• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi Touch & Go: Official High Scores Thread

sasimirobot

catfish said:
Finally beat the high score in everything to unlock that balloon pop thing, I think the best mode is marathon, most frustrating too. My best is 4058 or something, just after 4000 anyway, also on marathon, is it better to score worse in the baby fall bit?

If you score no points in the falling mario part, after you unlock the balloon mini-game, I think you get a super light blue yoshi with infinite eggs (accourding to Gamefaqs).

I havent beat Time Attack yet so Im not sure...

I woke up this morning hearing Yoshi DS, turns out my GF was taking a dump and playing at the same time!! :lol :lol :lol

didn't need to know that...:)

Got almost 9000 in Marathon this morning. Got a black Yoshi at the beginning, first time I've done that. Got two white Yoshi's in the course of playing and I've never seen a purple Yoshi (do they exist?).

TheDiave

Banned
'ere's mine...

Score Attack: 348 points
Endless: 3034 meters

I haven't managed to rank yet on the other two modes. :lol

what's that? only 10,000?

yoshi.jpg

as for the Gamefaqs guy - 41256 meters equals 45134.064 yards. I don't think I'll be getting that anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
thread returning from the depths = good game :D

my best in marathon is 7338 now... sometimes you hit a role with scoring the star at the beginning of a yoshi change. you can get another 50 points and half way to another star by the time that is over.

Whats this about a white yoshi? is that light blue yoshi really true? This and polarium have me hooked.

I tried to get the light blue Yoshi, didn't work for me. I didn't really notice a difference between the orange Yoshi vs. the black Yoshi. Maybe it shot slower? it seemed like it did. The GameFaqs picture had a purple Yoshi in it, but I guess you get that around 20k.

my Yoshi starting out was black with 65 eggs. I had three stars in one section once, that was nice. I died over a stupid hole in the ground, wasn't watching where I was going (it was hectic on screen).

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bune duggy said:
I died over a stupid hole in the ground, wasn't watching where I was going (it was hectic on screen).

That's what always happens to me over 6 k. I draw a cloud ramp and there is this very tiny bit of land that sticks out past the cloud and stops yoshi. then the cloud leaves me to plummet....

ksinghsf

The better you do in a stage (more points you get/more times you turn into baby mario/ etc), the higher your chances of getting a white yoshi (unlimited eggs= FUN :)) I was able to get 2 or 3 white yoshis in a row.

I think the only difference between orange and black is that orange is slightly faster, at least it seemed that way to me.

Kai

335, finally beat that damn Score Attack and unlocked Time mode. This game seriously has legs.... I am waiting for a patch download for my MMO and decided to pick my DS up... and bam.. 15 minutes later I finally beat this High Score haha!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kai said:
335, finally beat that damn Score Attack and unlocked Time mode. This game seriously has legs.... I am waiting for a patch download for my MMO and decided to pick my DS up... and bam.. 15 minutes later I finally beat this High Score haha!

Whichever mode that you chase the badguys holding baby luigi is a nasty nasty mode. In a "almost threw my ds across the room" kind of way.

I got the light blue Yoshi (looks white to me) on Time Attack finally. It is damn difficult trying to not hit any coins, especially near the bottom of the screen. the unlimited eggs work wonders when fighting the flying shyguys. you can shoot all you want and don't have to get more fruit. Actually got 10 sec. faster than my last time because of that.

TheDiave

Banned
Here's my updated scores...

Score Attack: 389 pts
Marathon: 3073 yds
Time Attack: 3:49:6
Challenge: 1763 yds

Yeah... Time Attack and Challenge aren't my strong modes. I'll be shocked if I ever get Time Attack under 3 minutes. Anybody got any tips or tricks for it?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
TheDiave said:
Here's my updated scores...

Score Attack: 389 pts
Marathon: 3073 yds
Time Attack: 3:49:6
Challenge: 1763 yds

Yeah... Time Attack and Challenge aren't my strong modes. I'll be shocked if I ever get Time Attack under 3 minutes. Anybody got any tips or tricks for it?

I couldn't beat it with anything under the red yoshi. also, make sure yoshi is always walking on clouds, he walks faster on clouds.

blahness

Score Attack: 690
Marathon: 10691
Time Attack: 2:36:3
Challenge: 3982

I know everyone is probably playing Nintendogs but has anyone here got over 700 in score attack yet? Im gunning for it and need some tips. My current high in the baby mario stage is 193 (has anyone got over 200 yet?), what is the best stragegy for getting high combos in the BM stage?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
got the game yesterday, so far Ive got:

348 - score mode
3247 - marathon

havent ranked in the other two yet

This game rocks :D

Drakken

This game is indeed cool; it's one of the most original games I've played in awhile.

I haven't played a whole lot yet, but so far I have top scores on Marathon (3,000-something) and Score Attack (300-something). I still need to get under 3:00 minutes in Time Attack, and I haven't gotten the top score in Challenge yet either.

Unison

I was actually just playing this again this weekend... The great thing about this game is that after you haven't played if for a while you can come back to it & it will still feel fresh, because of its arcade-like nature.

Top Bottom