• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi Touch & Go: Official High Scores Thread

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Score Attack: 150
Marathon: 2500

I just got this game today... so that's why I'm so bad. My brother picked it up yesterday, so I played his, and I actually liked it. He also got Pokemon Dash which I thought was boring as hell. Nice control scheme but I kinda wish they turned it into a fully fleshed out game, still more interesting than like most else what's out on DS...

joshschw

evilromero said:
Holy shit. How'd you manage 522? I know I can get 400 but that's such a huge leap in ability right there.

I'm guessing he grabs all the fast flyby guys that come across the screen in both the ground and air section. as they are worth either 4 or 5 points each. and if you grab two enemies at once you get a bonus. maybe he can herd them well :). My best score is 312.. :-(

This game is extremely hypnotic. I wasn't very keen on it at first, but over the past few days it has grown on me. Even in the face of playing the excellent Pac-Pix. Yoshi may actually turn out to be a better game in my opinion. Only time will tell.

Unison

My biggest problem is that I almost always play in the subway. One millisecond's distraction will mean death at the higher levels of Marathon mode, it seems, and the freaks on the subway provide plenty of distractions.

sammy

evilromero said:
Holy shit. How'd you manage 522? I know I can get 400 but that's such a huge leap in ability right there.

Honestly, I was in some sorta' hypnotic-zen transe ... with the red Yoshi too! --- My score under it is 493 :lol

I think it was a whole buncha bubbling everything and chunking it at baby mario.

sammy

hehe, everything else on my scoreboard has been with the 'black Yoshi' --- but it gets way way fast and frantic to survive long.

EDIT: DAMN! just hit 600 (Negro Yoshi) --- I can safely move onto the other modes now :p

Hellraizah

I am so pathetic at this game that in Time Attack mode, the game busted out some graphical glitches on me
weirdyoshi8fa.jpg

So what are everyone's high scores in the balloon popping mini game that shows up after you get 1st place in every mode?

I only got 109.

Bristow

Banned
Just picked up the game today and it's really alot of fun. I plan on getting together with my wife tonight for some multiplayer action (single-cart multiplayer is the best thing ever.)

I still suck, so I'll refrain from posting my scores just yet.

Score Attack 318

I'm having a tough time getting into this game. I think the gameplay and controls are good, but this puzzle game structure really turns me off. Looking at the scores here, I don't see anyone getting huge scores in score attack. Which would be the main game mode, I guess. Is the game just really hard or is that simply as far as the average gamer is going to get with this game?

I have 378 on Score Attack. And that's NOT the main mode. I would say Marathon is easily the main game.

My time attack is 2:28:0
Marathon: 4324

djtiesto

Score Attack: 200
Marathon: 5980
Challenge: 1600 or so (need more practice)

Got a lot better at Marathon... drawing "walls" to halt Yoshi's progress, drawing angled ramps to speed him up/slow him down... there's a lot of subtlety to this game. My one question is how do you do so well on Score Attack? Every time I try I get from 160-180... can never hit that magic 300 number. There must be something I'm missing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just picked up the game, wow it's fun. Having trouble with the first section though! Only about 3 times have I managed over 100 on the baby mario bit. What's the best strategy for that part with regards to enemies? I generally try and draw him a quite a long path and then throw the enemies at him. Trouble with this is it gets so frantic that the bubbles I throw at him often throw him off his path.

anyone have a good strategy for hitting those really fast guys on the yoshi section? Do you just need to remember where they come from?

Yeah, the most difficult section for me is Baby Mario falling as well. I usually don't even reach 100 (only had the game for like 2-3 days with about an hour and a half playing time) and things just get too hectic.. :p

I definitely am enjoying this game though.. a lot. Very cool! :D

Strangely enough, I've also had the game freeze on me in the main menu.

sasimirobot

I have 6050 in Endless/marathon, Im sure I can do much better. (somebody on Gamefaqs claims 41,256!!)

2-picture2.jpg

Dcharlie- Your DS sounds like it has a defect, I havent had any problems like that at all, but one time their was an ant on my DS and like an idiot I blew it off and ended up falling into a pit (funny actually).

Do you have problems with other games and the touchscreen?

2 player is fun but a little busted once you figure out that Yoshi runs faster on clouds. All you have to do is draw a straight line about 1cm below the top limit of the screen and then throw 1/2 dozen or so eggs at enemies that block you that high until you reach the Goal/End. If your competitor doesnt do the same they get left in the dust...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Been going back and playing a lot of Yoshi lately...

I still suck at the game, but like Meteos, it's really grown on me.

I can barely break 200 on score attack... fucking falling baby kills me.

Marathon I'm nearing 4000...

Urge to play rising.

Akia

Yeah, the game is really addictive, at least for me, whenever I get to the ground levels. The Sky levels are fun, but they don't captivate me as much as the ground level. Mostly due to Yoshi and the music.

Marathon: 3833

djtiesto

Wow, I got so lucky today on Score Attack... managed to get 249... I'd really like some tips for the baby stage, it's so hard since it seems you have a lot less control over him. I managed 80 points so I was able to get Pink Yoshi... those extra eggs really help. Knowing where the ghosts come out seems to really do the trick, and whenever I can, I try to capture a few coins in a bubble and "launch" it up to baby mario. Nice break after trying to beat Climatrol in PSC's PS2 and failing :p

Does the microphone do anything in this game? I've had it for about 2 weeks, and realized I've never used it/tried to use it and there's an option in the menu about the mic..

gameboya

crisdecuba said:
Score Attack - 600 even.

Hahahahaha anyone else heard of a higher score yet?

~Cris

can you post a pic of that? i maybe heard of one other person to claim over 600, and if you did, well damn, that is fricking UNREAL. I am close to cracking 500, so very close.

nubbe

Got it today and I am surprised over how fun it is. Simple to play with deep functions.
I only have one high score so far :p

Marathon: 3082

The only drawback is that the course layout doesn't seem to be completely random.
So I guess it will get somewhat boring after a few hours.

daMandus

Biglesworth23 said:
Does the microphone do anything in this game? I've had it for about 2 weeks, and realized I've never used it/tried to use it and there's an option in the menu about the mic..

If you blow into it the clouds disappears.

sasimirobot

some tips for falling mario part:

1. trap flying ghosts with a wall(s) then circle as many at once as you can at once (bonus)

2. after you circle a coin(s) use it to "push" other coins/enemies in big clumps so you can circle them as many at once as you can (bonus)

3. touch tree leaves/bushes? at the bottom of the stage to reveal coins

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
On the way to work today, got 288 in score attack... woot, getting better. Finally got 101 on the baby falling part.

Those are good hints, Sasimirobot. I'll have to try those.

acidviper

Banned
I think Score Attack is futile because I can't remember where everything is and even if I did I can't get the timing down for the combos to get everything in the top area.

IE shoot downwards to hit a spiky plant in non-spike mode, rebound on the ground and hit a spiky on the way up and the getting a shyguy and a blue coin.

There is a geometry for every enemy so that you can get a combo. Its ingenious but too complicated. I've seen scores of 600-800 if you can hit everything in your black yoshi.

The falling part is just crazy. I mean if you can juggle 2-3 juggle bubbles so that you are constantly feeding baby mario and pushing enemies into each other for combo scores you can get well over 200.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Finally beat the high score in everything to unlock that balloon pop thing, I think the best mode is marathon, most frustrating too. My best is 4058 or something, just after 4000 anyway, also on marathon, is it better to score worse in the baby fall bit?

Top Bottom