• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Naka/PROPE Announce Rodea The Sky Soldier (3DS/Wii) [Up: Trailer And Screens]

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm assuming the 3DS version will be this with 3D depth.

I am so fucking stoked that these types of games seem to be making a comeback on the 3DS (what with KI and this and the Starfox remake)

Now if Sega does a Space Harrier and Panzer Dragoon tribute or Treasure gets all up in this action I will shit bricks of happiness

ivysaur12

Banned
Something about that is super off-putting. I think it's the sporadic motion the main character makes on screen when you have him move to a different place.

CamHostage

ivysaur12 said:
Something about that is super off-putting. I think it's the sporadic motion the main character makes on screen when you have him move to a different place.

See, I had that mixed reaction at first (the land is also pretty sparsely textured, but I like the look, like a Ratchet game sort of.)

However, I think you have to look not at the way the screen moves but at the way the cursor works: look at how it'll play. I think it's disorienting and spastic at first because we're looking at it as a "flying" game, but from what I can tell, it's not exactly flying so much as it is jumping and bouncing off of stuff, with gliding and aerial stunts on each leap. If you follow the cursor, the game seems to be much less chaotic and confusing, the character follows an arch when he bounds (though I can't exactly understand how you control the cursor's direction or how much control you have over his stunting?) For me at least, it comes together better when I look for that mechanic.

It's like "Sonic the Bionic Commando".

He does NOT need that tail. o_O

And that outfit is fucking ugly. I thought this would be another anthropomorphic character and now I'm wishing he was.

From the vid, looks ... unique?

Seems like he bounces around really fancy like? Like, where ever you point he does a arc towards?

IDK, but I'm waiting for the 3DS version.

beat

After watching that trailer: Day 1!

To be more specific: my initial reaction was "MUST BUY", but every time those horrible story cutscenes came on, with their crap canned animations, I was significantly put off. Good thing it closed on more flying action and a more-than-passable boss fight.

Ramenman

Gameplay looks fast paced, colorful and there's lots of cool visual feedbacks. I wonder how it plays, but I'm very interested in seeing that run in stereoscopic 3D.
The CG cut scenes kinda suck though.

I'm officially very interested.

Then I watch the trailer with sound ON. Ughhh, what a terrible song, what an annoying character voice. Uuuuggghhhhhh. Oh god.

But I'm still interested.

Takao said:
Someone really wants to make a 3D Sonic game but can't.

What kind of weird game designer would want to make a shitty game. I wonder.

Funny story: When the guy screamed "NOOOOOOOOO" at the end of the trailer, the script actually called for him to say "yes", but he gave it a little twist.

Day one for the Wii version!

Danielsan

Game looks pretty good. Story and character design looks like ass though.

71sQa.jpg

And this is just getting shameless really.

jdforge

Banned
Wow, I'm really excited about this. The gameplay looks like a lot of fun, and the environments are so lush and colourful!

What version to get??

Boerseun

Banned
Ivy the Kiwi is brilliant and this new game looks great. It's great to see Naka back in top form!

As an aside, is anyone willing to translate the commentary from this video? It has nothing to do with the game, but for some odd reason the video is referenced by Youtube to go with the Sky Soldier trailer.

C.T.

Just wanted to say, that the ki in kishi is not the ki for knight, but for mechanism, its a pun. Still a good translation escapes me.

UGH, forget about that upload of that trailer, it's lower-quality, and OUT OF SYNC! o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tQzDTW_ZOc

My upload is not only from the main website, but I used a converter (and it fought with me like crazy >_<) to bump it from 800x450 to 842x480, why did I do this?

Because YouTube's upscaling method causes vids to lose detail and makes it a tad blurrier. My method allowed it to pretty much retain the original detail of the video.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Boerseun said:
Thanks, man! That does look better.

And really, this game looks Sonic Colours good. Hopefully we get more information soon.

Speaking of which, has there been any info on a Sonic Colors 3DS? Seems like it would have made a great launch title.

FUCKING AUDIO DELAY! :mad:

It's been driving me nuts. Last time I'm converting to WMV 1080p if this happens again when converting from another format (this was f4v, whatever that is).

The picture was there, the quality was there, but after watching the other uploads, I noticed that the audio in mine was slightly delayed. It doesn't matter so much during the song, but in the cutscenes, you could tell the lip-syncing was a tad off, and to me, that drives me up the wall after all that I've done!

And I tried converting using weaker audio rates, nada.

Well now I converted to H.264 1080p, and it looks like I can finally rest, it worked flawlessly on the first shot, and I BETTER not see any mishaps later! :mad:

Best of all I managed to get the settings at max still, so it ain't getting better than this.

My apologizes to all. :(

New, and HOPEFULLY final upload is in the OP. GAH!!!

Top Bottom