• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

Gotta love that there's a typo in the video title. One thing that really annoyed me about VLR is the amount of typos in the text. Come on guys.
I didn't notice any glaring typos in the text of ZTD, though I think there were a couple of times where the subtitles said something slightly different than the voice acting.

Trying to jump to a time line where they shipped on time? ;)

You know it! lol :)

I missed out on the watch edition (third time's not the charm I suppose...or is it?) so I'll most likely go to a nearby gamestop and hope they got the game in. The gamestop near me is notorious for not getting in their shipments on time/not getting shipments at all but I figured giving it a try would be worth it. I'd like to get my 20% prime discount but considering how long I've been waiting to get these answers I think I'll take the loss to play it on release day. If I can't find it in the wild I'll just wait it out though, I'd rather not go digital with ZTD like I did with VLR.

After avoiding ZTD threads the last few weeks, my Vita copy finally arrived!
img_20160624_212141(1).jpg

Gonna be busy for a few days :)

Manual? Spine text?

You know it! lol :)

I missed out on the watch edition (third time's not the charm I suppose...or is it?) so I'll most likely go to a nearby gamestop and hope they got the game in. The gamestop near me is notorious for not getting in their shipments on time/not getting shipments at all but I figured giving it a try would be worth it. I'd like to get my 20% prime discount but considering how long I've been waiting to get these answers I think I'll take the loss to play it on release day. If I can't find it in the wild I'll just wait it out though, I'd rather not go digital with ZTD like I did with VLR.

Yeah, that's worth a shot! I would also prefer a physical copy over a digital one, but if I'm really feeling the temptation, I may just bite on a digital copy. I really want to play this game. I'm worried that if Amazon's shipment is late that they all would be. But it doesn't hurt to look! :)

As for the watch, apparently they mentioned on Twitter that all will be available individually for a limited time. Maybe then will finally be your chance!

UberTag

Everyone keeps saying this without even knowing if it's a low budget title. For all we know it might not even be low budget. In fact, for a visual novel it actually looks like it's got a pretty good budget behind it, possibly even more than VLR.
I get the impression that this game wasn't low budget so much as it was too ambitious for its allocated budget.

On the watch front, the cynic in me is telling me that keeping online retailers in the dark on when their inventory will arrive is by design. I mean, what better way to ensure your most diehard fans buy multiple copies of the game. If I was running Aksys, I'd definitely delay those bad boys and ensure they arrive no earlier than the following Monday.

Hylian7

I get the impression that this game wasn't low budget so much as it was too ambitious for its allocated budget.

On the watch front, the cynic in me is telling me that keeping online retailers in the dark on when their inventory will arrive is by design. I mean, what better way to ensure your most diehard fans buy multiple copies of the game. If I was running Aksys, I'd definitely delay those bad boys and ensure they arrive no earlier than the following Monday.
Aksys really doesn't strike me as the type of company to pull a move like that.

UberTag

Aksys really doesn't strike me as the type of company to pull a move like that.
I agree with you. I think they're being as open and transparent as possible and the fact that they're hinting that watches will be available individually at a later date reflects that.

My cynical side likes to ignore things like that, though.

Certinty

How's the iPad version of 999?

Completed VLR years ago on the Vita and loved it but never had a DS to play 999.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So I need to play 999 and the other Zero game before this? They're not yet on Steam, right?
Yes, you should most definitely play the first two games first.

Each game builds on the events of the previous games, so if you start on the third one with no prior knowledge, then everything will probably come across sounding like crazy or "lolrandom" talk.

Drakken

Man, hype going through the roof after skimming this thread. Totally forgot this was coming out next week. :eek:

Looks like I'll be playing a Zero Escape game on PC for the first time.

Time to find some good recaps of the first two...

So I need to play 999 and the other Zero game before this? They're not yet on Steam, right?

Absolutely and no, not yet but they will be.

At th very least VLR

Yes, you should most definitely play the first two games first.

Each game builds on the events of the previous games, so if you start on the third one with no prior knowledge, then everything will probably come across sounding like crazy or "lolrandom" talk.

You don't NEED to play 999 or VLR. They give you cliffnotes versions of the relevant story bits from the last 2 games. However, it makes a fuck of a lot more sense if you play, as mStudios says, at least VLR.

But you should play 999 because it is awesome.

You don't NEED to play 999 or VLR. They give you cliffnotes versions of the relevant story bits from the last 2 games. However, it makes a fuck of a lot more sense if you play, as mStudios says, at least VLR.

But you should play 999 because it is awesome.
You don't NEED anesthetic before a surgery but it sure does make the experience a better one. ;P

The fact remains that playing this game before the prior two will not only make this experience a lesser one, when (yes when) the first two games are then played the experience there will also be lesser. Why would you do that to yourself? Get three amazing experiences or one great one and two good ones.

You don't NEED anesthetic before a surgery but it sure does make the experience a better one. ;P

Touchè

I wasng advocating not playing them, just that the game does give you the necessary story bits.

I will agree that haviving played the first 2 does enhance the experience here. I don't think I would've cared as much as I did for the returning characters and Diana if I didn't already know their histories.

Hylian7

Isn't it just about how the watched are delayed and people won't be getting them with the game on the 28th, but on the 18th of July instead?
Probably, but where did that information come from?

Amazon still doesn't say an arrival date for my 3DS copy, and I have seen screenshots of it saying arrival on the 28th.

D-Man

Honestly, I don't mind if we get the watches late. I just want the damn game to come in on time. The watch is just a bonus to an already great purchase.

takoyaki

Honestly, I don't mind if we get the watches late. I just want the damn game to come in on time. The watch is just a bonus to an already great purchase.

that's how I see it as well. I was always planning on also getting a digital copy on day one to have is asap and support the series. If the watch is delayed, I won't mind as long as all pre-orders are fulfilled and no one's order is canceled. They knew for almost a year how many watches they had to produce for day one.

Hylian7

that's how I see it as well. I was always planning on also getting a digital copy on day one to have is asap and support the series. If the watch is delayed, I won't mind as long as all pre-orders are fulfilled and no one's order is canceled. They knew for almost a year how many watches they had to produce for day one.
I feel the same way, although Amazon is making me nervous here with no arrival date.

takoyaki

Ok so really has then been more talk of VLR coming to PC and how long that will take?

there will be another Aksys X Uchikoshi panel at Anime Expo this year. I think that's on July 2 and Uchi is the one who's been hinting at the 999/VLR Steam&Vita ports, so that's my bet on when they get announced officially.

I feel the same way, although Amazon is making me nervous here with no arrival date.

I just hope it's not a long delay and Aksys will be upfront about what went wrong and how long people should expect to wait for their watches.

I don't mind if the watch is delayed as long as we get the game on time! Or give the people who pre-ordered the watch edition a free digital download code for the game ;) I don't think they'll go that far though!

Top Bottom