• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nahhh

I know the "leaked spoilers" are most likely fake but I didn't endure all those years and delays to risk getting spoilt when the game is only a month away

AmyS

Apparently BotW was rated for violence and sexual content (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...apparently_rated_for_violence_sexual_content/)

azrWrmk.jpg

Saucy

Nice.

ubiblu

Who else took March 3rd off for this?

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!

I'm a grown man with a good job and critical deliverables due in early March, but have still locked in annual leave for March 3-6 and 10-13 solely to play Zelda. I'll also be attending the midnight launch in Australia. My wife finds it hilarious, but I'll be the one laughing (hysterically) as I sit playing the game for four days straight.

Dremorak

Banned
I'm a grown man with a good job and critical deliverables due in early March, but have still locked in annual leave for March 3-6 and 10-13 solely to play Zelda. I'll also be attending the midnight launch in Australia. My wife finds it hilarious, but I'll be the one laughing (hysterically) as I sit playing the game for four days straight.

Oh man, the days of marriage before kids haha. You could actually take time off for yourself :p

Lynd7

Where's the midnight launch? Melb or Syd? Is it like an official one?

ubiblu

Where's the midnight launch? Melb or Syd? Is it like an official one?

Most EB Games will hold them across Australia. I'm Canberra-based, but the Woden / Belconnen / Tuggeranong stores are a sure thing. Nothing announced yet mind you, but historically they do midnight launches for all consoles and AAA games.

I'm doing my masters, so my "job" is a little different, i have a more flexible schedule because of it, but i won't stop doing my things, i want to play the game as sort of a reward at the end of the day, and if i do that i can extend the playtime a little more. I want to soak in the whole game rather than rush through everything.

I know that i will do multiple playthrough too, trying to finish with as little key items as possible, trying to beat ganon at the castle as soon as i can. The game will be very modular in this i think, which past titles already were.

Kjellson

Also worth noting that he states his info "came from a developer in Sweden". Does Nintendo even operate out of Sweden like they do in US, UK, AUS/NZ, etc?
I can't think of any Swedish developer having this info. There is a distributor in my city for the Nordics, but I don't see why they would know anything about a Sheikah warrior and wether Link can get poisoned or not, lol.

Dremorak

Banned
Most EB Games will hold them across Australia. I'm Canberra-based, but the Woden / Belconnen / Tuggeranong stores are a sure thing. Nothing announced yet mind you, but historically they do midnight launches for all consoles and AAA games.

Those dont sound like real place names haha. And I lived in QLD for 5 years.

I'm seeing my long-distance girlfriend the weekend the game comes out... can't really haul my Wii U over there... so it will have to wait for probably Wednesday 8th before I can really sink my teeth in!

Many people playing on Wii U? Got the game super cheap, hoping it's not too inferior.

Cerium

I'm seeing my long-distance girlfriend the weekend the game comes out... can't really haul my Wii U over there... so it will have to wait for probably Wednesday 8th before I can really sink my teeth in!

Many people playing on Wii U? Got the game super cheap, hoping it's not too inferior.

Lower resolution, less draw distance (hence more fog), maybe some downgraded textures.

Phoenixus

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!

March 3rd, and many days after. :D

That's a point, any thoughts on when review copies will be going out? Review outlets will need a lot of time on this one if they want to put something up by release day.

ASIS

Does Nintendo do pre installs for the Wii U? I hope not, the temptation might be too great to just play it on the Wii U and say fuck it for the Switch version. (I'll be getting both copies at the end of the day who am I kidding).

RagnarokX

No problem.

THE ENTIRE BLOCK BELOW CONTAINS MINOR/MAJOR SPOILERS Regardless of whether they're real or not, read at your own risk. They came from gamefaqs, my commentary is in bold.

- Link wakes up in the Shrine of Resurrection with amnesia
- Non linear story progression, certain events cause flashbacks, informing you of what's happened
- One of the dungeons connects Link to another warrior from 100 years ago, you switch between Link and this unnamed warrior in order to progress. It's in the desert area.
- There are several Resurrection shrines
- Zelda wakes up before Link, but seems to retain her memories
- OoT and TP Castle Town are both in the game, but are two separate locations
- A third intact castle and giant city exists named "Dragonthorn Fortress". (This is where it falls apart for me. That name doesn't sound like anything you'd see in a Zelda game.)
- The Calamity/pink cloud isn't Ganon's true form, just his magic/aura.
- You can go directly to Calamity Ganon at the start of the game but you'll probably die because you need a rune that "acts like a force field". When you get near the entrance to Hyrule Castle, he will spew flames/lightning at you which is an insta-kill attack without the rune.
- The Master Sword is put at the "Hero's Pedestal" by the Sheikah after you're put in the Resurrection Shrine (even though the trailer and box art imply Zelda is the one to do this)
- You can get poisoned (no context, this is all he says)
- He has no info on where this fits on the timeline.
- He later clarifies that you connect with the "Sheikah tech warrior 100 years in the past through a Sheikah Slate connection".

Definitely fake

Does Nintendo do pre installs for the Wii U? I hope not, the temptation might be too great to just play it on the Wii U and say fuck it for the Switch version. (I'll be getting both copies at the end of the day who am I kidding).

The wii u version requires a mandatory 3 GB install regardless if you bought it digitally or physically.

My current plan is 5 copies, I might go up to 7 later.

I didn't take any time off from work cause I don't really need to, I start back up at my production job tomorrow morning so I'll have weekends free again woooo. Assuming I don't cancel my preorder at the last minute due to financial shit, I'll get home on Friday at 6pm, set up my Switch, and play all weekend *tears of happiness*

ckaneo

According to r/truezelda the HMK spoilers that were leaked was simply a continuation of the guide whose advertisement was pulled. Big Dungeon amounts, weapon amounts, enemies, etc.

Why people consider these spoilers, I dont know. But apparently they are out there. If someone finds them post here please. In spoiler tags....I guess.

I previously had a friend use his card to pay for Zelda Special Edition at a best buy near me that didn't allow shipping (He wants miles for our Japan trip next year). Took a risk and managed to change the pick up person to myself so I'll be playing Zelda as early as the afternoon while I take time off work. AW YEAH.

klier

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE!

Hell yeah!
I took off the 4th as well, so I'll be playing for three days in a row. Which is great because I haven't had a day off except sundays for about 1.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom