• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manga that just started is so interesting, almost everyone introduced right at the start in some new team to capture Yuuya-oniichan.
tumblr_ntlifnLHul1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Tecl0n

I was surprised to see the Archfiend Zombie-Skull's being used. :eek:
That card Jack found when he was little looks like a Resonator card, I wonder if it's a new one. Was that card the Duel Chaser was given a Fusion Goyo?

Isn't it the same card that he gave that kid who now hates him?

I was surprised to see the Archfiend Zombie-Skull's being used. :eek:
That card Jack found when he was little looks like a Resonator card, I wonder if it's a new one. Was that card the Duel Chaser was given a Fusion Goyo?

Odd Eyes Sabre Dragon is going to be used! I didn't think that card would ever show up here.
Yeah, looked like some high-ranking Goyo.

Liked that Jack opened up a bit.

Yup that was a fusion Goyo, Goyo Emperor to be exact.
The unicorn and phoenix were unexpected, Majespecter related?
It'd be nice if Bot-Eyes lizard could be used for any "Eyes" monster
Did Yuto take over again? It seemed like it at first...

Next Episode Yugo vs. Neo New Sawatari!

Well, no. They were odd-eyes cards :p
It was going to happen, but it was a random moment to introduce them.

Yami Yuya most certainly did take control there, but the eyes changed quickly, I think might've been an animation error as Jack noticed Yuya's eyes changed, but it was his regular eyes instead.

Fj0823

Jesus, is the entire Synchro Dimmension made up of giant gaping assholes? Besides Yugo and MAYBE Crow of course

This series really makes me feel as powerless as Yuya feels in a city of assholes....and it's great.

Also no Yuya, stop trying to make saber look like this awesome cool card, it's not good, it´ll never be. New performapals ARE good though

Tecl0n

Jesus, is the entire Synchro Dimmension made up of giant gaping assholes? Besides Yugo and MAYBE Crow of course

This series really makes me feel as powerless as Yuya feels in a city of assholes....and it's great.

Also no Yuya, stop trying to make saber look like this awesome cool card, it's not good, it´ll never be. New performapals ARE good though

Yuya can't grasp the power of perfect competition.

I thought he was gonna summon kendama to activate its effect so that clear wing can absorb it, guess not. That new high speed roid has a weird effect.

Yuya and Yugo synchronized!

We find out what happens to the losers in the next episode. What, does Tsukikage have a clone in the underground or something. :p

So assuming the brackets are the obvious and not randomized or something, who do you guys think will win each duel? Most are obvious, but I have no idea whether Dennis or Kurosaki will win the upcoming match, and who would win the Yuzu-Serena duel is also not certain. Other than that, Yuuya will win every duel, Bad guy will win until he faces Yuuya, and Crow will face Yuuya in the finals before the Jack fight

Fj0823

So assuming the brackets are the obvious and not randomized or something, who do you guys think will win each duel? Most are obvious, but I have no idea whether Dennis or Kurosaki will win the upcoming match, and who would win the Yuzu-Serena duel is also not certain. Other than that, Yuuya will win every duel, Bad guy will win until he faces Yuuya, and Crow will face Yuuya in the finals before the Jack fight

I need Reiji to wipe the floor with someone, only to lose to the big bad.

Yuya needs to break down even more, I´m talking evangelion levels. Have him accidentally kill Yugo while enraged during their duel

I need Reiji to wipe the floor with someone, only to lose to the big bad.

Yuya needs to break down even more, I´m talking evangelion levels. Have him accidentally kill Yugo while enraged during their duel

I don't think Reiji is actually competing though. And my bet is the Yugo duel ends with him absorbing Yugo like he did Yuto, and gaining the ability to synchro

Great duel so far! Loved the comment by that one random girl in the audience about seeing through her heart, everyone looked at her in a puzzled state lol

Now that Dennis' jig is up, let's see how Kurosaki counters, and Sora is there too.

Watching the raw I was confused as to why Dennis revealed himself, but it makes more sense now if he already had to show fusion in his hand. Well at least this settles the winner. No way is Kurosaki losing after this

Finally, the secret is out!
These new antique gear cards better be printed!
Kurosaki better win D:

Sora is in the next preview, maybe Academia is on the move

Fj0823

Finally, the secret is out!
These new antique gear cards better be printed!
Kurosaki better win D:

Sora is in the next preview, maybe Academia is on the move

There's no way in Hell they'll print a card that lets you send 6+ monsters to your grave, summon a bunch of fusions, then fuse them.

That card will receive some heavy nerfs.

Also dissapointing that Dennis is just using the standard deck all OF use, I was expecting fusion Perfomage or some scary theme.

This kinda reduces Dennis to RR fodder

Fj0823

ARC-V 75

This might be one of the best episodes in the entire franchise.

I was on the edge of my seat when Satellite Cannon Falcon was charging the attack while Dennis desperately tried to get an Action Card

ARC-V 75

This might be one of the best episodes in the entire franchise.

I was on the edge of my seat when Satellite Cannon Falcon was charging the attack while Dennis desperately tried to get an Action Card
I'll wait for the subs to make a final judgement, but I'm not sure I'd go that far. And Dennis was going to lose the moment he revealed his secret, so there's that as well

Yup, wouldn't call it one of the best in the entire franchise, but it was pretty good nonetheless.

King's gambit, eh? Hopefully some Jack action.

Slayven

I need to get back on this, stopped after the second ep when the main dude suddenly forgot how to use the damn summoning thing he just rediscovered.

Ugh screw you KUROSAKI you always ruin all my good characters. I cant wait for him to be destroyed by Sora. Best moment. Also Dennis showing his true colors was fantastic. Academia is my favorite. I also prefer Fusion Summoning more than the others (setting an overlay network is fun at times, but I feel all of them have very cheap unfair effects).

So apparently the order of the matches will be a bit different than expected, since a weekly shonen jump scan spoiled
Yuzu will be fighting Sergey in the second round
. Given this, I'm going to give my revised expectations for a bracket in spoilers below as well as reasoning

For the second round I think matching people up based on the order they went on their respective day on day 1 makes a lot of sense, and fits with Yuzu vs Sergey. Furthermore, given Yuzu and Sergey took the second to last duel on their respective days, but are apparently going second on the third day, I think the order will be opposite of how they went on the third day
This would give us the following bracket for the second round (bolded are who I'd expect to win)
Kurosaki vs Serena
Yuzu vs Sergey
Yugo vs Shinji
Yuuya vs Crow
Yuuya wins as the protagonist
Yugo wins so he can fight Yuuya next round
Sergey wins as the villain who is obviously going to be taken down by Yuuya
Serena is iffier, but I think she needs a good showing, especially since her firsr round match was essentially against a fodder opponent

Then I'd expect a third round like this, though I'm iffier on this than the previous one
Yuuya vs Sergey
Yugo vs Serena
It would go with the idea of basing matches on the order of the previous match. Winners are obvious. This would also lead to a Yuuya vs Yugo final, which I can see making sense, though I could also see Yuuya vs Sergey as a final. From here Yuuya would beat Yugo and gain synchro summoning, than beat Jack

Fj0823

I remember when it was about a psychopathic schizophrenic who went around torturing and murdering people.

Yeah, now its just about a bunch of psychos invading destroying and massacring other communities just because they use cards they don't agree with

Man I miss the old days....wait no, I don't miss GX

Yuzu-oneechan is ded, she isnt even with the lancers in the ED, weeping bitterly.

I cant wait for Sora's increased role this arc.We need more of these fusion experts (Yuzu-oneechan is one)

Well looks like Yuzu is alright, with minimal injuries, plot armor too strong. :D

Is Sora a good guy now?

Can't wait to see the
Enlightened Paladin
next episode!

Fj0823

Well looks like Yuzu is alright, with minimal injuries, plot armor too strong. :D

Is Sora a good guy now?

Can't wait to see the
Enlightened Paladin
next episode!

Probably has his own agenda or got legit shook when he was told they wanted his friend

Fj0823

get wrecked. we have enough with one corny revolution speech protagonist.

also his 'blackwings but bees!!" cards suck.

Watch him sell out to Academia if they promiseto destroy the tops (psssst they'll actually destroy everyrhing!)

Shinji gets his own synchro tuner too.
I like how Shinji was calling Tuning Magician a useless card when his Bee Force Pin the Hit were being called the same. >.>
Enlightenment Magician is great :D

I really hope Tuning Magician has its special summon from hand/graveyard when there are magicians in the pendulum scales effect.

Yay a reunion next episode :D

PLOT

Roger is so creepy. >.>
wonder where this secret place is.

well blackwings vs raid raptors next episode! should be good :D

Tecl0n

everyone is scared shitless of yuuri.

damn it. crow has to go through for plot reasons, but i need new RR support. pls.

Watch him sell out to Academia if they promiseto destroy the tops (psssst they'll actually destroy everyrhing!)

I can see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom