• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon will also be a game

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Confirmed by the man himself during an interview

Screen-Shot-2022-02-09-at-3.52.44-PM.png

The game will be an RPG, on a large scale apparently. No release date but more information could be revealed late April.

Rebel Moon quick synopsis:
A space colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the tyrant Balisarius and his army. Peaceful, the civilians are distraught and desperate.
As a last hope, they send Kora, a mysterious young woman, to seek help from warriors on neighboring planets.

This original story is based on the script for a Star Wars film Zack Snyder had proposed to Lucasfilm before its takeover by Disney.

Cast include Sofia Boutella, Charlie Hunnam, Ed Skrein, Anthony Hopkins & Djimon Hounsou.

Some artwork from the movie:
RebelMoon-extra-16452
RebelMoon-extra-16456

Anthony-Hopkins-Rebel-Moon-Jimmy1.jpg
Zack-Snyders-Rebel-Moon-Concept-Art.jpg

And the (very) small teaser:

Rebel Moon movie will release December 22, 2023 on Netflix.

Last edited:
Zack Snyder knows shot composition and how to fill a frame. What he doesn't know is how to write a story or dialogue or logical character motivations. If this was directed by Zack Snyder and written by someone else, I might be interested, but I cannot listen to more God awful Zack Snyder writing just because the associated images look pretty.

Coconutt

Is the first game going to bring awesome and compelling mysteries and questions and the sequels will be disappointing and hollow?

John Locke Lost Show GIF

Kadve

That's gonna be annoying in some circles. ("Rising" is the sequel. First game which the novel is based on only existed as a GPU pack-in and doesn't have a box art)

1153191-rebmoon.jpg
51T002P3N1L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hell there is even an YA Novel series with that name. Wonder if the publisher can sue.

rebel-moon-a-grazi-kelly-novel-3-2.jpg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It sounds incredibly bland and unoriginal.

Zack Snyder isn't a terrible director, but his writing skills are pretty dire. Army of the Dead was an incoherent mess with giant plot holes. I don't see this being any better. At least it'll look nice.

Shut0wen

Snyder is not a bad director but as a writer... Sucker Punch and Army of the Dead has taught me to stay far, FAR away.
Tbf the concept of sucker punch was actually quite decent, but yeah the script is something else, says alot that his best movies also have other people writing the screenplay like watchmen and kino 300

Kev Kev

Looks pretty cool, I'll have to check it out. I'm sure people will shit on it simply because Snyder's name is on it.

Top Bottom