• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

takriel

I made a thread listing everything we know about this game so far:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336507

I was waiting for one and there wasn't one, so I just made one myself :)

Thank you very much for that!

Has anyone uploaded recent BotW music to Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iPDTC8oOM - This one has the newest trailer music, albeit with some rough cuts to blend out the voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsbtOZWG4o - This one is an orchestral cover of the newest trailer music.

WadeitOut

Those timelines were caused by the ending of Ocarina of Time.

Adult Link left behind a timeline where Ganondorf broke into the Sacred Realm, killed the King, took over Hyrule, and was ultimately defeated and sealed away. Zelda then sent Link back in time to relive his childhood free of this apocalyptic future.

This created two distinct timelines. The future where adult Link had now vanished was left without a hero, and when Ganondorf returned the Gods were forced to flood Hyrule in order to save it. This led to Wind Waker.

Meanwhile Link returned to his childhood where he and Zelda were able to have Ganondorf executed, preventing him from ever entering the Sacred Realm. He then left in search of Navi, leading to the events of Majora's Mask, and much later to Twilight Princess.

Thanks a ton. It was the whole "Future link left so he was no longer around in that timeline thing I was hung up on.

so theory that reunification is happening is looking true.

Wow I hope so that would be great to course correct the timeline.

Cerium

Apropos of nothing, I just noticed that there was apparently an "insider" genocide a week or so ago. A bunch of the prominent ones (who were wrong about most things) got banned on here.

Good.

Cerium

Laura, Emily, and Tom had a good batting score after that conference despite a few errors.

Laura was wrong about just about everything from launch date to Mario to Xenoblade. She even explicitly deconfirmed the 4chan leak. Afterwards she was on twitter throwing her sources under the bus.

I don't know what Emily was saying but I imagine it was much the same there. I don't know who Tom is.

You actually cried?

Yo I proudly had tears coming down my cheeks by the end, largely because of the music (aka the most moving and powerful art form there is). but I was front and center, sitting cross legged second floor at Nintendo NY with a huge OLED screen dominating my vision and surround sound blasting. Nintendo made me feel like a kid again as I watched a dream/fantasy game of mine unfold a bit in front of my eyes. You can see me raise my arms in triumph when 3.3.2017 hits the screen: https://youtu.be/6H7A4xtDKmM?t=1h14m49s

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that was really nice. It really gets me hyped for the game.

Not gonna lie (and I'm not), but a LOT of those reactions were mine exactly lol. May have freaked out a tiny bit more during the crying scene and about the music after that lol.

Speaking of, is the trailer track already available somewhere?

edit yup it is
double edit: nah, that's just a 'shopped' version

Peru

Laura was wrong about just about everything from launch date to Mario to Xenoblade. She even explicitly deconfirmed the 4chan leak. Afterwards she was on twitter throwing her sources under the bus.

I don't know what Emily was saying but I imagine it was much the same there. I don't know who Tom is.

Emily said less about the January event and so still has the best batting average. Zelda date was were everyone missed, but they did correct it before the actual reveal. All those three obviously have real and legit sources, but Laura maybe too easily takes insider suppositions as fact. Mario is done, so it 'should' be released at launch (except there's more to it than that and probably someone in Japan HQ is sitting around debating it without the knowledge of other sources), etc.

In any case they've given us more legit insight into this Switch business than most. We got a correct general spec sheet from Emily before any official details on the console had been revealed at all. But even legit sources info need to be taken with a grain of salt because even insiders make suppositions. Hopefully people have learned that.

Cerium

Oh wow, I didn't realize "leakers" were banned following the Switch event. Is this because lied about info?
Yes. No one got it right except 4chan.

Emily said less about the January event and so still has the best batting average. Zelda date was were everyone missed, but they did correct it before the actual reveal. All those three obviously have real and legit sources, but Laura maybe too easily takes insider suppositions as fact. Mario is done, so it 'should' be released at launch (except there's more to it than that and probably someone in Japan HQ is sitting around debating it without the knowledge of other sources), etc.

In any case they've given us more legit insight into this Switch business than most. We got a correct general spec sheet from Emily before any official details on the console had been revealed at all. But even legit sources info need to be taken with a grain of salt because even insiders make suppositions. Hopefully people have learned that.
I'll give Emily credit for the specs, but Laura was literally about as wrong as she could have been. I don't think she got a single thing right in that presentation. On top of everything I already listed her price was wrong, there was no sign of the Rabbids RPG that was supposed to be there at launch, she said that Mario Kart would have extensive additions including new tracks, she didn't name anything that was actually shown.

I think it's safe to say Laura is a total fraud.

ckaneo

Emily Rodgers has been pretty good lately. She even knew about Arms. Obviously there is Mother 3 hurting her credibility.

LKD is mixed. The switch hardware was right on the money. She obviously got the case of over leaking and stopped checking her sources. And throwing her sources under the bus was the worse thing Ive seen. If we accept information can change and her sources werent lieing she may have just cost several people their jobs. Hopefully now she is humbled.

Liam aint shit. Good youtuber though

Speely

Banned
Who cares about rumors, can we talk about how this launch trailer is freaking amazing? I can't stop re-watching it. Whoever edited this deserves a raise.

I'll give Emily credit for the specs, but Laura was literally about as wrong as she could have been. I don't think she got a single thing right in that presentation. On top of everything I already listed her price was wrong, there was no sign of the Rabbids RPG that was supposed to be there at launch, she said that Mario Kart would have extensive additions including new tracks, she didn't name anything that was actually shown.

Laura had conflicting sources regarding the Zelda date, with a newer source telling her Launch, as well as recanting the Rabbids crossover game before the Presentation (being delayed to September) but she had other leaks confirmed, such as the joycon's IR sensors, motion control, and advanced haptic feedback (HD Rumble).

Cerium

Laura had conflicting sources regarding the Zelda date, with a newer source telling her Launch, as well as recanting the Rabbids crossover game before the Presentation (being delayed to September) but she had other leaks confirmed, such as the joycon's IR sensors, motion control, and advanced haptic feedback (HD Rumble).

So basically she got a few things right on hardware and almost nothing right with software.

Instro

That was an Emily rumor.

oti

Banned
Oh I see. Do we have a list of the debunked rumors? It would be interesting. I think some of the crazier rumors may have set people up for disappointment when it came to the actual Switch event.

The big ones were:

250€ price base SKU
Premium SKU with more storage and Splatoon pack-in for 300€
New Mario at launch (lol)
Splatoon Port, Mario Kart port at launch (lol)
Zelda being delayed because QA and translation issues but then maybe not or maybe yes
"The 4chan leak is totally wrong, you guys"

Some of those leaks were absurd. I even pointed out why but people here didn't believe me.

Well, at least we've all learned out lesson.

Also to be fair about that 4chan leak. It was literally half a day before the presentation, even a lot of us assumed it was fake. Me because of Bomberman because that'd have been a pipedream in normal circumstances.

That said, let's not try to derail this Zelda thread with insiders? Have this bigger scan of the Zelda case art instead.

C2u5j0XWEAgx_tt.jpg:orig

I'll rephrase. It was enough of us disbelieving it that a mod made a joke poll of it. But again, enough of that topic considering it's not really relevant in this thread. Hell, a thread that was solely about the switch would've been more appropriate to carry that discussion.

watershed

Banned
All the music has been really interesting so far. There are some direct feed videos where you can hear the stables music pretty clearly. There's also a jaunty piano that plays when you are riding your horse, some interesting combat music that seems to ramp up the longer the fight lasts, and other little bits. You can also hear the new main theme peppered throughout in a few places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom