• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Full-on riot’ breaks out during Twitch influencer Kai Cenat’s PS5 giveaway in NYC’s Union Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
He was arrested by the authorities. Inciting riot is a felony. But he'll probably only get a slap on the wrist because he's famous and rich.

Yes, it says that he was arrested in the first post.

As you say, nothing will likely happen to him, I think we can agree that he'll benefit from the publicity, will likely gain more subscribers, clicks and revenue. That's what I meant when I said that he was probably laughing all the way to the bank.

It seems like we agree but your reply reads like you're arguing a point with me, sorry but I'm not sure how to respond.

Try that in a small town.
Crank It Up Country Music GIF by CMT

Meicyn

Gold Member
I want to go to one of those states where everyone is spread out from each other people suck
Talk is cheap, just do it.

I love living in the Midwest. Bought farm fresh corn today, my neighbors fire guns recreationally because we’re outside city limits. I can have my home theater setup as loud as I want because there’s plenty of separation between homes. I have access to fantastic butchers and smoke ribs on the regular.

The narrow gap between rural and suburban is perfect. Quiet living where people mind their own business, but you still have access to amenities like cable internet. Cost of living is low. I don’t have to deal with crime because the entire neighborhood is armed. I consider it paradise.

Try that in a small town.
Crank It Up Country Music GIF by CMT
lmao aldean is a poser

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Talk is cheap, just do it.

I love living in the Midwest. Bought farm fresh corn today, my neighbors fire guns recreationally because we’re outside city limits. I can have my home theater setup as loud as I want because there’s plenty of separation between homes. I have access to fantastic butchers and smoke ribs on the regular.

The narrow gap between rural and suburban is perfect. Quiet living where people mind their own business, but you still have access to amenities like cable internet. Cost of living is low. I don’t have to deal with crime because the entire neighborhood is armed. I consider it paradise.

lmao aldean is a poser
I plan on it when I retire

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
As an unfortunate Texan (grew up here, work here, and have family here - but hope to be far away by this time next year), I care about it a hell of a lot more than this GOP run shit holes!

I want the opposite of this. I want density, a sense of collectivism, and public transportation. I miss living in Asia.
Theres Only 2 things that leave Texas

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
As an unfortunate Texan (grew up here, work here, and have family here - but hope to be far away by this time next year), I care about it a hell of a lot more than this GOP run shit holes!

I want the opposite of this. I want density, a sense of collectivism, and public transportation. I miss living in Asia.
I have lived in 15 different densely populated cities in the US in different states. Texas is fucking amazing. Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

Last edited:

Laieon

I have lived in 15 different densely populated cities in the US in different states. Texas is fucking amazing. Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

The door can hit me in the ass as I leave all I want, it'll feel better than living in this place ever has.

America doesn't build (most) of it's cities with density in mind, so I call bullshit on your claim - unless your definition of dense is different than mine.

Last edited:
in my neighborhood if someone is passed out on the street we do this weird thing called helping them

its called being a functional adult

imagine prioritizing attending a meeting over helping another person and using it as a point of pride

lmao
I remember when I passed a person laying on a sidewalk. All their stuff was strewn about the street. I immediately called 911 and reported it. It was most likely a homeless person but they were just laying flat on the sidewalk.

It's not 2020 anymore people. You can find PS5s at your local electronics store.
True, but I think part of what caused the chaos is this PS5 is free. Maybe I missed something, but why was the guy giving the console away arrested?

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Nothing makes me feel older than every week learning about some new twitch streamer I’ve never heard of that is apparently the most popular person in the world.
Yeah, I thought it was xqc or that communist Hassan dude. Never heard of this guy.

diffusionx

Gold Member
NYC is a dump. It should be great, but it isn't. It actually was great not that long ago, but for some reason the people in charge decided that just would not do, and they decided to make the place worse and unbearable for normal people to live decent respectable lives. It's a dirty, depressing, smelly dump full of deranged lunatics, newly formed tent cities, and empty luxury apartments owned by foreigners who never visit.

Do these kids not realize that God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West are available on PS4? Oh wait... they must wanna play Demon's Souls Remake. Dam it Jimmy... release it n on PC already, you are causing riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom