• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Full-on riot’ breaks out during Twitch influencer Kai Cenat’s PS5 giveaway in NYC’s Union Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitch gamer Kai Cenat, who has over 20 million followers on the gaming platform, scheduled the real-world meet-up at 3:30 p.m. and planned to give away PlayStation 5s, computers, microphones and other gaming accessories. But within a half-hour, the crowd of nearly 1,000 kids broke down into chaos with the attendees tossing cones and brawling.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Nah just dem cities. NYC has been shit for a while now.
mnn0TpO.jpg

Wildebeest

Oh no, he'll probably catch a three-day ban from twitch and only twice as many viewers when he comes back. What a disaster for his streaming career.

Vox Machina

Banned
I waited in line overnight outside a Best Buy in NYC for an RTX 3000 series drop, by the morning the "line" had devolved into an angry mess outside the front door and obvious scalpers were showing up in cars and just waltzing to the front no fucks given. It got hairy for a bit and lots of shoving was done. I thankfully walked away with a 3080Ti but it was not something I would want to do again. These kinds of things always get nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom