• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie camo Snake > any other Snake

Ironclad

That Zombie camo Snake is awesome. Still, $165 is a lot. I have the money, now to justify spending it. :lol

I may pick up some of the Kubricks however.
528114cl.jpg

evil ways

I have the croc cap Snake, but I still haven't opened him. I don't know, for a $150 badass toy like that I'm afraid it might accidentally fall off the shelf and break, or get all dusty and dirty. Besides the stylish burnt/torn box it comes it looks cool and displays him perfectly.

I still need to get the SDCC '05 Cold War Snake Kubrick, looks so cute. Then there's these badboys:

comicon001.jpg

comicon008200.jpg

comicon015.jpg

Which I am going to try to get a hold of no matter what, especially since there are Vice City and San Andreas sets coming out as well.

jett

D-Member
Ash Housewares said:
but he's not a real zombie...

MGS4 needs zombie Big Boss so they can make a zombie Big Boss action figure

Well, you're in luck. Big Boss is pictured in MGS4's concept art at Kojima Productions' website. :p

evil ways

Truelize said:
Please tell me where I can get those Kubrick GTA's? Those look awesome.

They were a San Diego Comic Con '05 exclusive, $50 a set I believe, but I heard rumblings that Medicom is trying to break into the US market and will offer these plus the other 2 GTA sets through an US online retailer.

The guy I "borrowed" the pics from is selling an extra set on Ebay right now but the damn thing shot up right to $90 thanks to some rich, GTA collector bidding on it. Fucking bastard.

Optimus would just transform into a truck. Snake would sneak into him and feel asleep. Optimus will transform again and Snake gets crushed in his ass.

jenov4

What timing! I just received my 2 dolls in today. Here's some hot snake on snake action:

dsc051512pw.jpg

Here's a close up of the Zombie snake. These toys are so detailed.
dsc051579vl.jpg

.hacked

anyone know where I can get my hands on the orgianl Snake RAH?

closeup5ne.jpg

RAH 212 Naked Snake (Tiger-stripe Version)

Price is not an issue.

evil ways

.hacked said:
Think I might have fount one, waiting for an email back. Shit this is going to cost me :lol

It probably will since it's out of print. Nobody expected 2 more RAH Snakes to be released so the original Tiger Stripe version sold out really fast at most online retailers.

jenov4

.hacked said:
w00t w00t

Naked Snake Tiger-stripe Version will be mine in 8-10 days.

Please tell me how much and where you can get this? I'm also interested! Must finish my collection now.

jenov4

evil ways said:
Go pick up your GTA3 Kubricks before they're gone.

http://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/5392

Then play with them while you wait for these later this year:

Not shown from the San Andreas set are Big Smoke w/ Cigar and Ryder w/ Uzi.

Just wondering, what's so special about these Kubricks anyways? I don't find them attractive at all. I mean, why the hell do these kubrick toys always end up selling for so damn much.

evil ways

Because they are usually rare, and look cool. They are also much taller and detailed than your usual Legos and they seem to know no licensing boundaries.

You would never see Back to the Future, Reservoir Dogs, GTA or MGS2 & 3 Legos, and if you did they would be shitty and use the same molds they have been using since the early 80's. I never did get the craze myself until the MGS2 set came out, still I won't pay more than $7 for a single Kubrick and I only stick to video game and movie related ones.

Just for comparison, look at these pieces of Lego shit:

lego-starwars.jpg

Now compare them to their far more sexier, japanese Kubrick equivalents:

s-swbhbf-1.jpg

oth000843_b.jpg

Also some cases are sold in blind packages which don't tell you what figure you might get, including rare "chase" figures that are really limited. I guess that's one of the reasons why people pay a lot for them and sell/trade them.

Zer0

Banned
im a huge 1/6 collector and the metal gear figures are too expensive for the little detail they have

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
jenov4 said:
Just wondering, what's so special about these Kubricks anyways? I don't find them attractive at all. I mean, why the hell do these kubrick toys always end up selling for so damn much.
They look great as a collection, being small and of a uniform format. More detailed action figures look nice and all, but they take up too much space and if you put a bunch on display next to each other, they tend to look really chaotic.

Top Bottom