand stats correctly :(

oni-link

You'll have to swim. You can follow the path of raised sandbanks leading there off the Northpointe Beach of Primordia, but you'll be doing a lot of swimming either way.

Ah thanks

I've tried to reach a few places by swimming around to them, and it's always resulted in 10mins of swimming before I realise there won't be a beach at the other side, so I didn't think it would let me just swim there

Griss

It's installing! Just in time for Christmas, all according to keikaku. Before then I have a half day of work, then sushi with friends, then golf, then a Christmas dinner... then Xenoblade.

Kinda wish I just had a free day to play, but starting a new game at night is always the best way and you gotta be sociable at Christmas.

I do wish I hadn't seen so many spoilers for the zones, though. I tried to avoid watching any videos but it was impossible to avoid everything. Just wandering into the console screenshot thread spoiled some of the scenery for me. And from what I've seen, going into this completely fresh would have been a mind-blowing experience. Oh well, on the other hand I just finished up Fallout 4 last night, and that game was utter bollocks that looked liked condensed butt, so I'm thinking Xenoblade will seem twice as good in comparison.

What's the stat to increase to boost skell's arts damage? Potential? And melee/ranged atk only boosts auto attacks or what?
I'm still not sure if I understand stats correctly :(

(almost) the same as ground ones
1. melee or range,
2. one of the 6 elements (physical, ether, thermal, electric, gravity and err... i forgot)
3. enemy type advantages
extra: potential for overdrive damage increase

How does treasure sensor work? Should I equip it on everone on my team or it only works on one member?

The more pieces you have, the more likely you'll get yellows/oranges, the more likely it'll actually be 'high level,' and the more likely each mob will drop multiple items.

If you are skelling, then yea, the entire team.

(almost) the same as ground ones
1. melee or range,
2. one of the 6 elements (physical, ether, thermal, electric, gravity and err... i forgot)
3. enemy type advantages
extra: potential for overdrive damage increase

I personally have not seen +range/melee attack do much of anything for arts in a skell.

I usually just stack Attribute, Position, Slayer, and CritUp, for dmg anyway.

Narras

I've finally got the flight module for Skells! Woot! Flying around is so much fun and so much better than that awkward driving some Skells do.

Also, a lot of these small quests are rather dark. Latest quest I did was the
murderous Army Pizza Guy
. Yeesh.

I've finally got the flight module for Skells! Woot! Flying around is so much fun and so much better than that awkward driving some Skells do.

Also, a lot of these small quests are rather dark. Latest quest I did was the
murderous Army Pizza Guy
. Yeesh.

this is a major turn off for me too my affi-chart is full of Xs
I see dead people... some of them you can save by luck, others you just watch them die

too dark

Xenoboy

I recently finished Chapter 7 and a few other quests.
And holy crap at that "Seminar" quest. What happens if
you just observe instead of helping stopping Alex?

ys45

You guys are scaring me with those last boss comments .... What lvl should I be for last chapter ?
I'm planning to be 50 (currently 46 at chapter 10) Chapter 9 boss was kinda hard I managed to beat the
First phase
with my main character still standing at half HP

I'm also planning to get at least 2 lvl 50 Skells even though I'm only getting 92k per tick , I will work on my research probes setup and get more .

The more pieces you have, the more likely you'll get yellows/oranges, the more likely it'll actually be 'high level,' and the more likely each mob will drop multiple items.

There might be a hard cap on treasure sensor making always getting yellow drops impossible (or if there isn't 400%+ won't be enough) but it is still very worthwhile even when using the shop gear and treasure sensor V augments. I need to scout some geared up players if they exist to experiment here.

I personally have not seen +range/melee attack do much of anything for arts in a skell.

I usually just stack Attribute, Position, Slayer, and CritUp, for dmg anyway.

it does affect, but the apparent effect is smaller than the other stuff considering adding more melee/range is additive while adding more attribute etc is multiplicative. if the base melee/range is low, no matter how high your multiplicative bonus from attribute/weakness/positional the output will be still quite low

oh yea i forgot about position in my original post haha

einer51

Will the game get hard if I'm at chapter 9 but level 41 with lvl 30 skells? If I use level 30 skells the rest of the way and avoid leveling, will the difficulty rise in the later chapters?

I farmed for a sniper rifle for my skell and it just broke any sense of difficulty with how fast I leveled. I've sworn off G busters as a side note.

Jrmint

Guys is there a list of the best Arts to level up for Elma and Lin? Whenever I go to level up Arts for them I kinda randomly pick stuff which I'm sure I could be doing better.

Also there's no option to auto level them is there?

Haunted

Will the game get hard if I'm at chapter 9 but level 41 with lvl 30 skells? If I use level 30 skells the rest of the way and avoid leveling, will the difficulty rise in the later chapters?

I farmed for a sniper rifle for my skell and it just broke any sense of difficulty with how fast I leveled. I've sworn off G busters as a side note.
If you want to stay on pace with the main story chapters, you should look towards the level requirements of the required affinity missions for guidance. Chapter 9, (for example) has a minimum requirement of lvl 28 while chapter 10 can be done at lvl 33.

That said, I personally had quite a bit of trouble with chapter 10 at level 45+ with lvl 30 skells, so if you've been overleveled for past story missions and are looking to increase the challenge, the best way is probably to take future story quests as early as possible.

I recently finished Chapter 7 and a few other quests.
And holy crap at that "Seminar" quest. What happens if
you just observe instead of helping stopping Alex?
I mean, it doesn't take a genius to predict what happens then. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom