• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza (0/Kiwami 1&2) | Xbox Game Pass Announcement Trailer (Early 2020)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I have never buyed a PlayStation.. :)

The 0 Is the First Yakuza to play?
Yes play that first. One of my favorite games all gen.

This is great news for people that haven't played the games yet, but of course you'll have people like brap brap being party poopers. I hope your consoles break and you're stuck with a Wii U all winter.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I have never buyed a PlayStation.. :)

The 0 Is the First Yakuza to play?
They're on PC too. And yes people say to start with 0.

Yes play that first. One of my favorite games all gen.

This is great news for people that haven't played the games yet, but of course you'll have people like brap brap being party poopers. I hope your consoles break and you're stuck with a Wii U all winter.
Good, Tropical Freeze sounds nice right now.

XCyhBfN.gif

drganon

Cool. I got a coworker who only has an xbox but does have gamepass. I'll finally be able to talk to someone in real life about the awesomeness that is the yakuza series.

Flintty

No excuse for me to not try these games now. Thought about trying them on PC before but wasn’t sure I’d like them. Great announcement - Gamepass still winning, haters still whining!

Rodolink

I personally prefer to play in the order of release (of the original ones) so I played first Kiwami 1 & 2 still have to play 0 though. Then Ill continute with 3,4,5,6 when I get the collection next February. :pie_raybans:

I personally prefer to play in the order of release (of the original ones) so I played first Kiwami 1 & 2 still have to play 0 though. Then Ill continute with 3,4,5,6 when I get the collection next February. :pie_raybans:

In terms of game design, you probably made the right choice.
Kiwami does feel like a big step back after Zero.

Kiwami 2 is on a new engine though, and it's great. :<

nowhat

In terms of game design, you probably made the right choice.
Kiwami does feel like a big step back after Zero.

Kiwami 2 is on a new engine though, and it's great. :<
I think playing Zero first (which is where I started, now working my way through 4 after Zero->Kiwami->Kiwami 2->6->3 - I guess you could say I like the series) has a lot of merit. It gives much more context to the characters and is a great entry point for the series overall. Just don't play Zero and Kiwami back-to-back, the former is just superior in pretty much every way so it makes Kiwami feel worse than it really is.

Naked Lunch

Very cool news - Phil said in his brief on stage interview this was one of the results of his recent trips to Tokyo.

Im only seeing mention of Game Pass - surely these will also be available for individual purchase digitally?

Top Bottom