• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ Is Ending Its Weekly Updates

Draugoth

Gold Member
960x0.png

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has launched Episode 2 of its first season which, as you might expect, has not exactly burned the barn down in terms of playercount. Steam puts the player peak for the episode release at just 559 players, and it’s down to peaking under 500 even on the weekend here. Its Joker release got up to 3,000 players, albeit that was still just about 20% of its launch numbers. Now, the game has announced it will be stopping its weekly developer updates.

If you’re a Destiny player, this would be the equivalent of that game’s “This Week at Bungie” articles which detail current and upcoming events in the game, often in great detail. While Suicide Squad has had these running essentially since launch, they’re winding them down:

“Now that both Episodes for Season 1 are in your hands, our developer updates will change from being weekly to releasing them when we have big news to share about future content. We hope this will make the release of each new update an exciting event, while keeping you all up to date on all the happening with the game!”

Outside of the playercount issues, you can see things already slipping in terms of the live timeline. Episode 1 came out a little late and Episode 2, supposedly out eight weeks after that, was delayed as well. Now, we’re supposed to be getting season 2 three months after The Joker launched, but that’s not confirmed and we don’t have a date for it. Now, we won’t have weekly updates about any aspect of the game until…when, exactly? No idea. But it’s clear there’s just not much to talk about with the current state of the game, and this has sent a message to players that they might be walking away altogether soon.

via Forbes

Last edited:

SSfox

As a huge Batman Arkham trilogy fan I was extremely hype about this game and I was like "I'm getting this day one" no matter what

Until they do the full presentation and showed the game and realized what dog turd it's gonna be. This is not the same studio that made the iconic Batman Arkham games

They can still put this trash for free on PSN and I'm not even gonna download this

It was only released in February.

I’ll be interested to see what happens to Rocksteady over the coming months.

Voting with your wallet is the way to go tho with any product.

WoJ

This game is pathetic. It's unbelievable how many developers are willing to chase the GAAS dream with trash like this. I know the rumors were they'd release content through early next year. But I wonder if it even makes it that long.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
All I remember from the trailers is a shit looking game which had gamers mindlessly blasting anything purple (weak spot). It was literally like Lost Planet shooting orange shit in the snow, but SS has an urban environment shooting shit that's purple.

Dead by the end of the year at *max*. I expect this to show up on PS+ and Game Pass very soon.

Hasn't it already been confirmed this game cost WB huge amounts of money as a massive loss? WB is ruthless; they'll pull that plug quickly and I'm guessing it's soon. Itll probably get Season 2(probably late) and I wouldn't be shocked if that's the end.

Failure on all aspects with this game. No one asked for it, no one wanted it...just an all-around cement faceplant.

This will be dead before Thanksgiving, and put on sale for the festive season for like ten quid to try and catch anyone morbidly curious about it.

Once it hits Gamepass and PS+, we can declare it dead.

BTW, if you look at my post history you will see I really tried with this game at the start, but bad updates, garbage gameplay loop and some plain awful character designs chased me away back to Destiny.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There is no endgame, story is crap, characters are ugly. Doomed to failure. Gameplay was fun but nothing will keep you there and the bastardization of Superheroes and Supervillains is just a joke and is in poor taste. That Mrs. Freeze is just awful. Wouldn't be surprised if Rocksteady hits Rockbottom after this. Betrayed a lot of people with this "game".

cobaltorange

Neo Member
This game is pathetic. It's unbelievable how many developers are willing to chase the GAAS dream with trash like this. I know the rumors were they'd release content through early next year. But I wonder if it even makes it that long.
The problem was that they started developing this game when GAAS was the next big thing. By the time it was officially unveiled, it was too late to backtrack.

simpatico

We told these mofos not to even launch it. They would have saved tens of millions just by dragging the piece of shit to the recycling bin a year ago.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Aha aha, my son bought this game and I’m pretty sure he spent money on some of those digital clothes also. This is going to be amazing when I get home from the road. I’m going right now to gather all my best material and have it ready.

Saber

Gold Member
To the surprise of absolute no one. The only ones that could take this as a surprise are the clowns that still support and defend this, even after the devs spits on their faces with their barebones and retard content.
I honestly think these people deserve this. This is the type of game you nurture, you deserve nothing but garbage.

Last edited:
That Damian Wayne game cancellation still hurts. All for this shit.

Sincerely hope every fucking GaaS title that WB touches, bombs hard critically and commercially, so that they exclusively make only SP titles on console/pc, and leave GaaS to mobile only.

semiconscious

Gold Member
There is no endgame, story is crap, characters are ugly. Doomed to failure. Gameplay was fun but nothing will keep you there and the bastardization of Superheroes and Supervillains is just a joke and is in poor taste. That Mrs. Freeze is just awful. Wouldn't be surprised if Rocksteady hits Rockbottom after this. Betrayed a lot of people with this "game".
Before seemingly becoming embroiled in a multi-year Suicide Squad quagmire, developer Rocksteady Studio was reportedly working on an original multiplayer game, one in an entirely new setting...
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...tedly-developing-an-original-multiplayer-game

the article says that warner bros 'offered' the suicide squad property to rocksteady, whatever that implies. but this does easily explain why the game feels exactly like an average multiplayer shooter that's had the dc stable of characters basically force injected into it...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

semiconscious

Gold Member
Something tells me if it remained original it would have been received better.
see, after reading that article, that's the first thing i thought, also. there was probably a lot of enthusiasm about doing something fresh, story/character wise. i mean, being a single-player gamer, i wouldn't've been personally interested, but, yeah, left alone, i think they very likely would've come up with something more interesting & better received. truth is, as things've turned out, it would've been a challenge not to have...

Frwrd

We told these mofos not to even launch it. They would have saved tens of millions just by dragging the piece of shit to the recycling bin a year ago.
Agreed!
To be honest, I genuinely wonder why and who the fuck risks their studio getting closed over some bullshit Gass (Games As Shitty Service) that nobody fucking wants nor asked for.

That's the only reason why I don't even feel bad for most of these mfs when their shit launches and flops.
I don't celebrate having less gaming developers, let alone people losing their fucking jobs over some investors/corpos greed, but still it's so hard to feel bad about shit like this.

simpatico

Agreed!
To be honest, I genuinely wonder why and who the fuck risks their studio getting closed over some bullshit Gass (Games As Shitty Service) that nobody fucking wants nor asked for.

That's the only reason why I don't even feel bad for most of these mfs when their shit launches and flops.
I don't celebrate having less gaming developers, let alone people losing their fucking jobs over some investors/corpos greed, but still it's so hard to feel bad about shit like this.
Imagine being so bad at your job that your company loses money by not throwing away what you spent years working on.

semiconscious

Gold Member
Never forget and never forgive what they took from us. Imagine a single player Suicide Squad game in the line of Batman Arkham games.
y'know, personally, i'm not sure i'm ready for any game featuring the suicide squad as protagonists. if I'm gonna play as a psychopath, bruce wayne's about as far as i'm willing to go...

now, catwoman? i'm all in...

T-0800

As a huge Batman Arkham trilogy fan I was extremely hype about this game and I was like "I'm getting this day one" no matter what

Until they do the full presentation and showed the game and realized what dog turd it's gonna be. This is not the same studio that made the iconic Batman Arkham games

They can still put this trash for free on PSN and I'm not even gonna download this
I had fun with the free trial. I'd buy if for a heavily discounted price if they finish the story and make it playable offline.

Top Bottom