• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody explain the ants at the beginning of the last episode? And is there anything going on with the young boy? He looked ill towards the end of the episode but I might be imagining it.

Sriefer

Banned
Can anybody explain the ants at the beginning of the last episode? And is there anything going on with the young boy? He looked ill towards the end of the episode but I might be imagining it.

Analogy that ants always get in? Or, preview of next spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead Ants"

Analogy that ants always get in? Or, preview of next spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead Ants"

Analogy? I think what you mean to say is

tumblr_lya9xtDlUB1qbmv14o2_500.gif

Kinyou

Comic spoilers:
I kind of want TV Jessie to make it. She's a much stronger character than comic Jessie. Would be pretty awesome if Rick cuts Sam's arm off instead of Jessie's. Rick wipes out her entire family and makes her his own.

And anyone else think it will be the wolf who shoots out Carl's eye? As of now it looks like he'll be the only one running around with a gun.
Comic spoilers
I'm pretty confident that someone will get their arm cut off once I saw Rick swinging that little axe, but yeah !maybe it won't be Jessie.

Have they had that one death this season that just bums you out yet ?
1 Jim
2 dale/ Shane
3 Lori jk Andrea to an extent
4 Hershel
5 I'm going bob over tyrese or Beth though tyreses death was taped well too bad they screwed his character
Fuck I forgot Tyrese died in such a stupid way. Waste of character.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Rosita and Tara could have both nailed that dude if they really wanted to I bet. I think it's more that they didn't want to take any chances at all of Denise being injured in the process She's the only "Doc" left in town so they really do need her. I'm sure the wolf will leave her alive for the time being cause he needs her. Gives the group time to mount a rescue of some kind hopefully.
This is one of the guys from the group that were hacking the legs off corpses of the townspeople. It was a pretty dumb scene all round - pretty hospitalesque.

dustyherb

This is one of the guys from the group that were hacking the legs off corpses of the townspeople. It was a pretty dumb scene all round - pretty hospitalesque.
Ya but he needs her because he's injured and in danger of dying from an infection in his wound.

TVexperto

no, its a real neighborhood that they use

So there are real people living inside those walls? They probably get paid pretty well? Or was the wall already there before they even started filming? Is that what americans call a gated community? We dont have those over here in Europe..

So there are real people living inside those walls? They probably get paid pretty well? Or was the wall already there before they even started filming? Is that what americans call a gated community? We dont have those over here in Europe..

The crew built the walls, the tower and a few other smaller things. I think they put those solar-panels in place too [though obviously they're just fake lookalikes]

The majority of the rest was already there. It is a real neighbourhood and people do live there.

Apoc29

Gated communities exist but their walls usually look a lot nicer than those struggle walls.

LosDaddie

Banned
I haven't seen the finale yet, but I just wanted to say to the 2 or 3 people I debated it with; You were right and I was wrong.

Glenn did survive. I do think it was bullshit how he survived, but whatevs.

I haven't seen the finale yet, but I just wanted to say to the 2 or 3 people I debated it with; You were right and I was wrong.

Glenn did survive. I do think it was bullshit how he survived, but whatevs.
While I do think it's silly that he didn't get bitten while on the ground, there is precedent for the notion of walkers ignoring you and moving on if they can't see you.

In the S5 finale, that was Daryl's plan when they were trapped in the car. He wanted to cover the windows so the walkers couldn't see them inside

So Glenn killing walkers to block up the sides of the dumpster, and the others not being able to see him anymore and moving on, does make sense

Getting under the dumpster without any bites doesn't

JoeNut

That kid needs to die, he's absolutely the worst thing about the show

pretend you're someone who's not scared, ffs..

Yeah, I'd like to know this too, if anyone knows pleas share
Comic spoilers
I'm pretty confident that someone will get their arm cut off once I saw Rick swinging that little axe, but yeah !maybe it won't be Jessie.
why do you think it won't be Jessie?
Walking Dead Cordyceps confirmed. Joel and Ellie main characters please.
lol!
Damn, did the guy who plays glen get some work done or something?
What do you mean?
I'd pretty much explode if it went down like this.
Good or bad?
While I do think it's silly that he didn't get bitten while on the ground, there is precedent for the notion of walkers ignoring you and moving on if they can't see you.

In the S5 finale, that was Daryl's plan when they were trapped in the car. He wanted to cover the windows so the walkers couldn't see them inside

So Glenn killing walkers to block up the sides of the dumpster, and the others not being able to see him anymore and moving on, does make sense

Getting under the dumpster without any bites doesn't
The only things zombies can still see are light and movement, according to Kirkman, I think. They saw co get in the car and that's why they're clamoring at it and I feel like they're attention wouldn't go elsewhere unless something happened elsewhere to grab their attention.
Rewatched the episode

funny snippet

http://media.gq.com/photos/565bee47.../walking-dead-season-6-episode-8-sam-door.gif

put link instead. gif is really large
That fuxking boy.
That kid needs to die, he's absolutely the worst thing about the show

pretend you're someone who's not scared, ffs..
Seriously...why did he suddenly feel like it is okay to not keep his mouth shut?

But obviously, what carol said to him last season had a pretty bad effect on him given how he was drawing a picture of it.

kronose

Banned

It was foreshadowing. The ants were slow and deliberate, like a troop going towards the food. They were leading up to the walkers breaking in through the wall, while not fast, methodical and consistent. Basically the ants = walkers, cookie = people to eat. It was pretty good symbolism actually when you make the correlation.

Kinyou

why do you think it won't be Jessie?
Comic spoilers
Just a pure guess because she seemingly got more character development than I remember from the Comic one. However, it would also make sense that she dies considering that it has been a while since we had a death that felt impactful

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm not sure if (comic)
the writers will kill Jessie in the same way as in the comic. She actually has a relationship with Rick at that point in the comic, which makes what Rick does to her so much more impactful - Rick and Jessie haven't actually started a relationship yet on the show, so I think that if they did kill her off it might feel a little undercooked.

takriel

Guys I think we all know what happens to the little kid right? Especially with the way the episode ended. He's calling out for his mother, she's ignoring him. The walkers will notice his voice, turn for him and eat him alive. His mother can't do shit about it, because there's walkers all around them. She has to basically sacrifice him for the group to move on. At least that's how I see it.

He's probably gonna die yeah...

I wouldn't even say Sam's reaction is unrealistic. He's 10. His mother literally gives the worst advice ever and more importantly he hasn't been hardened at all. I'd probably react similar at that age to be honest. He's just like Sophia if not softer. Carol's comments haven't helped either.

I think its easy to forget that most children in their world are probably either massively sheltered in 'safe' places like Alexandria and Woodbury, or just end up dead. I doubt there's many Enid's about in comparison.

However, just because its realistic that doesn't mean that it ain't annoying.

good explosion

I see it playing out a lot like that more or less. Premier should be great.
Word. Bring it on. February right?
Comic spoilers
Just a pure guess because she seemingly got more character development than I remember from the Comic one. However, it would also make sense that she dies considering that it has been a while since we had a death that felt impactful
Yeah I like Jessie's character so it'd be nice to see her character develop further (wait, what are the things that happened with her on the show that didn't in the comic) but if at this point in the story she meets her fatality, she needs to meet itX I need rick to hook up with michonne.
I'm not sure if (comic)
the writers will kill Jessie in the same way as in the comic. She actually has a relationship with Rick at that point in the comic, which makes what Rick does to her so much more impactful - Rick and Jessie haven't actually started a relationship yet on the show, so I think that if they did kill her off it might feel a little undercooked.
i agree about the undercooked thing because Alex is a good actress, but she and rick have already started a relationship. They made out and they might've fucked. We don't know how their night ended.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
i agree about the undercooked thing because Alex is a good actress, but she and rick have already started a relationship. They made out and they might've fucked. We don't know how their night ended.

(comic)
Eh, I think we need to actually see a substantial relationship between those two for her death in that specific situation to make any sort of real impact.

show speculation/comics:
I just don't see her family living because the Ron shit is gonna go down. And after that bomb drops that kid gon die. And once he does it just doesn't seem feasible to me that the rest of the family would be able to move forward. Also that little kid is probably gonna get it too. I guess I could see Jessie being the lone survivor in her family but it seems like a long shot.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
show speculation/comics:
I just don't see her family living because the Ron shit is gonna go down. And after that bomb drops that kid gon die. And once he does it just doesn't seem feasible to me that the rest of the family would be able to move forward. Also that little kid is probably gonna get it too. I guess I could see Jessie being the lone survivor in her family but it seems like a long shot.

I mean, I think you're right, I just don't see it being anywhere near as (comic)
BAM! as in the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom