• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your E3 Moment(s) of Old

SantaC

lOpJgM.gif

splattered

I miss when E3 was still allowed to be fun... all the booth babes, shirt cannons, little shows they put on with skimpy outfits haha

Spotting celebrities was always fun... prob 10x more actually there there than I ever even recognized.

The last couple times I went just felt a bit stale and too toned down.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I never imagine I get another NieR after seeing Gestalt not selling well. It was one of the best moments in E3 for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

UnNamed

Banned

It was my first E3 livestream, the feel of being there for the first time. Someone was able to leak the link for the video streaming, it was one of the first live event ever and you could only view it under subscription, don't remember if it was G4 or Game Trailers.

What a time!

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
My brother Solarstrike Solarstrike and I used to order E3 videos from a company that would advertise in Diehard GameFan Magazine. I remember getting video tapes
with up to six hours of game footage. Those were the good times. No internet. You had to read about E3 in magazines and drool over the pictures or
if you were lucky, found the E3 tapes for sale.

xray49er

I still remember that Lost planet gameplay and then the demo being on Xbox live right after the announcement. I played that demo so much that I ended up not liking the game but that demo was incredible for the time.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass. I'm about to take names. And WE'RE about making games"

Eagerly waiting for that big Nintendo E3 only to be greeted by this absolute fucking Karen telling millions of Nintendo fans about her ski accident on the biggest stage in gaming

17n0fkjc7lxtmgif.gif

I don't hate her though ofc, but just in hindsight it's all pretty funny and that sort of super cringe is just what makes a good E3 to me.

Ubisoft and their laser tag was good too.

Over the last ... a lot of years... I have gotten VERY bitter when it comes to the industry.
However I remember being excited about Project Natal as if I had just seen my first ass.

I even went around the office talking about it to people over the next days.

I want that excitement back :(

Romulus

The first E3 with xb360. I was coming off the hype of the original xbox lineup of games. Little did I know it was the beginning of the decline. PS3 sucked too though, but ps4 was a big rebound unlike xb1.

I said this year would be the year I finally went, too. Just my luck:messenger_sad_relieved:

This is my favorite moment in recent memory. When Joel grabbed the shotgun and shot the guy in the fucking face, I came...

Last edited:
Top Bottom