• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Does Yumi show up at all in this game? I'm on chapter 9 so far.

Was really hoping they would flesh her out too. I know she gets mentioned earlier on that's she's still at orphanage going to high school

Mobius 1

Waited years to get into this franchise, and last night I stayed until 2AM to see things through the bitter end.

I'm all in now, just in time for Kiwami!

RPGCrazied

Getting this next week, along with the first remake. Excited. I remember playing a demo for the 3rd game awhile back and liked it, but was put off by how many games and the prices. There was no remakes at the time too, so the first 2 games was PS2 only.

9NHJtuGha.gif

RPGCrazied

Aww, reading through reviews, I'm seeing this has screen tearing. How bad is it on a base PS4? I don't mind some, but if its every time you turn the camera will be a bummer.

Are all Yakuza games like that?

The God

I'm working on club jupiter and making around 25m in profit (I just got the second platinum hostess not too long ago) Does that sound right? I wanna make sure I'm maximizing profit cuz it feels like you can make a lot more in Kiryu's real estate game

Aww, reading through reviews, I'm seeing this has screen tearing. How bad is it on a base PS4? I don't mind some, but if its every time you turn the camera will be a bummer.

Are all Yakuza games like that?

For 0 and Kiwami screen tearing is only found in a couple of points on the map (Theatre Square is the one that springs to mind), and that's mainly if your quickly running and moving the camera all over the place. If your moving slower your far less likely to see any. Pretty much other area should be ok, back when I did my base PS4 playthrough I only remember seeing consistent problems in that one area, and that's only for a brief moment.
Boost mode via the PS4 Pro completely eliminates screen tearing though, really glad my second playthrough on the game was on my Pro!

I'm working on club jupiter and making around 25m in profit (I just got the second platinum hostess not too long ago) Does that sound right? I wanna make sure I'm maximizing profit cuz it feels like you can make a lot more in Kiryu's real estate game

Sounds about right. Bare in mind the more fans you get in an area = better paying customers, so its worth getting a fair few fans before doing the club battle challenges to ensure victory. Also as you tackle later areas you'll get more money, but you'll never make close to what Kiryu can make via Real Estate. But you unlock a side story at one point where you'll be able to transfer money from one character to the other, which makes it easier to get Majima levelled up.

The God

For 0 and Kiwami screen tearing is only found in a couple of points on the map (Theatre Square is the one that springs to mind), and that's mainly if your quickly running and moving the camera all over the place. If your moving slower your far less likely to see any. Pretty much other area should be ok, back when I did my base PS4 playthrough I only remember seeing consistent problems in that one area, and that's only for a brief moment.
Boost mode via the PS4 Pro completely eliminates screen tearing though, really glad my second playthrough on the game was on my Pro!

Sounds about right. Bare in mind the more fans you get in an area = better paying customers, so its worth getting a fair few fans before doing the club battle challenges to ensure victory. Also as you tackle later areas you'll get more money, but you'll never make close to what Kiryu can make via Real Estate. But you unlock a side story at one point where you'll be able to transfer money from one character to the other, which makes it easier to get Majima levelled up.

Thanks man

I'm on chapter 15, trying to finish it up before Kiwami comes out. How many hours do i have left?

Still quite a few. At least 3-4 hours I think.

The finale in particular is a LOONNNG continuous thing so make sure you've saved and have the time for it. It tells you in pretty plain and clear words that there's "no coming back" so you'll know when it happens and can plan accordingly.

Also know that there's a post credits scene.

Sarek

Why is kiriyu's dad named fuma in y3 the english translation when you can clearly hear the voice actors calling him kazuma?

Why is kiriyu's dad named fuma in y3 the english translation when you can clearly hear the voice actors calling him kazuma?

Because they really fucked up with the localizations in that respect. It's only from Y4-onwards that they stopped making stupid changes like names and stopped removing content.

RPGCrazied

That doesn't sound to bad, though there should be no games on PS4 that has screen tearing.

You know, people sometimes talk about the tonal shift between the main story and the side stuff but it just dawned on me that Kiryu's biggest out-of-character moment is right at the start of 0 when he violently beats up that poor guy. Unless the dude got over the top angry at Kiryu's collection attempt like so many Yakuza NPCs do, that wasn't really the japanese Superman Kiryu we all know and love.

tonypark

This would be my first yakuza game and i am waiting for a good special to jump in. Is it possible to stick to the main story and ingore all the side content without having a major impact on my enjoyment?
Also how long is it if i only do main missions?

late game spoilers

i know its a call back to that bit in the first game but kiryu blasting ~40 people on the highway and shooting down a helicopter felt a bit much when the drama around the empty lot started with a single murder

This would be my first yakuza game and i am waiting for a good special to jump in. Is it possible to stick to the main story and ingore all the side content without having a major impact on my enjoyment?
Also how long is it if i only do main missions?
Yes, you can plow through the main story. I'd still recommend playing the substories and sidequests as they're incredibly hilarious and a lot of fun but it's your call.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=43056

The God

Wow I'm kinda salty the game kept an entire
fighting style
as a secret unlockable. I think I'm almost at the end and I just got it

SilentRob

I have a reallly weird question:

I think I read at some point that there is one specific item you should have in your inventory. I have no idea why - I think it possibly had something to do with starting a substory or something along those lines...could be something completely different, though. But because I have no idea what to search for, I just can't find out anything about this.

Am I crazy? Did I just dream that up? Help.

I have a reallly weird question:

I think I read at some point that there is one specific item you should have in your inventory. I have no idea why - I think it possibly had something to do with starting a substory or something along those lines...could be something completely different, though. But because I have no idea what to search for, I just can't find out anything about this.

Am I crazy? Did I just dream that up? Help.

Probably thinking of pocket tissues, which it's useful to have for the stop-and-search cop substory.

danowat

Banned
Anyone got a decent roster for the club moon battle?, I keep coming so, so close, but just can't get it.

Club moons special power is devastating!!!

Does Zero run on the same engine as 6?

No. This one runs on the old PS3 engine, so it doesn't look as nice, plus you have load times each you enter a shop. However, this game runs at 60FPS and not 30FPS like 6 does, so its way smoother (and its so wonderful!).

Anyone got a decent roster for the club moon battle?, I keep coming so, so close, but just can't get it.

Club moons special power is devastating!!!

I use all the platinum girls I have at the time (5 I think?), the obatarian woman (the woman with the purple hair, she's brilliant!), the girl you get from the Maharaja dance quest side story (also really good) and then just pick another gold girl that is highly leveled. Plus make sure you have got tons of fans in the club moon area. I had around 30,000 fans when I got round to doing the club battle and managed to beat him first time, with twice the amount of money he had!

danowat

Banned
Plus make sure you have got tons of fans in the club moon area. I had around 30,000 fans when I got round to doing the club battle and managed to beat him first time, with twice the amount of money he had!

What does having more fans do to the mini game?, I thought the fan level was just the gate to the battle.

The God

What does having more fans do to the mini game?, I thought the fan level was just the gate to the battle.

The more fans you have = the richer your customers are = the more money they spend

make sure to partner with the shops in the city for each area

I gather Yakuza 6 will offer PS4 Pro support? Does anyone have data on OG PS4, such as resolution/fps?

https://youtu.be/KYqme2LrFVc

Watching a video and the engine transition is amazing for PS3 to PS4. It's a massive upgrade. All the lighting,texturing and now PBR work is tremendous for a series that has lots of titles in a short run.

My apologies. I thought this was the Yakuza community thread.

I gather Yakuza 6 will offer PS4 Pro support? Does anyone have data on OG PS4, such as resolution/fps?

https://youtu.be/KYqme2LrFVc

Watching a video and the engine transition is amazing for PS3 to PS4. It's a massive upgrade. All the lighting,texturing and now PBR work is tremendous for a series that has lots of titles in a short run.

My apologies. I thought this was the Yakuza community thread.
Apparently the game suffer from noticeable frame drops and screen tearing on OG PS4. The PS4 Pro version doesn't have those problems.

danowat

Banned
The more fans you have = the richer your customers are = the more money they spend

make sure to partner with the shops in the city for each area

So basically just keep grinding till your roster levels and you get loads of fans, I already have all the shops, bar the bar.

So basically just keep grinding till your roster levels and you get loads of fans, I already have all the shops, bar the bar.

Basically yeah. You don't need your hostesses to be at max level, they should naturally level up pretty high just by playing though. Once you hit around 30,000 fans you should be getting on average 110,000,000 Yen per run (or around that), so you should be able to scrape a win from the Club Moon battle. Just keep in mind, while doing the club battle to use the "give girl a gift" option if their health took a hit, so you can keep their morale up.

Anyone have any tips on making the most money per fight in the Bed of Styx? I haven't lost a fight, but it is going to take another 20-30 tournaments just to get higher than Rank B. Endless Routs don't seem to make too much either. Am I just doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Anyone have any tips on making the most money per fight in the Bed of Styx? I haven't lost a fight, but it is going to take another 20-30 tournaments just to get higher than Rank B. Endless Routs don't seem to make too much either. Am I just doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Nah, your not doing anything wrong. Far as I can see the target for the last two arena tournaments is just way to high to unlock them. I've had a look into how much money you can get from each of the normal tournaments and its peanuts compared to what you need. Endless mode does seem like it might work if you can get some decent money from the later tournaments (I think I managed to get 33 mil in 5 minutes, which isn't awful). I'll play around some tonight on it and let you know if I figure out a way of making decent cash, else I'm just not going to bother fighting the last 3 opponents, since I'm not grinding that much (else I'll start having flashbacks to the Yakuza 5 arena!)

Top Bottom