• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

Durante

"Original Cast" is sort of a weird concept for Zero Escape.
To me, it's pretty straight forward really: the "original" voices in every medium (both film and games) are the ones which had their dialog written by the original author and were directed by the original director.

Gvitor

I swear I don't know what's up with GAF mobile an PMs. Two separate times now I've sent a PM to someone in this thread via mobile and after hitting send, it throws me on the PM menu but the message isn't anywhere there.

I hope someone already helped you by now, Ben.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
i want this game!! is it possible to skip the text dialogues during the cutscenes ?

It's a narrative focused game, I really don't know why you'd want to do that. You can only skip text you've already seen by the looks of it.

Bogeypop

ZTD has leaked! Abandon the "vital steamship" AKA the internet hype train until Tuesday/Wednesday while you still can! (Or better yet from now until you beat the game) I come here as a wounded messenger who had something major for the game spoiled for me when I learned of this news!

ZTD has leaked! Abandon the "vital steamship" AKA the internet hype train until Tuesday/Wednesday while you still can! (Or better yet from now until you beat the game) I come here as a wounded messenger who had something major for the game spoiled for me when I learned of this news!

cGpDLNu.jpg

Akibared

Thanks for the warning I would hate to have something spoiled after waiting all this time!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

I'm only reading this thread until Tuesday... Y'all be cool. Where did you get spoiled?

some 4chan users on /v/ leaked the game so the game is out in the wild now

Stay away from 4chan and reddit! I'm sure you'll be fine on here. Or if you're really cautious, just avoid all ZTD threads. It's only a couple days.

I don't mean you specifically. I mean as a general statement.

blacksark

Sure, but VLR did release several months earlier in Japan than in America, so the Japanese cast was definitely the one that came first in that case. As for ZTD, sure the localization happened while the game was being developed, but I doubt Uchi gave directions to the English cast, but he definitely did to the Japanese one. And by "original" he might mean voice actors who were in VLR, and only Phi's voice returns for the English dub in ZTD, Diana's voice is the same as Luna's in Japanese, but it's someone new in English. Same goes for Sigma.
That's what I mean, yes ;)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
lol well you have only yourself to blame if you're reading 4chan and reddit or gamefaqs...

Yeah I stick on GAF, I trust the people here in this thread and in the OT are going to be kind.

Bogeypop

Stay away from 4chan and reddit! I'm sure you'll be fine on here. Or if you're really cautious, just avoid all ZTD threads. It's only a couple days.

lol well you have only yourself to blame if you're reading 4chan and reddit or gamefaqs...

Yeah I stick on GAF, I trust the people here in this thread and in the OT are going to be kind.

When the very first page of this thread has an unmarked image spoiler for VLR I don't even trust NeoGAF to behave with ZTD spoilers.

At least before the game leaked 4chan had a reviewer spoiling minor stuff, but they used spoiler tags and hid their images. The same applied to 99% of other anons talking about the ZTD minor spoilers or talking about 999/VLR spoilers in their daily threads they've been having counting down to ZTD for the past week. Now that it's leaked though I don't expect that courtesy to last there or anywhere on the internet for that matter.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
When the very first page of this thread has an unmarked image spoiler for VLR I don't even trust NeoGAF to behave with ZTD spoilers.

I think that's reasonable though, if you stumble upon "The Last of Us 2" thread, you're probably going to find unmarked spoilers for Last of Us. It would be courteous to use tags, but I really wouldn't expect it.

Anyways, I'm really worried about getting this from Best Buy where I have GCU. Their online ordering offers no in store pickup for preordering and ordering online says it'll arrive on July 1st! This sucks. I may try to find a physical copy on Tuesday, at Gamestop at the worst, but if I can't find it anywhere I'm going to suck it up and buy it eShop.

EDIT: To answer my own question I read on a Gamefaqs thread that someone said that you can go in store and preorder it there, even if its not available online. So I guess I will be hitting up Best Buy today.

Is it okay if I ask some things here to those who finished the game, using spoilers ?

I just finished the game (review code) but I'm not sure if I saw 100% of the content or if I've missed some kind of true ending.

Can I use spoiler button here or better wait for the OT ?

Are the watch edition preorders from Amazon still up in the air for release day?

Edit: I know about the damaged watches, I mean whether or not we're still getting the game.

Uh oh! Time to abandon the Internet!

DNAbro

Are the watch edition preorders from Amazon still up in the air for release day?

Edit: I know about the damaged watches, I mean whether or not we're still getting the game.

It's supposed to be release day delivery but there have been reports of amazon customer reps saying it will be shipped out on Tuesday. They could be wrong, Amazon has messed up with that stuff before and still got it to me on release day.

Is it okay if I ask some things here to those who finished the game, using spoilers ?

I just finished the game (review code) but I'm not sure if I saw 100% of the content or if I've missed some kind of true ending.

Got another idea, can anyone who have finished the game send me a MP or just show themselves here so I can ask them one thing in private ? Thanks =)

My order says it's shipping and arriving on release day, so I'm not all that worried (Amazon).

But is your order one of the "watch edition" ones or a regular preorder?

I'm also curious, because if it's a normal edition then I'm wondering why mine doesn't say shipping and arriving on release date too...I really wanna play this day one. I'll scavenge my whole city before I go digital though. I've been with Zero Escape since it was just a standalone 999 title. I need to have this day one!

I'm wondering if one day shipping would make a difference?

Manual? Spine text?

Ehh nothing inside the case except the game cart :/

I'm extremely confused...

ZTD SPOILER
I don't understand how the
flowchart works. I'm at the beginning and just did QCD first decisions twice. New paths opens, but as soon as I did the last remaining, the game kept going.

Dis the right way lol?

Nvm... Got it now.

ZTD, MIGHT BE SPOILER
Played 4 hours today and
solved 2 rooms for D Team, still don't have any sense of how the flowchart/time is organized... And every path I chose for the "vote to kill" path always ends up with C Team killed It's how it should be, right?

ugh im mad at myself. I'm in the middle of VLR and hovered over a gif(not here but somewhere else) and found out that
Junpei is Tenmyouji

makes me not wanna play now :/

I'm also spoiled for that, and really, I'm pretty sure your enjoyment won't be affected at all.

For those of you who have played it, how is the jp va? Cost I always play with the original cast and would like to know if it's good.

IMO it's great!

An unexpected plus side for me of using jp va is because I'm reading the subtitle text all the time, I don't even recognize the "poor lip-syncing" of the story parts people mentioned.. Or maybe I'm not that bothered of it in the first place lol

ZTD, MIGHT BE SPOILER
Played 4 hours today and
solved 2 rooms for D Team, still don't have any sense of how the flowchart/time is organized... And every path I chose for the "vote to kill" path always ends up with C Team killed It's how it should be, right?

You are fine. Keep playing and it makes sense.

Fardeen

just curious, do u think a game like zero time dilemma can use denuvo on the pc version? last i heard, it cost a lot to implement this in a game ($100000) specially knowing akyss game had a limited budget for that game

SexyFish

Banned
EGM - 9/10

As the final chapter of the Zero Escape trilogy, Zero Time Dilemma is a dramatic journey through the strengths and weaknesses of the human spirit, one that longtime fans and newcomers can both enjoy and appreciate.

The Good A game that can present a story, mix up all of the pieces, and still have you engrossed the entire time.
The Bad Puzzles not as hard as I’d hoped; some awkwardness in character animations.
The Ugly Oh, I don’t know—the way people die in this game?

Anime News Network - A-

I can tell you that ZTD never plays it safe, and that's why it's so damn good. You will see terrible and gruesome things happen to characters you love. You'll see revelations that come out of left field, only to realize later that everything was in plain sight. Most of all, you'll see a riveting story that takes a sadistic delight in constantly subverting your expectations.

takoyaki

the OP is story spoiler-free and I’ll keep it that way. Belive it or not, after going through all those reviews and picking the least spoilery-yet-informative-parts, I still don't have a clue about the story. Reviewers have been great so far with not spoiling it for fans.

Considering that the game is out in the wild because of broken street-dates AND the iso got dumped, I’m sticking to GAF. If you’re sensitive about spoilers, visiting the ZE 4chan/gamefaqs/reddit pages probably will get you spoiled at some point.

I trust you all to be cautious and use spoilers correctly (images still show up on mobile), but it's probably best to handle that stuff via PM after asking in the thread.

Seriously? It’s only a spoiler if you’ve played the game. Without context, it’s easier to think someone made a dumb photoshop picture of Sigma getting a little too excited.

blacksark

Thanks ryanfadholi ;)

I'm 100% sure that I'm going to have to contact amazon many times in order to have everything as I want, I'm sure that if I don't say nothing the game is not going to ship on 28 june

Kaizer

Banned
Slightly random question, but I currently don't have access to a Vita or 3DS at the moment & was wondering if it'd be possible to run ZTD on my slightly crappy laptop. I don't really do any PC gaming & the only game I've played with my laptop from Steam was 'Her Story' last year.

UberTag

So umm, I'm not sure if you guys realise this, but this is currently in the top 3 best reviewed games of the gen so far.
Let's not get carried away... I'll be happy if the final scores settle around where Virtue's Last Reward (MetaCritic = 84 / GameRankings = 85.56%) and 999 (MetaCritic = 82 / GameRankings = 83.21%) wound up. That said, as of right now, this is still shaping up as the best-reviewed Zero Escape game and that's a very good thing indeed.

MechaX

I swear, these days I don't even give a fuck about getting spoiled on shit in general.

But this series has always been the major exception for me. Time to abandon everywhere but GAF until Tuesday.

Let's not get carried away... I'll be happy if the final scores settle around where Virtue's Last Reward (MetaCritic = 84 / GameRankings = 85.56%) and 999 (MetaCritic = 82 / GameRankings = 83.21%) wound up. That said, as of right now, this is still shaping up as the best-reviewed Zero Escape game and that's a very good thing indeed.

Let's not get carried away? I'm only speaking the truth. I did say it's currently in the top 3 best reviewed games of the gen so far.

Now of course, the metacritic score will likely go down when more reviews get added, but the game also has an advantage because it's not going to get reviewed as much as most other AAA games.

Bogeypop

Seriously? It’s only a spoiler if you’ve played the game. Without context, it’s easier to think someone made a dumb photoshop picture of Sigma getting a little too excited.

You can post a lot of screenshots from the game and hand wave them as out of context as well despite being major spoilers. Sigma at the conclusion of
"End or Beginning"
could be hand waved as a silly
Big Boss
photoshop. Luna at
"Luna End"
could be seen as metaphorically
withering away
because the wait for ZTD's release is unbearable. Or Dio at the finale of
"K End"
where
he's discovered in the treatment pod after having suffocated
could be seen as having gone
hoarse from screaming
his excitement that ZTD is so close to being released.

I think it was a ZTD promotional screenshot, but I saw a picture of
Mira covered in blood
. Even if that screen shot is just a minor event or a
Bad End
I still feel robbed as I've been trying to be on media blackout for ZTD as much as I possibly can. I've even gone so far as to not properly look at the boxart since I don't want to know who the cast is. Heck, the major spoiler I got about ZTD when I found out a leak happened might not even be real, but I still feel cheated out of a possible conclusion, wrong or not, I could have come to myself about a certain character.

Top Bottom