• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: It No Longer Seems Possible ‘Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League’ Will Last The Year

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
As others have pointed out, not a single credit name on this game was on ANY of the Arkham games and vise versa. They are Rock Steady in name only.

How is this possible? So what were the REAL RockSteady guys working on?

MiguelItUp

Don't blame them. This is on Rocksteady and WB.
Exactly. Sweet Baby is a consulting studio, they're hired to do work. It's not like they just force themselves in and change everything against the developer and publisher's will.

The game was just poorly handled for various reasons, and I'm sure WB forced way too much which is what caused RS folks to abandon ship. Who can blame them for that?

tkscz

How is this possible? So what were the REAL RockSteady guys working on?
From what others here and everywhere else have said, nothing because they aren't at RockSteady anymore. It's one of the reasons this game took so long to release. The only thing we don't know is why. Most people assume it's from execs from Warner coming in and wanting more and more changes to fit the GaaS model and they didn't want that so they left, but that part is rumors. The team that worked on Gotham Knights are the ones that finished this.

There was a post in another topic that showed most of the leads were in fact the same as from arkham knight at least.

I must've missed that post. What were their lead positions?

Last edited:

nush

There are people at WB, highly paid individuals, who are making multimillion dollar decisions and they are somehow flabbergasted that this game crashed and burned this hard.
Making videogames crash is kinda on brand for Warner Brothers.

MiguelItUp

Thanks for the update. Still interesting.

We got some low IQ posters on GAF lately. So a dev works on a game for 9 years and you actually think Sweet Baby, Inc. is why it's so bad? Really man? I swear, you guys and your Woke-Card have gotten annoying. Next, WOKE is going to be the blame for cancer lol!!!
Yeah, I'd agree that SBI has some bizarre focus on things that really shouldn't be so strong handed or SO on the forefront. But they're not man handling people's projects. The SBI thread that exists is full of some hysterical takes. I get people hate them because "woke", but they're a consultation studio first and foremost. They just appear to have a variety of practices that they offer. How Suicide Squad was handled by SBI is anyone's guess, it's all up to the devs and pubs and how much of their services they want to use.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I’ve lost hope since Anthem, flying around was so much fun but fucked up everything else. No one wants a new one of these games they already have ones they play.

Lokaum D+

That’s so unfair! Don’t blame “we take a shit in the ground beef Inc.”, instead you should blame Burger King for buying their meat from “we take a shit in the ground beef Inc”!!!!

Don’t you get it? This is a very important distinction.
yeah i get it, i ll stop blaming game companies that do shit games and start blaming customers since they are the ones buying "this shit beef", thanks

Last edited:
What, you guys aren't excited to fight 12 more variations of Brainiac in a game that gets repetitive after the first 4 hours?

Lokaum D+

What, you guys aren't excited to fight 12 more variations of Brainiac in a game that gets repetitive after the first 4 hours?
in the last season they ll announce that the heroes who were killed were actually evil clones made by brainiacc and the next missions will be to save the heroes, and kill the remaining brainiacs, this is the only way to maintain player engagement for this game.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The fact that Helldivers 2 came after this to massive sucess must just rub salt in the wound
As in, there was a massive market interested in a co-op tps, and SuSq failed to capitalize on that

It also is a statement to the industry that there's no need to force your SP devs to make a GAAS game.

tkscz

The fact that Helldivers 2 came after this to massive sucess must just rub salt in the wound
As in, there was a massive market interested in a co-op tps, and SuSq failed to capitalize on that
Like I said in the other thread, SSKtJL was created as a GaaS based on what execs believe was popular, HDII was made as a fun multiplayer game that could also be considered a GaaS. It's clear what people will choose but it's also clear what execs who don't play games will think.

Good, move on to something worthwhile instead.
They already moved to Hell Divers 2
Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

Last edited:
Top Bottom