• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Deadpool 2’ may have found its new director in ‘John Wick’s’ David Leitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/deadpool-2-new-director-david-leitch-1201902642/

Pretty good get

20th Century Fox has hired “John Wick” director David Leitch to helm “Deadpool 2,” less than a week after Tim Miller dropped out due to creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

Leitch also directed “The Coldest City.” He had initially been eyed by Fox to helm its long-in-development “X-Force” movie adaptation, but has since been tapped for the “Deadpool” sequel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can't complain about that choice.

At least the action will be great.

But dude doesnt really have a lot of experience actually directing so its hard to judge if this will work out good or not.

So the writing is the same but the action will be better? Somehow Fox might have the second best comic franchise, with only Captain America being better (to me anyway). Considering where we were after X3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (and how much of a rotten streak Ryan Reynolds had), that's almost unfathomable.

Falchion

The action in John Wick was fantastic so I'm excited to see some trailers down the road to see how this is looking.

Cardon

That's one hell of a replacement. Should be a good flick unless the humor tries too hard or the casting stumbles.

Talk about an excellent choice! The action is gonna be sick.

My only concern is if David Leitch will be able to handle the comedy as well as Miller did. Then again, it's the same writing team and Reynolds clearly holds a lot of power in this process, so I'm not too worried about that.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
20th Century Fox has hired “John Wick” director David Leitch to helm “Deadpool 2,” less than a week after Tim Miller dropped out due to creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

UPDATED: “John Wick” director David Leitch has emerged as the frontrunner to helm “Deadpool 2,” less than a week after Tim Miller dropped out due to creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

So is he official signed in to direct or just a frontrunner? I'm confused.

/E:

yeah, it's the same news from the other thread, he's not hired yet

Good news for the fans. Deadpool's humor got old pretty quickly for me so I'm kinda disappointed. The action will be incredible for sure but I would prefer for this director to be doing something else.

Not-bad-GIF.gif

not too shabby

Register

Banned
I don't think any director will have much of a different impact, as it seems to be spear-headed primarily by Reynolds himself and I'd bet he has the most and last say in it.

Akahige

So is he official signed in to direct or just a frontrunner? I'm confused.

/E:

yeah, it's the same news from the other thread, he's not hired yet
Variety jumped the gun.

Would be a good choice, the guy can direct the fuck out of action, the writers and Reynolds are more than apt at bringing the comedy aspects.

lol at everyone jizzing their pants... he co-directed john wick. Chad Stahelski is credited as the director of the movie. Also, that's literally the only thing he has done in terms of directing that we can base judgement on since his new movie isn't even out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom