• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Y'all have to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangace

carpool.jpg

might be old

You could photoshop that. The ocean ripple effect in PS can give you distortion like that. If it is PS it is well done. Unless there was significant wind out the pool would be pretty still.

mattx5

Guys, it's real, I remember reading the news story a few weeks ago. Somebody drove their van through the neighbors fence and into the pool.

vangace

Warm Machine said:
You could photoshop that. The ocean ripple effect in PS can give you distortion like that. If it is PS it is well done. Unless there was significant wind out the pool would be pretty still.

but look at the guy in the background taking a picture, it means there was something in the pool

jiggle

I'm no pool expert, but does a relatively calm pool usually have so many ripples, when there's no, from what I can tell, heavy wind blowing?

Ferrio

Banned
Story was posted here awhile back. Supposably some woman was being taught how to drive by her husband, and she smashed through some person's fence and straight into the pool.

fbcamp said:
How did it get it in so perfectly? Looks like it was parked in the pool intentionaly.

Actaully why is the door or a window not open? If someone put it in there they would have to get out. It seems near impossible to get out from the passenger's side.

jiggle said:
I'm no pool expert, but does a relatively calm pool usually have so many ripples, when there's no, from what I can tell, heavy wind blowing?

it could also be from the pool's cleaning system? whirpools? or something like that.

vangace said:
but look at the guy in the background taking a picture, it means there was something in the pool

Yeah, but if it is all a setup that is a nice touch.

If it is real, the water displacement probably dried off in the hours between when the vehicle sank and when the crane arrived. As well, the pool is probably filled to a constant level by the pump or whatever that controls it which explains why the pool looks full but not to bursting nor too low.

Burger

belgurdo said:
How can there be a van in the pool and the pool hasn't been partially emptied by the displacement?

Don't most pools have an overflow valve ?? Like in the bath or sink, too much water and it flows out the gap to be drained off.

I mean, what the fuck do you do when it rains ?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Ferrio said:
Story was posted here awhile back. Supposably some woman was being taught how to drive by her husband, and she smashed through some person's fence and straight into the pool.
Yeah, but wouldn't there be some damage to the car and/or pool? That car looks like it went straight from the factory into the pool.

Burger

Error Macro said:
Are the front windows down? Why are all the doors closed? Like they climbed out and then shut the doors?

I heard you cannot open a door when a car is underwater. You can't tell if the front windows are up or down, my guess = down.

robochimp

You wouldnt be able to open the doors untill the presure inside and outside of the suv were close to equal. Windows would roll down no problem and are most likely down. It would be the fastest way out

Scoobert

Read the article, people:

"As we landed in the pool, I remembered a movie and I waited for the water to fill the car and then I opened the door," said Pat Campanella, 56. Letting water in equalizes the pressure and allows the door to open.

The husband opened his passenger door.

Ferrio said:

Oh. Female driver. That explains everything.

girldriver3.jpg

womendrive.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The surface of a pool will have ripples as long as the circulation system is running, as jets are usually placed near the top of the pool as opposed to the bottom. Actually, the surface of a pool being still is an indication that something's wrong, like the skimmer baskets being clogged. However, the kind of ripples on that pool may not be the kind produced from just circulation. It could also be from a breeze, which is all it'd need. As for level control... the drain valve doesn't have to be automatic, you know.

Oh, and if you're going to fake such a picture, you'd also have to recreate the light patterns on the pool floor and sides and have it match the ripples on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom