• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yuji Naka/PROPE Announce Rodea The Sky Soldier (3DS/Wii) [Up: Trailer And Screens]

Dascu

neo2046 said:
gameimage.jpg

Is there a bigger version available of that middle screenshot?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
MYE said:
I clicked that link and a pop-up with a pair of tits appeared on screen.

I'm at work!

I'm bored at work, so I clicked the link in hopes of getting tits. But no, I got nothing except for the homepage for the game :(

Hero of Legend said:
The game's been trademarked in NA as Rodea the Sky Soldier.

Am I sensing a pattern?

Sonic the Hedgehog
Ivy the Kiwi?
Rodea the Sky Soldier

XSEED did say they were highly interested in continuing to work with Prope didn't they?

... and don't forget Billy The Hatcher!
Yuji Naka need some drugs in the breakfast.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Love the look of the game, the colors used, art style, and the bruu-bruu skiesss remind me a LOT of Skies of Arcadia.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I really want to see 3DS screens for this.

Actually thought the last one (with the giant robot or whatever) was a 3DS shot.

d+pad

faridmon said:
I still need to play Ivy the Kiwi? I hope its not one of those hard puzzle mind bending games. I am tired of Crash...

Nah, it's a nice, unique platformer. Definitely go for the Wii version if you decide to give it a go (which you should).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Exactly. You could be dumb as... and still complete Ivy. It's a really awesome skill-game though. Well worth its money.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hero of Legend said:
Am I sensing a pattern?

Sonic the Hedgehog
Ivy the Kiwi?
Rodea the Sky Soldier

Could be worse. The pattern could be "____ of _____".

Just to back up that XSEED is nearly a surefire to pick this up, Naka said this during an interview:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/07/ivy-the-kiwi-interview-with-yuji-naka/

In the future, will Xseed publish Prope’s games?

Yeah, if we could that would be great. We’re in the midst of developing new titles too so maybe we can work together.

Pretty much hints that XSEED would be at least a first pick, and they've been great on the Wii so far, though I wondered if XSEED said something similar? Maybe it was just Naka's quote I remembered.

WillyFive

Amir0x said:
yeah but i think they would have just said they were 3DS shots ;)

They are a bit too low polygonal to be for Wii, but since it was made for both 3DS and Wii, it would be likely that they didn't update the models for the Wii. Others did the same thing for PS2 to Wii ports.

My theory is that they are just in-dev-kit shots, they are not meant to be for any system.

Willy105 said:
They are a bit too low polygonal to be for Wii, but since it was made for both 3DS and Wii, it would be likely that they didn't update the models for the Wii. Others did the same thing for PS2 to Wii ports.

My theory is that they are just in-dev-kit shots, they are not meant to be for any system.

The game started development in Fall 2009, and it was confirmed IIRC that these are Wii shots. Plus the shots are in 4:3. The 3DS is 16:10.

MidnightScott said:
OMFG looks awesome for a Wii game. I assume this is Wii stuff as the subtitles mentioned [W I I] :eek:
Plus, the cursor movement is pretty fluid. Who knows if there's a visible cursor on the 3DS version, though.

None of what they're showing so far is from the 3DS version. All the articles and the trailer have notices that say the footage and screens are from the Wii version.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kiwi was great, restored my faith in Naka even if he only really supervised. I expect good things from Prope. :)

Top Bottom